2023 LB Board (2023 Edition)

lindend

Money, its gotta be da shoes!
Premium
Creating a thread to discuss the 2023 LB Board as it seems like we've been flying in the dark about who the staff is after and new targets seem to pop up each week.

As I suspected, @Brooklyndee says Mario has a plan when it comes to LB & CB recruiting. We just need to watch it unfold.

Confirmed LB Priority Targets

@DMoney confirmed these are priority targets

• Raul "Popo" Aguirre (Commit)
  • Bobby Washington (Commit)
  • Malik Bryant (Commit)
  • Marcellius Pulliam (Commit)

Remaining Targets

(varying interest level, pulled mostly from @supacane Target Commitment List thread)

• Staquan Clark (Louisville Commit)

Eliminated from Consideration

• Tony Rojas (wants to play for Manny for some unknown reason and recruiting Ta'Mere to join him to learn how to miss tackles and give up huge plays)
  • Anthony Hill ( Texas)
  • Lewis Carter (OU commit)
  • Ta'Mere Robinson (PSU commit)
  • Jordan Hall (MSU commit)
  • Michael Harris (UCF commit)
  • Andrew Harris (UCF commit)
  • Raylen Wilson (committed to the wannbe UM)

2024 LB Targets

Depending on the number of LBs we take in 23, it could influence how many we take in 24. Will update this after collecting an unprioritized list of LBs. Got the initial list from @Hurricane Warrior 's 2024 Prospect thread

• TJ Capers (LCE says he's pro-Miami and we're in a strong position, confident he'll be a Cane)
  • Sammy Brown
  • Adarius Hayes
  • Timajay Hayes
  • Vincent Shavers
  • Nicholas Rodriguez
  • Aaron Chiles
  • Jeremiah Marcelin

Last edited:
Advertisement
If anyone has insights on the staff priority list after Popo and Bryant in 23, a more comprehensive list of 24' LBs or the priority of 24 LBs, please post. Thanks.

Creating a thread to discuss the 2023 LB Board as it seems like we've been flying in the dark about who the staff is after and new targets seem to pop up each week.

Confirmed LB Priority Targets

@DMoney confirmed these are priority targets

• Raul "Popo" Aguirre
  • Malik Bryant
  • Bobby Washington (awaiting D$ confirmation on this one)

Remaining Targets

(varying interest level, pulled mostly from @supacane Target Commitment List thread)

• Staquan Clark
  • Anthony Hill
  • Lewis Carter
  • Ta'Mere Robinson
  • Jordan Hall
  • Michael Harris
  • Andrew Harris
  • Raylen Wilson

2024 LB Targets

Depending on the number of LBs we take in 23, it could influence how many we take in 24. Will update this after collecting an unprioritized list of LBs. Got the initial list from @Hurricane Warrior 's 2024 Prospect thread

• TJ Capers
  • Sammy Brown
  • Adarius Hayes
  • Timajay Hayes
  • Vincent Shavers
  • Nicholas Rodriguez
  • Aaron Chiles

Linden, doin' work.

Only revision I'd make is moving Stanquan Clark up into the top group.

Advertisement
Linden, doin' work.

Only revision I'd make is moving Stanquan Clark up into the top group.
I've also heard Stanquan is near the top of the list (which is why I had moved him to the top of the seconard list), but the OP list is from D$. @DMoney what are you hearing about Clark? Is he a priority right now or are other decisions necessary first?

Looking forward to getting back to where we were at this spot

Far cry from Linebacker U the last few years but we should ALWAYS be in the hunt for these types of dudes

Advertisement
Advertisement
and my nemesis Sparty again creating issues.

Tuesday Morning Reaction GIF by The Secret Life Of Pets

Last edited:
Advertisement
@DMoney says Popo and Bryant remain at the top of the LB board and are being recruited very hard.

@RattlerCane305 says Clark is the type of LB that Mario definitely would've been after while at Oregon. He sees Washington, Bryant, Popo and Clark as our LB class (and I'm tending to agree)

Miami could get right back into it with committable offers.
I like the speed on these guys. I hope the slow playing doesn’t come back to bite us in the *** here. I shouldn’t be worried with this staff, but it wouldn’t surprise me if these two become studs at the next level.

Advertisement
Back