Leonard Taylor to Jets

5 stars failing doesn’t look good on the program.
5 star rating is about "potential". Developing that potential is a two way street; it's on the player to put the time and effort into the program the staff lays out for him. Plenty of other 5 stars get that. IDK if you listen to any of the stories of kids drafted highly. The WANTED it. LT never wanted it that badly. He assumed it was going to be handed to him.

Using LT as an example - things were simply too easy for him all through HS. He's an acknowledged "mama's boy" which didn't help either. Between his mother coming in to cry about his eating and Mario summoning the family in to light a fire under him, the handwriting was on the wall from the start....

I think Mario has been changing the mental make up of the locker room since he got to Miami. The "purging of the locker room " wasn't just about upgrading talent; it was about upgrading the mental make up , the inner drive and competitiveness too.

Last edited:
Advertisement
5 star rating is about "potential". Developing that potential is a two way street; it's on the player to put the time and effort into the program the staff lays out for him. Plenty of other 5 stars get that. IDK if you listen to any of the stories of kids drafted highly. The WANTED it. LT never wanted it that badly. He assumed it was going to be handed to him.

Using LT as an example - things were simpley too easy for him all through HS. He's an acknowledged "mama's boy" which didn't help either. Between his mother coming in to cry about his eating and Mario summoning the family in to light a fire under him, the handwriting was on the wall from the start....

I think Mario has been changing the mental make up of the locker room since he got to Miami. The "purging of the locker room " wasn't just about upgrading talent; it was about upgrading the mental make up , the inner drive and competitiveness too.
I think the combine was evident of that. These guys all testing nearly last for their position isn’t a coincidence.

Using LT as an example - things were simpley too easy for him all through HS. He's an acknowledged "mama's boy" which didn't help either. Between his mother coming in to cry about his eating and Mario summoning the family in to light a fire under him, the handwriting was on the wall from the start....

Espn pre season this past year had an article calling him the best DL before we played a game. I saw spurts of that but so inconsistent. A total head scratcher. Wish him the best. Hope he puts in the hard work necessary to show why he was so highly thought of in HS/ recruiting, and by sites like ESPN that thought he was a cant miss before last season.

How did a 5 star develop so POORLY that he went undrafted? We need some INTROSPECTION on this one
He was what he was. Imagine we weren’t battling Bama or uga for him we were battling Mullen and uf. Need I say more?

If the main DT schools (with proven evals) letting a 5 star walk without fighting they basically gifting him to you cause they already saw the film (5star or not) Then the nfl sees the cfb film and had the reaction I had when they saw him. My boy hit me up he’s a jet fan to ask about him, I said he’s finesse (pause) he’s not physical and can be bullied and pushed around. Quick but that won’t get you nowhere if you not violent enough. Didn’t he weigh 250 going into his sr year at Palmetto?

Last edited:
Advertisement
9 of which are TRANSFERS. Norvell got Travis who was *** in 2020 drafted. Give norvell credit TRANSFER STATE U is identifying dudes who love football and just need the chance at a BIG SCHOOL. He wouldn’t have recruited LT
Your POINT is well made. But are you FRAGGLE? What’s is up with all of the random CAPITALIZATION of words?

This happens to US more than anyone. Maybe we need to start selling kids on LA FAMILIA AND CHAMPIONSHIPS, not on draft picks. 2004 was 20 years ago. That’s how we ATTRACT these bums. Marketing strategies need REFRESHING.
No it doesn't. We just haven't signed that many top 100 players over the years. So when we sign one and he flops it's very noticeable.

Coming out of Palmetto HS everyone had him 1st round pick in a few years-

He never seemed to have the work ethic to take his game to another level-

He’s got another shot he has talent question is will he put in the work?

Only he knows.
5 star doesn’t take in heart and desire. We saw it the last 3 years. He would show a flash of a great play then take a quarter off. Give his god given talent and X or Ray Ray work ethic you get top 10 pick.

Advertisement
Coming out of Palmetto HS everyone had him 1st round pick in a few years-

He never seemed to have the work ethic to take his game to another level-

He’s got another shot he has talent question is will he put in the work?

Only he knows.
I’ve never heard anyone say he doesn’t or didn’t work hard. I hate when I see these type of posts about players basically being called lazy. It doesn’t always apply to every player who doesn’t make it or falls in a draft.

Advertisement
He was playing out of position for most of the season in the A gap and then kills his stock with an awful post draft process.

Wish nothing but the best for him and do think he’s got a chance as a PS guy.

I’ve never heard anyone say he doesn’t or didn’t work hard. I hate when I see these type of posts about players basically being called lazy. It doesn’t always apply to every player who doesn’t make it or falls in a draft.
There was talk that he could have worked harder-

Bottom line he has a shot to be an NFL player hopefully it works out.

Advertisement
Clearly you have never been to a military bootcamp. That will change people. Great coaches, great leaders DO change people. They call to greater causes and foster winning chemistry. Study really, really successful head coaches and you will see their impact on people's lives.
Ummmmmm....

Nah. Coming from someone who's been thru and completed basic training, not necessarily true, but i get what you're saying.
Basic never changed me, I just don't quit ****, and I wanted to, then mfers had me ****ed up. 🤷🏿‍♂️😂
But I'm still me, I'm just wise enough and have enough willpower to not want to quit.

Leonard Taylor screwed Leonard Taylor.

Just never put the work in to be great and didn't seemingly care. When he was supposed to finally peak, he had his worst season. Still, thought the flash plays would get him drafted, but he must have been really poor throughout the process. 2021 iDL recruits (his peer group) Maason Smith and Michael Hall Jr. were drafted in the 2nd round despite also having underwhelming careers. There is a reason why those players are drafted high and Leonard Taylor was just not.

Lol

He'll jet out the league in no time

@WaterburyCane
🤷🏿‍♂

Infomercial Smell GIF

Make sure you mention this incident in the confession booth to your priest.

Advertisement
Back