Lawrence Cager

No, no, **** no. Dude makes Lance Leggett look like Randy Moss. I'm over this 6'5 midget.

Advertisement
Cage this gotta be you cause no one else can come up with that rationalization or comparison... Jeff's problems were all either scheme or personal. None of it had to do with refusing to block or having the ball thrown to you over and over but dropping **** near everything... Jeff caught the ball the few times he was targeted even when it was a typical **** throw from whoever or qb was.
It ain’t even really about Cager. It’s the logic that Jeff Thomas was the only one who was affected by bad QB play or Scheme.

There is a prison in a more ancient part of the world. A portal where men are thrown to suffer and die. But sometimes a man rises from the darkness. Sometimes the portal sends something back.

Advertisement
Word on the street is he went down to Costa Rica & got hand implants. I think he ended up going with the Double Gronk's. Seems a bit excessive to me.. but can a pair really be too big? Built for speed, per the rumor. TIFWIW

Would welcome back with open arms. NFL size and talent. 5th year senior. A good coach will work on his hands (ie: L. Hankerson jr to sr year). It is possible to improve. It's not like he was the only one with butter fingers in the offense (Wiggins).

I can't blame anymore for wanting to leave as a result of playing in Richt's offense. In our last game, our offense completed 6 passes for 48 totals yards. Only one completion was to a wide receiver (Cager). Who would want to stay in this offense if Richt was going to stay?

Every wide receiver should get a clean slate going into 2019.

Last edited:
I wish Cager the best going forward, but it was tough to watch a 6'5" kid use his body to catch back corner fades in the end zone. He routinely dropped slants and <10yd passes too.

Advertisement
Word on the street is he went down to Costa Rica & got hand implants. I think he ended up going with the Double Gronk's. Seems a bit excessive to me.. but can a pair really be too big? Built for speed, per the rumor. TIFWIW

I knew it, Miami getting these boosters to pay for anything to help us get better

Advertisement
Lotta WRs who’ve had underwhelming careers here balled out their senior year. He’s going to have to earn his touches now, so I’m fine if he sticks around.

Exactly. And he's only got one year left, so it's not like he's taking up a scholly that we could use somewhere else. IF he comes back, as long as he has to compete for reps and PT, I'm completely fine with it.

Advertisement
Cager is 6'5" but he's not a conventional big-bodied X receiver. His technique needs work but more than that he needs to be put in narrow bunch and stack alignments where he can get a free release with a 2-way go and use his foot quickness and big frame to his advantage. He has plenty of ability and it's sad that Canes fans **** on him all the time instead of looking at the context. A smart staff could squeeze a good year out of him.

Look back on his struggles and where do they occur? When he's an isolated outside receiver in static 11 personnel groupings vs. press coverage with Richt calling for slants, fades and switch verts. I'll repeat Cager is not a big, physical receiver; he wins in the small receiver game but has unique size for someone with light feet.

I've probably made this post 5 times in the last year or so and hopefully this is the last time.

Now a hand-model, keep hot irons away from those mitts... and ****

Shiiiitttt cager at least can catch 1 out if 3 or 4 passes but y'all man D. Wiggins dropped every pass going his way this season and to think he kept getting burn in the game is beyond me
D. Wiggins seemed to lose confidence down the stretch. Physically he’s the guy with high high upside. Drops are mental

No one on this team illicts more hate than Cager lol. I, myself have to be restrained from throwing things at the tv when he plays like a bonehead. I say, let him transfer, take back JT4 and we gonna be straight

Advertisement
Back