LB depth

It wouldn't surprise me at all if you see a bunch of our lame media reporters obsessing about us trying out a couple new people at linebacker tomorrow. Smith is a big body so is Romeo so they could start to log some minutes learning how to play in the box.
D Smith is 6'2 215 he could easily gain 10lbs and play LB at 225lbs, Depending if Cameron Williams can get on campus they should really look to move Joyner back to LB, which I think is his better position anyway.

Advertisement
D Smith is 6'2 215 he could easily gain 10lbs and play LB at 225lbs, Depending if Cameron Williams can get on campus they should really look to move Joyner back to LB, which I think is his better position anyway.

What has smith done to show he can play LB? He was a striker last year which is essentially our SLB and they moved him back to S.

Transfer may be the best option for us to get some LB depth.

What has smith done to show he can play LB? He was a striker last year which is essentially our SLB and they moved him back to S.

Transfer may be the best option for us to get some LB depth.
He is big and physical, Like you said he played striker. Not only that he moves like a LB, he is not fluid enough to play S, just like Romeo. What makes you think he can not play LB you have to try him out to see and this is a good opportunity for him to get pt.

He is big and physical, Like you said he played striker. Not only that he moves like a LB, he is not fluid enough to play S, just like Romeo. What makes you think he can not play LB you have to try him out to see and this is a good opportunity for him to get pt.

My point was if they thought he could play it he would’ve stayed at striker instead of moving Frierson.

My point was if they thought he could play it he would’ve stayed at striker instead of moving Frierson.
This is what I think the coaches were thinking. They move Frierson to striker because they thought his skill sets fit better for that position, with that there is no need for 3 strikers, so they move D smith back to S for depth issues. Right now we only have 4 scholarship safeties in the depth chart, so one of the strikers needed to move back to S. With Bolden and Keontra coming, you could move D smith back to LB which I think is better for hi because one of the thing he struggle in is coverage and there is a less need for coverage skills at that position. I could be wrong though.

Advertisement
Steed - ACL recovery time is down to about 6 months with the latest technology
Wilder - obviously have no idea what his status is but he hasn't quit yet
Joyner - switching to LB is his best chance to play in 2019 imo -- has already played LB here
You have no idea of Steed’s recovery time. What you describe is a theoretical best possible case, which would mean he could start practicing again in October, perhaps? Not likely and not sufficient.

Wilder- got it. You have no idea.

Joyner, yeah, that likely happens. Especially without Steed and Wilder.

I just don't see the need for any major alarm unless Jennings is ruled out for the season. 2020 is a much different story.

Could even get away with redshirting one of Brooks or Huff.

1st string Quarterman | Pinckney
2nd string McCloud | Jennings
3rd string Joyner | Huff

D Smith has NEVER played Backer...Just because he has the weight doesnt mean he can be more than a walk on at that spot. Smith played in the back end in high school..and is currently in the back end now for us.

Dude would be like an EMERGENCY...EMERGENCY BREAK CLASS at Lb. This isnt NCAA ON PS3. In that case we might as well put Evidence Njoku at DE.

I would be very surprised if Wilder ever plays a down again.

Advertisement
D Smith has NEVER played Backer...Just because he has the weight doesnt mean he can be more than a walk on at that spot. Smith played in the back end in high school..and is currently in the back end now for us.

Dude would be like an EMERGENCY...EMERGENCY BREAK CLASS at Lb. This isnt NCAA ON PS3. In that case we might as well put Evidence Njoku at DE.
he played striker which is pretty close to being a LB, the only reason he is playing Safety rn and not striker is due to depth at the Safety position, wiht that being said he is are biggest DB and has the tools to play LB, it wouldn't to give him a shot, because I can tell you rn he is an average at best safety.

Do w
I just don't see the need for any major alarm unless Jennings is ruled out for the season. 2020 is a much different story.

Could even get away with redshirting one of Brooks or Huff.

1st string Quarterman | Pinckney
2nd string McCloud | Jennings
3rd string Joyner | Huff

Do we know the extent of Jenni he knee injury? Didn’t look good.

Advertisement
Back