LB Reggie Northrup

decleated

Enabler
Administrator
Latest update doesn't sound good..
Might lose him to FSU and he is showing interest..

========== Encrypted with Encrypt Easy Text Encryption ==========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=========== More info at http://www.encrypt-easy.com ============

Last edited:
Advertisement
http://canesinsight.com/profile.php?do=addlist&userlist=ignore&u=58-decleated

Might lose him to FSU and he is showing interest..

========== Encrypted with Encrypt Easy Text Encryption ==========
2hpPp1uI0OqY6HUWiEBoHOjvOEvCwMXaEa6KCZZUaDunkOAjsr Vntpo1w+3h/MdWa
yfGoZQqwExcYKqF0EHd5yeCFAA+3zCsTMroppW17pn4M5DoM3g HZ/aN2WNHqRqoBD
4WMLr2I8S0qTv6n/WWr77oTTUzlykRao5rVQm/yXYe42VbszJLtkc3Tdvp0veRhfb
tf4s8940o58DFh+jEgeIR1Qdh7VB3iKvTgtb+FgvhWjeah73zZ xkfo9s3OxoQB3yn
7IfMrT0WreK55xVHZ5FNNIPqxI9rhj4UYLOFZqRbKJ/MCLtDt4ZUyWfsSBP4iZV2D
nexo4YROXGErTNvss/ny38YoVqOLHcc0HExx198EfI2xZGwCv+KSxeaYWTfM1WlWh
ImRqjZJFbotKpXiD7LaS01YUOZonGiBYkIL0aL23kgX8MS0xiw r4wwNp3ZdbctBiv
ZjZTZGvKpwYiJOvaiKOUPXEVylxc5KW9nNl102C/q6snM/77roVz9EJhLve7QfHmd
38EwsyTujWmWoNnvFvJdgdsHJW3CvgoHvGzer87dkxvSwwCQdC JBwOzZ5Aye4sviU
5P1R46OnsRy5nwAX2vTrorQ3QBXAzzdB26PEGy0zziHfys2NAZ fPy283mAasxKxnw
9SbIYq9+2tK8mRjZxxkdqkM5cJ5yjh2lDFghegoywlRmT47XPw hrwD==
=========== More info at http://www.encrypt-easy.com ============

[/QUOTE=decleated;169221]

You never want to lose quality kids that is for sure. Ofcourse for us who have been following recruiting for some time we know it is a part of the cycle. How do you balance rationalize or justify the situation? It's tough bc the kids are the lifeline of the program. But you have to adjust. Now what hurts in this case the most to me is he is a talented ee. Not just a talent! So losing the ee, and a good ee will be tough to replace at this point. But not only must golden recruit well, he must develop kids. If we are going to improve upon mediocre he is going to need to develop kids randy recruited, reaches he has taken, and the studs he has gotten along with everyone else he's taken.

Eh losing kids is tough but it isn't last minute and I believe golden has the structure in place to find a solution. By the way, I think linebacker is a bit of an easier position to recruit unless you are randy shannon.

Would suck to.lose him, but I definitely see the staff having a plan b ready in case.

Advertisement
Also the coaches are a bit upset about him not enrolling early and he also wants to announce his decision on signing day...What I don't understand is if your committed to Miami why wait till signing day to make the decision of whether your staying at Miami or going somewhere else

Also the coaches are a bit upset about him not enrolling early and he also wants to announce his decision on signing day...What I don't understand is if your committed to Miami why wait till signing day to make the decision of whether your staying at Miami or going somewhere else

Bcuz Ol Urban making him an offer he cant refuse

Was he originally supposed to be an EE?

If so, it's not normally a good sign when an EE commit decides to change that and wait til signing day.

Advertisement
I said it a few months ago when he first said he wasn't going to enroll early. That ain't a good sign. Couple that with the fact he says other schools are coming at him hard...ehhhh.

I'd like to think this is all just talk before signing day, but these things rarely bode well. We'll see though.

sounds like our coaches have already moved on. Smart decision because this guy is definitely going to burn us on nsd.

This is an example of when the whole commitment shenanigans should be dropped. Why even put him up with this BS? Why don't these recruiting services just do a prediction system? In other words, a guy is 99/100 that he's going to X school. Or, he's 50/50....or 60/40 but that could change to 40/30/30 between 3 schools next week. There is no such thing a "soft" commitment. You're either in or you're out. It's oxymoron to say you're a soft commitment and/or I'm making my decision on national signing day despite already being committed.

Because if he decommits and decides he does want to come to Miami, chances are it will be harder for him to regain his scholarship offer. If he doesn't decommit and chooses another school on signing day, he has hedged his bets and at worst, looks bad to the school he was committed to.

When he says it is a business decision, that is what I take from it. I would do the same if I were him.

You ever heard the saying a bird in the hand is better than two in the bush. Well in Reggie's case he has in bird in hand and is still going after the two in the bush.

Have ZERO insider information, but all signs point to him committing elsewhere, especially with this line

"Hasn't thought about decommitting but if he does says it's a business Miami would find somebody else if they needed to.."

Advertisement
Kids gone. Sucks, because like him a lot as a prospect. But it is what it is.

Yep. Real bummer. Love Witt & Kirby but the LB class could've been an A++ and now is looking more like a B. I did like the kid from Bradenton whose highlights are floating around, but Northrup had the potential to be special.

****, hate to lose a guy like this. I wish I could get myself to stop following recruiting, tired of letting some 18 year old kids decision affect my mood

Advertisement
I don't think he's gone yet. If its one thing that Golden has shown, its he sticks like glue to kids he wants. Golden is all over a bunch of committed kids so if the staff still wants Northrup badly, I think there is a decent chance he's still in this class.

I really want him here because I think he's a beast. Add him to Kirby, Witt, and Terry and that is a nice haul at LB. Regardless I'm sure Golden has a back up plan if Northrup bolts and will still end up with a good group (I love Kirby and Witt).

Golden is all over him. Heard Golden laid the pipe on his old girl and even stayed the night and then cooked some bisquick in the morning butt *** neaked baby boy style

Advertisement
Back