Lawrence cager impact

Brock IMO he runs good but not great...if he could be a 3rd down possession guy and red zone threat I'd be ecstatic

Hi darkhippo

Vernell is way cooler than him. You all got Vernell pegged wrong, he's just a realist. All black families have a uncle like V no sugar coating.

Oh and Cager is from Baltimore so I want to see my charm city boys always do well. Similar to Tavon Austin and Cyrus Jones

B'morecane agrees

Advertisement
I was excited to see what Cager could do in 2016. While I was bummed he got injured, it opened the door for Richards to solidify himself as #2 next to Coley.

He put on really good weight this year and, until Evidence is ready, will be our best size advantage in the open field.

depends on how he comes back from the ACL...hopefully he doesn't need an extra year to feel 100% confident (like berriors and d.o)

Brock IMO he runs good but not great...if he could be a 3rd down possession guy and red zone threat I'd be ecstatic
I'm interested in seeing what he does this year

Me too. One minute the staff was all about him and he was an asset, the next people are saying he's a JAG. I think the kid has plenty of potential (like Berrios), it will just come down to if he makes his presence felt and the staff decide to use him. I think he can be real good but may never get the targets to prove it. Again like Berrios.

Berrios can provide something but the best players need to be on the field by any means. Berrios has a battle on his hands with Mullins, Thomas and Harley behind him.
I want our top 5 receivers this year to be richards cager, Mullins, Thomas, Harley/berrios

Then tight end
Herndon, Haskins/irvin

I think Berrios has a monster year this season. Richards is going to demand double coverage all season. I see Berrios being a safety blanket for a young QB. People give him slack, but i think he's a pretty **** talented WR.

Advertisement
I think Richards and Thomas will be our best WR's by a good margin. I think Richt is a big fan of Berrios so he'll be a pretty firm #3 IMO.

Spring should be a pretty interesting battle for who ends up the #4 WR between Cager, Mullins, Harris, and DJ Dallas. Cager's obvious advantage is his size.

No doubt Cager is a high caliber potential guy. Concern will be how he has recovered from acl injury since it's been about a year. If he's at 100% he will make some noise this year.

Me too. One minute the staff was all about him and he was an asset, the next people are saying he's a JAG. I think the kid has plenty of potential (like Berrios), it will just come down to if he makes his presence felt and the staff decide to use him. I think he can be real good but may never get the targets to prove it. Again like Berrios.

Berrios can provide something but the best players need to be on the field by any means. Berrios has a battle on his hands with Mullins, Thomas and Harley behind him.
I want our top 5 receivers this year to be richards cager, Mullins, Thomas, Harley/berrios

Then tight end
Herndon, Haskins/irvin

I think Berrios has a monster year this season. Richards is going to demand double coverage all season. I see Berrios being a safety blanket for a young QB. People give him slack, but i think he's a pretty **** talented WR.

I agree on Berrios talent level, but I won't even begin to speculate as to what type of season he'll have. He could have 80 yds or 800, there's just no way to tell. Every year people make predictions about how players will do and they are mostly wrong. As long as dude's ball, I don't care who they are.

Advertisement
Maybe I'm overly optimistic, but I can see Cager putting up similar numbers to what Coley did last year. He's a huge redzone target and should be the new go-to guy for goal line fades.

Maybe I'm overly optimistic, but I can see Cager putting up similar numbers to what Coley did last year. He's a huge redzone target and should be the new go-to guy for goal line fades.
Coley lead the team in receptions & receiving TD's last year & had over 700yds on the season.

I like Cage & hope he does great, but he ain't getting nowhere close to those type of numbers...

He'll do well in the role he'll be asked to play IF he comes back healthy, but he shouldn't even be mentioned in the same sentence as Stacy Coley, he's not even close to the caliber of talent that Coley is.

Advertisement
Coley lead the team in receptions & receiving TD's last year & had over 700yds on the season.

I like Cage & hope he does great, but he ain't getting nowhere close to those type of numbers...

He'll do well in the role he'll be asked to play IF he comes back healthy, but he shouldn't even be mentioned in the same sentence as Stacy Coley, he's not even close to the caliber of talent that Coley is.

You're right. He's probably not going to get his number called as much as Coley between the twenties but if this line still struggles in goal line situations, there's going to be a bunch of jumpballs in the endzone from inside the five. A better way to phrase it would have been "I can see Cager putting up similar touchdown numbers to what Coley did last year".

You're right. He's probably not going to get his number called as much as Coley between the twenties but if this line still struggles in goal line situations, there's going to be a bunch of jumpballs in the endzone from inside the five. A better way to phrase it would have been "I can see Cager putting up similar touchdown numbers to what Coley did last year".
I can respect that & I didn't mean to sound like I was jumping on you or anything, just that Coley was on a much higher level & is among one of the best in School history. So, comparing his productivity to any other guy not named Ahmmon is pretty lofty expectations lol.

I think Cage can be a red zone threat quite a bit, the combo of him & Haskins in the Red-zone gives us two big tall kids that you can throw it up to & let them go get. The back shoulder & quick slant should be utilized like crazy with them in the game.

Then tight end
Herndon, Haskins/irvin

Why do you WANT those 5 to be the top guys?? I want the 5 best guys....if Mullins and or Thomas can't crack the line-up....so be it....

Advertisement
My biggest gripe with him is he always catches the ball with his body. I've literally never seen him straight snatch the ball with his hands (besides maybe a drill with helmets only and no DBs).

Also he doesn't separate well from DB's on his routes. If Dugans can help him with that, he should be fine.

Thing is it usually takes 2 years to get right after knee injuries... I hope he comes back stronger and faster like he said... we need him...

My biggest gripe with him is he always catches the ball with his body. I've literally never seen him straight snatch the ball with his hands (besides maybe a drill with helmets only and no DBs).

Also he doesn't separate well from DB's on his routes. If Dugans can help him with that, he should be fine.

lol hilarious how ppl make up **** about a player and post it as facts

Advertisement
Back