Lawrence cager impact

Cager is a big receiver he's not going to "separate" like a slot wr but hes above average in that area for somebody his size. the "ive literally never seen him snatch the ball with his hands" comment???? lol well for 1) he was out all last year which wouldve only been his sophomore year. and 2) that comment proves that you "literally" dont watch the games or pay attention to practice reports.

Advertisement
Second or third leading receiver at worst. He's going to have to step up big-time or whomever the new QB is will struggle greatly.

Heard from peeps that Cager for his size has a lot more wiggle than you would expect and gets on you quick. This all was said before the injury though...

Heard from peeps that Cager for his size has a lot more wiggle than you would expect and gets on you quick. This all was said before the injury though...

He has a great burst off the line and the short area quickness of someone much smaller than him. He's still got a ways to go in rehab but he's progressed tremendously throughout the season

Brock IMO he runs good but not great...if he could be a 3rd down possession guy and red zone threat I'd be ecstatic
I'm interested in seeing what he does this year

Me too. One minute the staff was all about him and he was an asset, the next people are saying he's a JAG. I think the kid has plenty of potential (like Berrios), it will just come down to if he makes his presence felt and the staff decide to use him. I think he can be real good but may never get the targets to prove it. Again like Berrios.

Berrios can provide something but the best players need to be on the field by any means. Berrios has a battle on his hands with Mullins, Thomas and Harley behind him.
I want our top 5 receivers this year to be richards cager, Mullins, Thomas, Harley/berrios

Then tight end
Herndon, Haskins/irvin

I think Berrios has a monster year this season. Richards is going to demand double coverage all season. I see Berrios being a safety blanket for a young QB. People give him slack, but i think he's a pretty **** talented WR.

Yes!! He will have a huge year. Berrios will explode with 19 catches for 133 yards next season!

Advertisement
He's just a guy until proven otherwise, as is every receiver on the roster not named Richards.

The competition will be fierce. Njoku isn't coming here to redshirt.

Cager will have a solid season. I see him, Richards and Berrios starting. His numbers will depend on QBs development.

He has a great burst off the line and the short area quickness of someone much smaller than him. He's still got a ways to go in rehab but he's progressed tremendously throughout the season

Before the injury, what do you think his role would of been for the season?

Advertisement
Everyone also seems to be forgetting we have Thomas too. I don't think anybody's job is safe besides Richards'

I remember you posting not long ago about how you had high expectations for him this past season before the injury. Let's hope he's back to that level after recovering from the injury. He can really open things up for us and big WR's are always a little more forgiving for a new starter at QB.

Before the injury, what do you think his role would of been for the season?

He was in line to be a starter, I think him and Richards likely would've rotated at the "X" spot

Advertisement
Advertisement
Back