Left tackle

DMoney

D-Moni
Administrator
Interesting position battle.

Darling is probably better on the right. McDermott looked like the best option in spring but could be a monster inside. St. Louis just got here.

Best case scenario would be similar to FSU's last year. True freshman takes the job once he's ready, allowing you to shift your best OL to his money position.

Advertisement

Darling is probably better on the right. McDermott looked like the best option in spring but could be a monster inside. St. Louis just got here.

Best case scenario would be similar to FSU's last year. True freshman takes the job once he's ready, allowing you to shift your best OL to his money position.

Excluding those 3, I don't think there's a viable option at L. Tackle. But, at least they're still So. and Fr.

What bothers me is that we're not really bringing in a high-talented tackle in this years class. In-fact, we have 0 OL that are committed. Scary if a bunch of the 2015 OL transfer due to not playing (2012 Wrs and DBs), and then we are left with limited depth.

Kayaa might GAF because he'll most likely be the one carted off if we start a true freshman at LT.

Advertisement

Unless St. Louis shocks the Hurricane world (and he could!) McDermott is our LT for the foreseeable future. Ideally, McDermott and Darling are our guards, St. Louis and Gadbois are our T's.

Considering we might have a lineup like
LT Darling
LG McDermott
C Linder
RG Isadora
RT Gadbois(? If he plays)
Will be scary good...

Unless St. Louis shocks the Hurricane world (and he could!) McDermott is our LT for the foreseeable future. Ideally, McDermott and Darling are our guards, St. Louis and Gadbois are our T's.
Remember for the past couple of years Miami has always had a true freshman come in and play and earn tons of minutes in the games. Linder, Henderson, flowers, nick Linder, Trevor darling, Kc McDermott all earned starting minutes within the past 5 years in their freshman years

Advertisement

Remember for the past couple of years Miami has always had a true freshman come in and play and earn tons of minutes in the games. Linder, Henderson, flowers, nick Linder, Trevor darling, Kc McDermott all earned starting minutes within the past 5 years in their freshman years

Earning playing time and protecting Kaaya's blind side week in and week out are two different things. Look, I am a St.L fan! In time he will be the starting LT on this team. I just don't know if that time is right now.

Earning playing time and protecting Kaaya's blind side week in and week out are two different things. Look, I am a St.L fan! In time he will be the starting LT on this team. I just don't know if that time is right now.

All of the aforementioned named lineman stepped right in and was as good as advertised. Except outside of flowers, st Louis is very polished coming in and his game film is elite

Advertisement
Ya'll are forget about young mr. Bar Milo, that is a bad man in training that will be a helluva LT.

Go Canes

[HUDL]athlete/537677/highlights/161002376[/HUDL]

Last edited:
Ya'll are forget about young mr. Bar Milo, that is a bad man in training that will be a helluva LT.

Go Canes

So true! Duly noted. I forgot about Mr. Milo. I guess I always assumed he would slide to the right once he got here, but I guess he could contend for LT.

Advertisement
If we get healthy and STAY healthy then OL will be the least of our worries. I actually like the guys we have. Esp the guys coming in providing quality depth.

That's ballsy. D money just said best case this team goes undefeated into the playoff. Leeeeeeeggggggggoo

Advertisement
Back