LB Moore Would Listen To Miami

View as article

Peter Ariz

All American
Premium
2013 LB Skai Moore (University School) was a well-known recruit before the season started, but his personal success and the team's success has really made him a big-time recruit.

"I was working with my linebacker coach, Coach Johnson in the offseason to get stronger and improve my footwork. I also focused on my pre-play read so I could make some more plays."

With more than half of his team's season complete, Moore's stock has risen through the roof, as the Ohio State Buckeyes offered him last week.

"I'm taking the recruiting process pretty slow. I'm just trying to take all my visits and see whatever school is best for me, but it's definitely been a change with recruiting for me."

What schools are sticking out to Moore at the moment?

"Rutgers, Vanderbilt, and Ohio State are the three I've kinda narrowed it down to. I was up at Vandy last weekend at it was a great trip. I got to see a lot that I hadn't seen in the summer during my first visit there and I was just hanging out with the coaches and players so it was a great overall trip."

The University of Miami is in need for linebackers for the 2013 class, but the coaches haven't reached out to Moore. Would the senior be willing to listen if the 'Canes came calling?

"Yeah, I'd definitely be interested in them. I thought I was going to get offered by them after the camp MVP performance, but I haven't really heard from them since then."

Moore has had his eye on Miami since he was young and that interest has carried on to now.

"It's the hometown team and I've loved them my whole life. The tradition that they have with winning and how they're trying to rebuild is something I like. I think I'd fit in there."

Advertisement
2nd time I've seen more play live this year (3rd overall-ESPN game), and he absolutely needs an offer. When I saw him against Chaminade, he was the best player on the field. He was hitting viciously in that game, all over the field, and blocked a punt. Today, he had 2 INTs within 5 minutes apart of each other and he was laying wood all game. He had at least 4-5 TFL as well. Just an absolute stud...it would be a shame if he gets away

So Wilson, Moore, Bain, Cunningham are all at University School. At the moment it doesn't seem like we are recruiting any of them very hard, if at all

I'll echo Pete's comments.

I understand the physical gifts and high ceilings that can make college coaches drool, but I'm a firm believer that at the high school level the elite players make plays and dominate games. Whether its gore and Vilma, Sean T, Roscoe, or Rolle, anyone with half a brain watched those guys games and said man, that number so-and-so was all over the place today.

Moore stands out, and is a player. Yes, he's got skinny legs, but he makes plays.

Meanwhile Wilson is the prettiest guy in pads.... But you leave without ever seeing him do a thing.

Yes, he plays corner and isn't challenged by teams like Westminster, but the great ones find a way to make an impact.

Just my opinion. Irvin's short, Skais got skinny legs, but I'd take them both.

Then there's the guys like Scarlett, who look the part and play it, even when they're not 100%.

Advertisement

I understand the physical gifts and high ceilings that can make college coaches drool, but I'm a firm believer that at the high school level the elite players make plays and dominate games. Whether its gore and Vilma, Sean T, Roscoe, or Rolle, anyone with half a brain watched those guys games and said man, that number so-and-so was all over the place today.

Moore stands out, and is a player. Yes, he's got skinny legs, but he makes plays.

Meanwhile Wilson is the prettiest guy in pads.... But you leave without ever seeing him do a thing.

Yes, he plays corner and isn't challenged by teams like Westminster, but the great ones find a way to make an impact.

Then there's the guys like Scarlett, who look the part and play it, even when they're not 100%.

Not to be confrontational, but by that criteria, we wouldn't recruit Artie Burns

Artie makes an impact on games in a big way

Advertisement
kid needs an offer. Been to two university games and he has been a standout at both. Even thought he doesnt have the weight now it doesnt seem like it would be hard for him to fill out in a college program, he has good height on him and he just makes plays. Would love to get him to tag team with Matt. Really makes you shake your head when guys like cornelious can play for golden but a kid like this doesnt have a offer...

We need to make this happen

Other thing too is we have a nice group of young LBs. We don't need a kid like Moore to come in and play immediately like we are asking the guys we have now.

Kid makes plays. We badly need that across the board.

Is there any chance this kid can play safety? We are in desperate need at safety, with the JAGs we have now, and Jenkins not proving anything yet. Carter appears the only surefire safety prospect and we should ideally get 2 more to give us 3 for this year and 7 on the roster. Burns has been talked about as a CB prospect (we could actually use one with only 6 coming back) and AJL has been mentioned as a WR only.

Advertisement
Is there any chance this kid can play safety? We are in desperate need at safety, with the JAGs we have now, and Jenkins not proving anything yet. Carter appears the only surefire safety prospect and we should ideally get 2 more to give us 3 for this year and 7 on the roster. Burns has been talked about as a CB prospect (we could actually use one with only 6 coming back) and AJL has been mentioned as a WR only.

I'm not really a big fan of that.

He would be a slow-footed Safety.

Advertisement
There was one play today that sums up Jordan Cunningham's game. He ran a quick slant, made a nice play on a ball that was thrown a little high, had 5 yards on the entire defense and should have scored, but the Westminster corner from the opposite side of the field ran him down from behind and it was about a 20-yard gain.

He is a really good receiver with great hands, body control, and route running skills, but doesn't show enough explosiveness IMO. He will a productive college receiver (would fit in great at Oklahoma State, who is recruiting him), but the talent down here at WR the next couple years in addition to what they brought in last year does not help his case for a Miami offer.

Not to be confrontational, but by that criteria, we wouldn't recruit Artie Burns

Artie makes an impact on games in a big way

If he takes away the opponents top receiver and the other team doesn't throw at him...how is that different than what Quincy does?

I'm not taking a shot at Quincy whatsoever. I think Quincy needs an offer right now and idk what the hold up is with that.

I just don't know what you're trying to say about Artie not making an impact on games? He has balled out every time I see him. Huge hitter, good in run support and is the man on special teams. He will be a ST monster from day 1. Every time I see him, he's busting off long returns and blocking punts/kicks.

Any updated film of Moore? Hard to argue with the poster who said boot Cornileus and Gaines off the team to make room. The same can be applied to Cunningham as well, as he's a better version of Waters imo, and Waters is far from the worst WR we have on the team.

Advertisement
Back