LB Depth

ball915

All-American
Was already non existent before the season started. Losing Owens now is a massive blow to us and feel awful for Darrion. Have always liked his game and thought this was his year. However, expect to hear Al talk about this relentlessly and remind us how big of a loss this is while using our "limited spots" from the cloud as a reason we are thin there. Not only do we lack the bodies there but there is always a significant drop off in talent from starters to reserves. On a positive note, it gives someone an opportunity to step up and thankfully as of now we have a great LB class coming in next year.

Advertisement
They need to move Carter to LB. He'll be good in coverage(for an LB)and he knows how to come up and stop the run.

So it looks like we'll be seeing James King, McCray, and Gondonier at least in on a few snaps to see who can fill in on the 2 deep. Wow, that's bad. Is Juwon Young done for the season, cause we need him.

So it looks like we'll be seeing James King, McCray, and Gondonier at least in on a few snaps to see who can fill in on the 2 deep. Wow, that's bad. Is Juwon Young done for the season, cause we need him.

Young is not out for the season. Last I heard he was really struggling to pick up the defense and was not expected to be a factor at all this year.

Young is not out for the season. Last I heard he was really struggling to pick up the defense and was not expected to be a factor at all this year.

Advertisement
Young was supposed to miss the first two games so the timing is good in a sense but still....

" this is the most depth we have had since I have been here " - Al Golden
Take the excuses back to jersey

Advertisement
Owens is a 3-4 Outside Linebacker (4-3 Defensive End) anyway, isn't he?

If we stay in the 4-3 then his loss doesn't hurt us at all. He plays DE in the 4-3 and we're pretty good there.

I'm more worried about the fact that Kirby is starting. He's baaaaaaad.

Was already non existent before the season started. Losing Owens now is a massive blow to us and feel awful for Darrion. Have always liked his game and thought this was his year. However, expect to hear Al talk about this relentlessly and remind us how big of a loss this is while using our "limited spots" from the cloud as a reason we are thin there. Not only do we lack the bodies there but there is always a significant drop off in talent from starters to reserves. On a positive note, it gives someone an opportunity to step up and thankfully as of now we have a great LB class coming in next year.

They need to change philosophy on d and go 4-2-5 to put the most talent on field. Plus our lb depth is a joke

Yeah. Raphael Kirby didn't look good out there. Missed tackles, over pursuing plays, out of position. Gotta wonder if it's a bad game or if that's the best we're going to get from him this year.

Advertisement

If we stay in the 4-3 then his loss doesn't hurt us at all. He plays DE in the 4-3 and we're pretty good there.

If we played a 4-3, Owens would be an outside LB.

We literally have no one at LB outside Grace. McCord could have value but we ask him to do completely opposite what he is good at.

I guess Gayot, Young, and 1 of the FR will be the primary backups to McCord, Kirby Grace. Of course we have Toolbox Trent who apparently can play every position.

PArt of the problem as well is Kirby is an OLB playing in the middle. We don't have a MLB on the roster.

Advertisement

He actually was a safety in high school

Advertisement
Back