Lawrence Cager playing TE for Giants

Advertisement
To be fair to him, I remember during his freshman year, he made some plays against FSU up in Tallahassee. I thought then, he could be a player for us down the road. Then he suffered a bad ACL injury.

He lost the entire next year and seemed to play more tentative than he showed as a freshman. Sometimes an ACL can do more to you than physically slow you down.

He was never a drama queen when he was here, so I don't care he's reppin UGa, I'm glad he's found a home for himself in the league.

Last edited:
He either committed to the weight gain, or just got fat. Either way, he was meh here and at UGA. If anything he should be applauded for sticking with it. Because he’s not as talented as we all hoped he would be, and TE offers him ability to extend what would’ve been a short short career at wr.

Thank u! I agree 100% w/ u.

Advertisement
Not too many college jag's in the NFL. Just because Miami and UGA weren't able to get the best out of him doesn't mean people who thought he was a jag weren't wrong.

Not too many college jag's in the NFL. Just because Miami and UGA weren't able to get the best out of him doesn't mean people who thought he was a jag weren't wrong.
I think it says more about the Giants’ lack of skill position players than anything.

Those iffy hands of Cager. Hands don’t match his size (pause!)
Awkward What Are You Doing GIF by Chloe x Halle

Advertisement

So he couldn't have been a jag in college? I mean, it has taken a six figure salary for him to make a roster and catch 15 passes in three years. It's not hard to imagine that maybe he wasn't all that motivated in college.

He either committed to the weight gain, or just got fat. Either way, he was meh here and at UGA. If anything he should be applauded for sticking with it. Because he’s not as talented as we all hoped he would be, and TE offers him ability to extend what would’ve been a short short career at wr.
The former. He bulked up in the off-season with the intent of continuing his career as a tight end. Initially made the Jets roster as a tight end as well.

There’s hellllllla JAGS in the NFL, r u kidding me? Lol. The NFL will take a chance on a guy if they played college ball b/c it’s a physical sport & sometimes u just need bodies, but for every Ray Lewis, there’s 100’s of Akili Smith’s, meaning guys who hang around for 3 yrs & are ghost.

There’s hellllllla JAGS in the NFL, r u kidding me? Lol. The NFL will take a chance on a guy if they played college ball b/c it’s a physical sport & sometimes u just need bodies, but for every Ray Lewis, there’s 100’s of Akili Smith’s, meaning guys who hang around for 3 yrs & are ghost.
Nah Rel, the NFL has a different algorithm for players than you do. You been watching long enough to know that stats mean something sometimes and sometimes they don't when it comes to NFL potential.

Advertisement
So he couldn't have been a jag in college? I mean, it has taken a six figure salary for him to make a roster and catch 15 passes in three years. It's not hard to imagine that maybe he wasn't all that motivated in college.
If you want to frame it in some statistical prism then fine. I'm just saying that maybe there's more.

Nah Rel, the NFL has a different algorithm for players than you do. You been watching long enough to know that stats mean something sometimes and sometimes they don't when it comes to NFL potential.

Bro, no offense, that wasn’t an opinion. I have several connections to the NFL via former players, current players, & front office personnel.

I’m letting u know that just b/c a guy makes it to a roster doesn’t mean he’ll ever be more than just a guy. Just like CFB have walk-ons & a slew of guys who r purely there for depth, the NFL have many (the back 13) + practice squad for depth & are seen as such. That doesn’t mean those types can’t make & stick around the league, but there’s a reason y the avg. NFL career last for 3 yrs, & it’s not just due to injuries.

Advertisement
Bro, no offense, that wasn’t an opinion. I have several connections to the NFL via former players, current players, & front office personnel.

I’m letting u know that just b/c a guy makes it to a roster doesn’t mean he’ll ever be more than just a guy. Just like CFB have walk-ons & a slew of guys who r purely there for depth, the NFL have many (the back 13) + practice squad for depth & are seen as such. That doesn’t mean those types can’t make & stick around the league, but there’s a reason y the avg. NFL career last for 3 yrs, & it’s not just due to injuries.
High school jags get weeded out, regardless of rating in college, college jags get weeded out in the pros. If you made it to the pros then by the very definition of jag you aren't one.

Advertisement
Back