LB/DE- Coral Gables "Shakur Cooper"

Spookcane

EL PUMA
Pete/Geo or Tito,
What is the deal with this kid? He made the All Dade team as a Jr and apparently led Dade county in sacks with 29!!!

He seems undersized (6'1-210 lbs) to play DE, but has any of you seen this kid play? If so, does he have an offer yet? He looks like a physical specimen in his All Dade pic!

Shakur C.jpg

stats.jpg

Last edited:
Advertisement
Hold only one offer so far from Appalachian State, but his highlights speak for themselves. http://www.hudl.com/athlete/3190393/highlights/181289376/v2

The question is, can he maintain his great burst and motor when he has to add on the needed 30-40 pounds to play on the Division I level.

Dam, that burst is unreal.. 29 sacks is not child's play i tell you.. I guess the bigger question is, do the coaching staff at Gables move him to play LB similar to what Northwestern try to do with Michael Smith.. In any case, i hope ALFREDO keeps an eye on this kid now.. Unless he wants to have another Rashard Fenton situation.

would love to take this kid as a hybrid DE/OLB.
We have 3 stud pure LB's committed already, and i want us to add Bethel and Burns to Jackson at DE for 16'. This kid would be the perfect hybrid.

Advertisement
Looking forward to stealing him from Appalachian State on signing day after all of our commits decommit.

Advertisement
Looking forward to stealing him from Appalachian State on signing day after all of our commits decommit.

you spelt fiu wrong. common mistake.
Folden can't steal recruits from FIU. He tried and failed this year. Ron Turner has Dade on lockdown.

But... But Robert Knowles

This kid is the sleeper of this class
2nd biggest sleeper behind Mcintosh for me. both are legit.

This kid recruiting is about to blow up! Schools are already in contact with him. UM will be making a huge mistake not offering this guy. Remember I said it.

Advertisement
This kid recruiting is about to blow up! Schools are already in contact with him. UM will be making a huge mistake not offering this guy. Remember I said it.

Um.. care to elaborate playboy? What schools bra? Do you have intel or you are just talking out of your bunghole?

6'1"
200-210 pound range

Two things.

1. If Miami took pass rusher tweener Mike Smith. Shakur Cooper is well qualified himself. Should be a take all the way. Shakur Cooper and Shemar Smith as those DE/OLB types.

2. Major question with any type of kid like this. Will he be able to add another 30-30+ pounds to either play OLB or DE in college without losing any speed or explosiveness?

29 sacks does not happen by accident. Cooper is a phenomenal pass rusher, great in run support. Looks like a linebacker in his pursuit. Aggressive for his size and a no quit additude when it comes to a play. My only concern would be his pass coverage ability as I have not seen much of that.

His recruitment has not blown up yet but their is many prospects around Dade/Broward (Gee Stanley, Steven Newbold, Emmett Rice, Keir Thomas, etc.) and the nation who will receive more recognition as the process continues as it's very early and offers and rankings will have complete overhauls by the time summer rolls around.

In other words. I hope Miami gets on this kid ASAP.

As for our DE recruitment. Give me Bethel and Burns to add to Jackson and take Shemar Smith and Shakur Cooper as DE/OLB's. I don't think we will land Shavar Manuel.

Funny you mention Shakur Cooper spook. As I have a Dade/Broward top prospects piece I'm working on to release soon and he is in it.

Last edited:
6'1"
200-210 pound range

Two things.

1. If Miami took pass rusher tweener Mike Smith. Shakur Cooper is well qualified himself. Should be a take all the way. Shakur Cooper and Shemar Smith as those DE/OLB types.

2. Major question with any type of kid like this. Will he be able to add another 30-30+ pounds to either play OLB or DE in college without losing any speed or explosiveness?

29 sacks does not happen by accident. Cooper is a phenomenal pass rusher, great in run support. Looks like a linebacker in his pursuit. Aggressive for his size and a no quit additude when it comes to a play. My only concern would be his pass coverage ability as I have not seen much of that.

His recruitment has not blown up yet but their is many prospects around Dade/Broward (Gee Stanley, Steven Newbold, Emmett Rice, Keir Thomas, etc.) and the nation who will receive more recognition as the process continues as it's very early and offers and rankings will have complete overhauls by the time summer rolls around.

As for our DE recruitment. Give me Bethel and Burns to add to Jackson and take Shemar Smith and Shakur Cooper as DE/OLB's. I don't think we will land Shavar Manuel.

Funny you mention Shakur Cooper spook. As I have a Dade/Broward top prospects piece I'm working on to release soon and he is in it.

Manuel will be a defensive tackle in college imo and there is always a shot to land him for miami. He is already at 260 pounds in the spring of his junior year....

Advertisement
6'1"
200-210 pound range

Two things.

Good stuff!
When you say soon, do you mean days or weeks? lol Cant wait to see it bra..

I hope to find "Keir Thomas" DE/DL from Central. I saw this kid before the season kicked off last year (at a USSSA B-ball tournament @Central) and he was pretty impressive looking. He is listed at 6'4-235 lbs

To my surprise, homeboy tore it up this season with 20 sacks.. Any buzz around him Geo or anyone else?

KT.jpg

Last edited:
Keir Thomas, Cooper and Shamar Smith are 3 grimey *** dade county goons. they should all be at Miami, but Golden will probably outsmart himself again and ignore em or wait to the last minute to pursuit.

^ this is my fear bra. I hope we stack up with dade county talent for the next HC to be.

Shemmar is listed as 6'3-220lbs.. Homey boy had 18 sacks!

SM.jpg

Last edited:
Keir Thomas, Cooper and Shamar Smith are 3 grimey *** dade county goons. they should all be at Miami, but Golden will probably outsmart himself again and ignore em or wait to the last minute to pursuit.

None fit the height requirement.

Advertisement
Back