Learning how to win is the first step in changing the culture.

My only issue was your team can't prepare for a team that decides at game that all three quarterbacks are starting and definitely not at the same time lmao.. but we still held it down and got the victory.. now nc state is different we will be ready. No bull**** gimmicks .. šŸ‘šŸ‘

Advertisement
Donā€™t believe a word of it. Trust your eyes people. My eyes tell me that this head coach is incapable of preparing his team to play football on a consistent basis. Canā€™t get his team to play competitively in bowl games against inferior opponents after having weeks to prepare. Incapable of preparing for teams after having a bye week. Incapable of making second half adjustments. Incapable of holding your players to account and having them understand that there are consequences to your actions. Stupid penalty, you sit. Take a play off, you sit. nope, our coach just looks away and does nothing. Cares more about dancing with players. Treats his players like battered children by coddling them. Heā€™s been given everything on silver platter growing up. His inability to handle criticism, harshness is what he projects onto the players. Itā€™s pathological really. Heā€™s not the guy. Heā€™s never been the guy. No amount of sugar coating or spin will change that.
Yeah! But he is 5-1 no matter how you slice it or put it. Culture isn't gonna change til manuel changes what he is doing bcuz he been here f4 5yrs, 3 with richt and these last 2 as coach. Im really starting to think that 16,17 and 18 classes is da culture problem.

Advertisement
Legit one of the top 3 worst.

the biggest issue is this fanbase lives in the hammer pants era. they have to accept that this team and program will not be bama in terms of year in year out CFP contenders. it will take a special QB and once every few years team that will truly contend for a title at our peak. we also aren't gonna hit on every local kid bc everyone recruits them now

Winning close games against better opponents is a case for optimism struggling with teams who dont even have a Qb, F outa here with that bull$h!t. How many years of it do u people need to realize struggling with bad teams just mean you are bad?

Advertisement
I donā€™t care if we win every game with a last second 2 point conversion. We need wins to bring in better players.

Think this class would be what it is if we went 4-6?
Not necessarily. The type we're trying to bring in want to see development. They're alpha dogs wanting to prepare for playing on Sundays. If they see us playing like crap, eking out wins against over matched teams, they'll start looking at programs that have a clue. They won't be bought off with trinkets and trash or any other hardware we display on the sidelines.

Last edited:
Not necessarily. The type we're trying to bring in want to see development. They're alpha dogs wanting to prepare for playing on Sundays. If they see us playing like crap, eking out wins against over matched teams, they'll start looking at problems that have a clue. They won't be bought off with trinkets and trash or any other hardware we display on the sidelines.

lol you finish 10-2 theyre coming and more will follow. no one will jump on board for a team that finishes 6-5 but won all 6 by 40 points and 5 losses by 1 point. at the end of the day, the only selling point is W-L. no one remembers a 5 point win against UVA. they just see a W or L. you guys have to stop over analyzing it in terms of recruiting. they see a team that needs help and has a coach who just won 10 games if we win 10 this year. thats what sells. nothing else matters

lol you finish 10-2 theyre coming and more will follow. no one will jump on board for a team that finishes 6-5 but won all 6 by 40 points and 5 losses by 1 point. at the end of the day, the only selling point is W-L. no one remembers a 5 point win against UVA. they just see a W or L. you guys have to stop over analyzing it in terms of recruiting. they see a team that needs help and has a coach who just won 10 games if we win 10 this year. thats what sells. nothing else matters
We shall see.

They want to be developed. They want to play for a championship. It's like Jeudy said after his visit here and his announcement for Bama "he wants to play with savages".

Do you think we're trending there?

