LB Waynmon Steed goes 4.65 at college camp!!!

waynejr31

Freshman
Just to clear up some things on Waynmon's speed, I thought I would share with you guys his measurements and 40 at the college camp he attended yesterday. He is on tour with his high school so ya'll cut the kid some slack lol!!!

Height: 6'0.5"
Weight: 220
Forty: 4.65
Broad: 8'10"

IMG_2188.JPG

Advertisement
It's all good Pop Steed. Glad your son is committed and loyal. Definitely see a bump in his ratings this season. 4* caliber kid.

Advertisement
I have said a few times in other posts regarding the LB recruits. Steed is the must. He has the most complete game. I hope we take Steed, Wilder & Miller. Steed is the best of the 3. Great instincts, great angles, gets off blocks and his tackling fundamentals are near perfect. He squares to the LOS, wraps and drives through the point of attack. No BS kill shot attempt. Steed makes tackles. My $0.02.

Go Canes!

Fwiw, Steed met with coach Richt and coach Diaz last Wednesday and he said it was all love. He was able to watch practice and sit in the meeting room with the LB's. He got a chance to witness first hand the LB group and evaluate their talent level. He said that Grace, Shaq, and Pickney all stood out to him. If all goes well with virtual school that he is now enrolled in, he will be graduating in December and enrolling into college in January. Myself on the other hand, I'm growing quite fond of coach Richt and his staff. I have not met them yet but I have talked to coach Diaz via telephone conversation. Every interview I watch of coach Richt, I get the feeling of the old UM mentality. He keeps it real about recruiting, and I like that they are very selective about who they make offers to. I definitely think they can go undefeated or maybe lose one because that Dalvin Cook game can go either way every year regardless of talent level. Winning makes recruiting a lot easier especially if it's Miami that comes for you!!!

Last edited:
[MENTION=10316]waynejr31[/MENTION] Thanks for sharing the update on young Steed. We all look toward to seeing him in the orange and green next year. There are helluva a lot of posters who enjoy the insight you share.

Go Canes

Fwiw, Steed met with coach Richt and coach Diaz last Wednesday and he said it was all love. He was able to watch practice and sit in the meeting room with the LB's. He got a chance to witness first hand the LB group and evaluate their talent level. He said that Grace, Shaq, and Pickney all stood out to him. If all goes well with virtual school that he is now enrolled in, he will be graduating in December and enrolling into college in January. Myself on the other hand, I'm growing quite fond of coach Richt and his staff. I have not met them yet but I have talked to coach Diaz via telephone conversation. Every interview I watch of coach Richt, I get the feeling of the old UM mentality. He keeps it real about recruiting, and I like that they are very selective about who they make offers to. I definitely think they can go undefeated or maybe lose one because that Dalvin Cook game can go either way every year regardless of talent level. Winning makes recruiting a lot easier especially if it's Miami that comes for you!!!

Thanks for the info!

Wayne is my favorite LB for the class of 2017. Kid has a chance to be another one in the long line of greats at the U. Can't wait to see him repping the 305 in the Orange and Green!

Advertisement
Just to clear up some things on Waynmon's speed, I thought I would share with you guys his measurements and 40 at the college camp he attended yesterday. He is on tour with his high school so ya'll cut the kid some slack lol!!!

Height: 6'0.5"
Weight: 220
Forty: 4.65

Broad: 8'10"

View attachment 36527

He has always been one of my fav recruits! Seems to love Miami which I absolutely love. Tell him to keep it up we are all rooting for him!

Have the staff talk with you or waynmon about their plans for him in the future? is he going to play the Grace WLB/S hybrid type spot or one of the more traditional LB spots? also what kind of weight do they want him to be at?

Have the staff talk with you or waynmon about their plans for him in the future? is he going to play the Grace WLB/S hybrid type spot or one of the more traditional LB spots? also what kind of weight do they want him to be at?

He will play both weak side and middle backer. He plays both positions in Central's defense now which is similar to what UM runs so it will be a smooth transition.

Good stuff papa Steed. Can't wait to see your son don the orange and green.

Whats the word on Donaldson? He still solid with us?

Advertisement
Good stuff papa Steed. Can't wait to see your son don the orange and green.

Whats the word on Donaldson? He still solid with us?

If Donaldson is not solid with UM that would be news to me. Him and coach Richt have had a great relationship since UGA which was his second offer after UM I believe. So in my opinion if Richt continues to recruit him then he sticks.

Steed is ready for the big league. Richt and the gang are going to build a powerhouse.....In the words of Bart Scott "Cant wait!!"

Advertisement
Great to hear about the type of relationship Steed is building with the staff. I love this kid's game. If we only take 2 LB's this year, Steed and Wilder should be the 2. Just think of the quality we have been getting at LB. Quarterman, Pinckney and McCloud followed by Steed and possibly Wilder. Now that is a UM LB corps!

Great to hear about the type of relationship Steed is building with the staff. I love this kid's game. If we only take 2 LB's this year, Steed and Wilder should be the 2. Just think of the quality we have been getting at LB. Quarterman, Pinckney and McCloud followed by Steed and possibly Wilder. Now that is a UM LB corps!

I really like Miller's film. I don't see how anyone passes on a kid that has film like that. He is a true thumper and that is terrifying for opposing RB's.

Congratulations to your son, Poppa Steed. Can't wait to see him in Orange and Green in 6-7 months.

I really like Miller's film. I don't see how anyone passes on a kid that has film like that. He is a true thumper and that is terrifying for opposing RB's.
Agree 1000%

Sent from my SM-N910T using Tapatalk

Advertisement
Back