LB Francisco Mauigoa picks Miami!

He played OL at WSU before Francisco. Believe he graduated in 2020

Gotcha.

He played four seasons at WSU and has been out of the game for two seasons now. Im not seeing a path for him besides maybe a grad assistant role under Mirabel.

From his Washington State University profile:

SENIOR (2019): Named to Polynesian College Player of the Year Watch List, Rimington Trophy Watch List and Wuerffel Trophy Watch List…started all 13 games at center…rated the 2nd-best screen-blocking center in the Pac-12 Conference…rated Pac-12’s 3rd-best overall center grade in win over Colorado…earned WSU BONE AWARD following win over Stanford, did not allow a pressure while playing 66 pass-block snaps…selected to play in the Hawaii Tiki Hula Bowl, East-West Shrine Game and NFLPA Bowl.

JUNIOR (2018): Named All-Pac-12 Conference honorable mention…named to Rimington Trophy Watch List (top collegiate center) and Polynesian College Player of the Year Watch List…started all 13 games at center…earned “Bone Award” given to WSU’s Offensive Lineman of the Week following the Eastern Washington game.

SOPHOMORE (2017): Started all 13 games at center…first career start was season-opener against Montana State.

FRESHMAN (2016): Appeared in four games, making collegiate debut against Idaho…also played in wins at Arizona State and over Arizona…appeared against Minnesota in the Holiday Bowl

Advertisement
I actually went onto YouTube to watch a couple WSU games to see how the kid played. My takeaway is he's raw but has a lot of skills. Not a strong diagnostic player (no Perryman), but much more agile than I expected for a guy with his size. Obviously will be good against the run. But he can actually cover in the box. Great burst and closing speed when pass rushing.

I would love the pickup. He could be special with a year or two under Charlie Strong to be coached up. But eyes wide open that he's going to be learning on the job.

That’s fine, so is his head coach.

You have gotten so negative lately, Inday. I guess I just fundamentally disagree with the position of a large group of CIS posters that Mario was ill prepared. He's made several mistakes, and I'm super disappointed in the way the season turned out. But it's one thing to make mistakes because you misjudged your staff and players, it's another thing entirely to make mistakes because you don't know what you're doing. IMHO, Randy, Al and Manny fall into the "don't know what you're doing" category. But I think Mario knows what he's doing and will right the ship quickly.

I'm still all aboard the Mario train. And I truly hope Kevin Steele and Charlie Strong stay with the team, as well. I believe that's the right coaching nucleus for a championship team. Then we just need an OC and constant focus on recruiting and development.

Advertisement
Advertisement
I’ve heard the same applies to pitchers who are also catchers…..

not that there's anything wrong with that seinfeld GIF by myLAB Box's anything wrong with that seinfeld GIF by myLAB Box
Jeeeezus Christ

It blows my mind all the crystal balls for him to Miami aren’t in yet
100000% obvious esp after that commit video lil bro made talking about family
Might as just pencil him in as a starting lb

Advertisement
how refreshing that 75% of our entire defensive starting lineup is going to be different. this dude definitely will be starting next year for us

add in a justin flowe, bissainthe, malik bryant, chase smith, etc. and our overall lb room is looking way different and (hopefully) way better

how refreshing that 75% of our entire defensive starting lineup is going to be different. this dude definitely will be starting next year for us

add in a justin flowe, bissainthe, malik bryant, chase smith, etc. and our overall lb room is looking way different and (hopefully) way better
If flowe actually did come here
If he could stay healthy
This guy and flow would be the best lb tandem I’m the acc
We would finally look like a fast attacking group

Advertisement
If flowe actually did come here
If he could stay healthy
This guy and flow would be the best lb tandem I’m the acc
We would finally look like a fast attacking group

Bissainthe and C Smith will have something to say about that. But I agree it would be an awesome lineup that I would write in as an "or", "or", "or" on the weekly depth chart.

Advertisement
Back