Advertisement
This Miami team is something that many of us here was expecting to be but their not.. Meaning we expected a team that would show more because we have a lot of veterans on this team, but I get it this Miami team is not on the elite level yet.. BUT they should be producing better WINS... OUR offense is once again being hold back because of poor OL production and a on and off WR group (who tends to drop too many passes)
HONESTLY on defense it's not pretty but that group is holding their own even against Clemson IF the offense could've mounted some drives and came away with points it would've been a different game.. We all know how the Clemson game went but besides Louisville the D has only given up 2 TDs every other game, SO if the offense produces like most expect every game (except the 2) should be BLOW OUTS..
NOW the Clemson comparisons... That needs to stop, Miami is at least 2 elite classes away at the least!! I do think Miami should be able to perform better in these type of games, but TL and TE are super elite and they are a handful to stop.. BUT MIAMI can give a much better showing!!!
My conclusion is simple, Miami have a bye week NOW this staff has to map up a new look RPO offense.. I'm not a fan of the run game in this system we need to run more stretch plays (look at how Louisville makes it work) and lets add a RB screen with this RPO.. BASICALLY THIS OFFENSE NEEDS TO ADD MORE TO IT!! AND Lashlee needs to stick to what's working EX: In the UVA game the first drive we throw 2 quick passes and scored THEN all of a sudden he wants to get the run going, NO NO NO throw those quick passes til they prove they can stop it.. Our TEs is the and SHOULD be our main option early in games, get them going then make teams adjust to stop them THEN we start opening up the pass game and switch it up.. BUT THE PASSING GAME IS WHAT MAKES THIS OFFENSE GO.. As for Defense, I can't LIE they have been holding their own, IT'S NOT PRETTY BUT IT'S WORKING..

We shall see.

They want to be developed. They want to play for a championship. It's like Jeudy said after his visit here and his announcement for Bama "he wants to play with savages".

I FEEL YOU.. And I get where you're going with it.. And it's true!! But the common denominator in Miami is ED REED, IF Miami holds it end of the stick (and WIN), we will get the studs locally to buy in because the Elephant in the room is ER.. These kids see the WINS and say "Miami is winning again and Ed Reed is there too" Dude is right WINS/LOSES are the only thing these kids see with Ed Reed!! And what's crazy and has been crazy for a while, is player's like Jerry Jeudy could've built this program back up because he could've got other top local guys to come to Miami but like always they don't want to help build they just want to tag along!! "Trust me Ed Reed is telling these recruits now, come and stay home and build your hometeam back up and of course ED REED saying it sounds better to these recruits compared to others who once recruited here"

We are three years removed from our last winning season ( Even characterizing that as winning is a stretch).

From that team I believe only Donaldson, Gaynor, Carter and Mccloud, who actually saw playing time, are still here. Since then we have been plagued by immaturity and complacency. Our players have been a part of a losing culture. They were more concerned with partying and social media than honing their craft. The coaches are just as culpuble, it is they who created the lax conditions that nurtured this entitlement.

I understand why Manny celebrated Saturday. At first it ****ed me off, but after allowing myself time to reflect....this is the same team that finished last season 6-7, Losing to Gtech and FIU.

Getting rid of the stink that was last 3 seasons will take more than opening a few windows and letting fresh air in (new talent, new offensive scheme, better coaches). They have to learn to win, like a baby learning how to walk. There will be times they fall down but they have to continue to get up, to fight through the obstacles. You can tell these boys are at the proverbial wall. Their bodies are sore and hurt, but they are still trying without quit. These last two games, for as bad as we have played, I still see what we can become if they are able to push through it. The great teams do it every year, because they understand what it takes to be great; it's learned behavior. We are on the path to learning how to win.

We are 5-1, the last three games have exposed some things that need to be addressed by both the players and staff. I am encouraged by their progress and resiliency, but more importantly their drive to win. We have 5 games left in our season. Let's see how much these boys want it, because the opportunity to do something special in 2020 is there if they continue to fight for it.
They hit the wall after the 5th game with a bye week before the 4th game?

I would normally agree that you ā€œhave to learn to win firstā€....but when you win sloppy and undisciplined, your learning bad habits unless the coaches grill your *** and teach you how to win leaving it all out there.

Advertisement
We shall see.

hate to tell this to you, but if a kid is deciding between Bama and UM, 9/10 times hes going to bama. nothing will change that unless saban retires and they fall off. i dotn think well ever be bama anyways

U just have to have more points than the other team it's not rocket science. If we had zero wins for two years then yes getting that one out the way is good. Get the star players then win with star player....easy.
They know how to win when the get out of the locker room they didn't learn that yesterday.

Advertisement
Back