LB Coach Hurlie Brown coaching up the LB's

Look I don't fight over the internet. I like Hurlie, but those drills are ragedy, lacking intensity and technique. If you can't see the differences in coaching at Championship level teams vs what we see in his videos, then you obviously more fan than understanding of football.

I agree. I just don't see the purpose of that "Rapid Fire Recoil Drill". What happened to simple ole' angle,heads up, & open field tackling drills. I don't see other teams running this drill, seems to me Golden runs it just to say it's His.

Our guys seemed afraid to hit each other, for the most part.

Advertisement
And we wonder why we get raped by physical teams.

Just watch the weak *** Oklahoma drills we do in pre game. Obviously you don't want to hurt each other pre game, but it's embarsssing how little either guy moves and how weak th pads pop. High school teams more physical than us.

Majority of you don't know d!ck about coaching, you're just looking for stuff to ***** about.

There's nothing wrong with Hurlie in these videos. The drills are TECHNICAL drills, they're not used to kill each other. The first drill is a simple form tackle "thud" drill. Everybody in football does it.

You amateur ****heads think football practice consists of drilling each other for 2 hours straight. Couldn't be further from the truth. Very little live hitting goes on in real football practices. A lot of the work is technical.

Advertisement
Majority of you don't know d!ck about coaching, you're just looking for stuff to ***** about.

There's nothing wrong with Hurlie in these videos. The drills are TECHNICAL drills, they're not used to kill each other. The first drill is a simple form tackle "thud" drill. Everybody in football does it.

You amateur ****heads think football practice consists of drilling each other for 2 hours straight. Couldn't be further from the truth. Very little live hitting goes on in real football practices. A lot of the work is technical.
+100000000000000000

Why don't we see us doing drills like the LSU videos? They seem to be doing some serious live hitting.

The drills are TECHNICAL drills, they're not used to kill each other.

Coach Macho...I hear ya', but you still want that "oomph" in those drills...which is why Hurlie was yelling "I don't hear pads!"

IMO Hurlie was moving too fast, sometimes you have to have that PAUSE in a practice/drill, to emphasize a COACHING POINT.

Nothing wrong with wanting to achieve high reps in a practice/drill, but not at the expense of quality.

We don't see full practice videos. As for what others do or don't do in practice, I doubt anyone sits downs and watches videos from all the other teams.
I swear the only pads some people on this board have ever worn are between their legs.

I don't need videos to show me the direction of the team, snippets are nice but worthless in evaluations. In the end all I need to see is the win-loss record.A successful season and we will all be happy (most of us) A poor one and changes will be made.

In the meantime, I will support our players who committed their next four years here. They chose the U and I for one will be at the games to support them. It is not about the school, the coaches or the fans. It is about the players.

Advertisement
The drills are TECHNICAL drills, they're not used to kill each other.

Coach Macho...I hear ya', but you still want that "oomph" in those drills...which is why Hurlie was yelling "I don't hear pads!"

IMO Hurlie was moving too fast, sometimes you have to have that PAUSE in a practice/drill, to emphasize a COACHING POINT.

Nothing wrong with wanting to achieve high reps in a practice/drill, but not at the expense of quality.

I don't disagree with this. I'd like to see him slow down a bit and emphasis some stuff.

Advertisement
Back