LB Waynmon Steed goes 4.65 at college camp!!!

Great to hear about the type of relationship Steed is building with the staff. I love this kid's game. If we only take 2 LB's this year, Steed and Wilder should be the 2. Just think of the quality we have been getting at LB. Quarterman, Pinckney and McCloud followed by Steed and possibly Wilder. Now that is a UM LB corps!

I really like Miller's film. I don't see how anyone passes on a kid that has film like that. He is a true thumper and that is terrifying for opposing RB's.

Agreed. Can't understand this one for the life of me. This guy could be a top overall player on someone's board. There must be something we are missing about his recruitment. That said, I expect clarity once the season starts and we see the product on the field. As far as the season, the floor is 9 and ceiling is winning 11 games. I think going on the road to ND will be a tough one but we should be favored in every other game with the talent and coaching to deliver. Anything less than ACCCG is a failure.

Advertisement
Just to clear up some things on Waynmon's speed, I thought I would share with you guys his measurements and 40 at the college camp he attended yesterday. He is on tour with his high school so ya'll cut the kid some slack lol!!!

Height: 6'0.5"
Weight: 220
Forty: 4.65
Broad: 8'10"

View attachment 36527

I never doubted the kid. Only that I never saw film because I understand he was injured. I figured he was **** good if this staff never wavered on his commitment with them taking only 2 LB's in this class. It will be important for him show out after missing last season.

Just to clear up some things on Waynmon's speed, I thought I would share with you guys his measurements and 40 at the college camp he attended yesterday. He is on tour with his high school so ya'll cut the kid some slack lol!!!

View attachment 36527

I never doubted the kid. Only that I never saw film because I understand he was injured. I figured he was **** good if this staff never wavered on his commitment with them taking only 2 LB's in this class. It will be important for him show out after missing last season.

Not a problem, and I'm sure he will be dropped for better talent if he doesn't. Being that I played both high school and college football, one thing I have learned is there are no flukes and film doesn't lie. The things he did on the field his sophomore season was not by chance, you don't luck up on serveral occasions to be in perfect position to make plays and also execute the finish. It takes anticipation, quick feet and having that dog mentality is a huge plus. I have watched my son since his days with the Bunche Park Cowboys 70 lb team. He has always dominated at every level and my only concern this year was his weight which he got under control this spring. Any student of the game can watch the film and see exactly what I am talking about. Any player that can run with nice size can speed rush the passer almost every down, but what you will see in Steed's sophomore film is the ability to diagnose quickly, shed would be blockers, get to the ball carrier, defend the pass, accelerate to the ball, and lastly make the play!!! Get your popcorn ready, and I will be the first to ask you "Are You Not Entertained???"

The 40 time is good. I'd like to see him put on about 30 lbs and keep the time within a couple tenths of a second.

The 40 time is good. I'd like to see him put on about 30 lbs and keep the time within a couple tenths of a second.

You want him to plays at 250 lbs at LB?? Have you watched football the last 5-6 years?? 250 lbs linebackers are being faded out...2nd dumb post on the day for you.

Advertisement
Yep. Just a matter of time before this poster is a member of the "band"....

You want him to plays at 250 lbs at LB?? Have you watched football the last 5-6 years?? 250 lbs linebackers are being faded out...2nd dumb post on the day for you.

Great to hear about the type of relationship Steed is building with the staff. I love this kid's game. If we only take 2 LB's this year, Steed and Wilder should be the 2. Just think of the quality we have been getting at LB. Quarterman, Pinckney and McCloud followed by Steed and possibly Wilder. Now that is a UM LB corps!

I really like Miller's film. I don't see how anyone passes on a kid that has film like that. He is a true thumper and that is terrifying for opposing RB's.

I love Miller's film as well but I was under the impression the staff had moved on. Stead, Wilder and Miller would be the ideal LB class.

Fwiw, Steed met with coach Richt and coach Diaz last Wednesday and he said it was all love. He was able to watch practice and sit in the meeting room with the LB's. He got a chance to witness first hand the LB group and evaluate their talent level. He said that Grace, Shaq, and Pickney all stood out to him. If all goes well with virtual school that he is now enrolled in, he will be graduating in December and enrolling into college in January. Myself on the other hand, I'm growing quite fond of coach Richt and his staff. I have not met them yet but I have talked to coach Diaz via telephone conversation. Every interview I watch of coach Richt, I get the feeling of the old UM mentality. He keeps it real about recruiting, and I like that they are very selective about who they make offers to. I definitely think they can go undefeated or maybe lose one because that Dalvin Cook game can go either way every year regardless of talent level. Winning makes recruiting a lot easier especially if it's Miami that comes for you!!!

UM's recruiting some great LB dads too. First we got Shaq Sr. now this champion.

Advertisement

It's a bad Folden schtick account. Don't let him drag the thread down. He was banned and for some reason re-instated.

Excellent response! Loved the Bunche Park Cowboys comment! Hey, that's where it all starts.

View attachment 36527

I never doubted the kid. Only that I never saw film because I understand he was injured. I figured he was **** good if this staff never wavered on his commitment with them
taking only 2 LB's in this class. It will be important for him show out after missing last season.

Not a problem, and I'm sure he will be dropped for better talent if he doesn't. Being that I played both high school and college football, one thing I have learned is there are no flukes and film doesn't lie. The things he did on the field his sophomore season was not by chance, you don't luck up on serveral occasions to be in perfect position to make plays and also execute the finish. It takes anticipation, quick feet and having that dog mentality is a huge plus. I have watched my son since his days with the Bunche Park Cowboys 70 lb team. He has always dominated at every level and my only concern this year was his weight which he got under control this spring. Any student of the game can watch the film and see exactly what I am talking about. Any player that can run with nice size can speed rush the passer almost every down, but what you will see in Steed's sophomore film is the ability to diagnose quickly, shed would be blockers, get to the ball carrier, defend the pass, accelerate to the ball, and lastly make the play!!! Get your popcorn ready, and I will be the first to ask you "Are You Not Entertained???"

It's a bad Folden schtick account. Don't let him drag the thread down. He was banned and for some reason re-instated.

You must have me confused with somebody else.

Advertisement
Wanting him to play at 250 and expecting him to be within a couple tents. Lol. These 2 statements are idiotic. 1st wanting him to gain 30 lbs and 2nd going from a 4.65 to a 4.9 is everything. A "couple tenths" is a huge difference when discussing speed.

Wanting him to play at 250 and expecting him to be within a couple tents. Lol. These 2 statements are idiotic. 1st wanting him to gain 30 lbs and 2nd going from a 4.65 to a 4.9 is everything. A "couple tenths" is a huge difference when discussing speed.

You call yourself a veteran, and you're getting sucked into a beef with a guy doing Al Folden schtick? Come on, man.

Advertisement

You call yourself a veteran, and you're getting sucked into a beef with a guy doing Al Folden schtick? Come on, man.

We shall act with good intentions, but at times we will be wrong. When we are, let us admit it and try to right the situation.

Advertisement
Back