Lawrence cager impact

brock

All-American
What are the expectations for him this season? I expect him to come on the scene strong. He has put ALOT of size on, is in the 220-225 range and a legit 6'5 and can run. Could bring a different element to the offens imo

Last edited:
Advertisement
Brock IMO he runs good but not great...if he could be a 3rd down possession guy and red zone threat I'd be ecstatic

My guy who told me about how the strength and conditioning was run before richt took over said cager was set to dominate in the red zone last year and thinks hes going to make a MAJOR impact if he is healthy this year opposite of richards. Feels he can easily be a 10+ td guy

Advertisement
I think he'll be s red zone nightmare. Also, if he's putting the work in as a blocker, him and Herndon gonna allow Thomas and Harley to spring for some Crib ending screens.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Brock IMO he runs good but not great...if he could be a 3rd down possession guy and red zone threat I'd be ecstatic
I'm interested in seeing what he does this year

Me too. One minute the staff was all about him and he was an asset, the next people are saying he's a JAG. I think the kid has plenty of potential (like Berrios), it will just come down to if he makes his presence felt and the staff decide to use him. I think he can be real good but may never get the targets to prove it. Again like Berrios.

The only thing that matters right now is how far along he is in his recovery. Some players take less than a year to come back from his injuries, some take almost 2 years. I have no idea how far along he is, and I don't think anybody on this board does either.

Me too. One minute the staff was all about him and he was an asset, the next people are saying he's a JAG. I think the kid has plenty of potential (like Berrios), it will just come down to if he makes his presence felt and the staff decide to use him. I think he can be real good but may never get the targets to prove it. Again like Berrios.

Berrios can provide something but the best players need to be on the field by any means. Berrios has a battle on his hands with Mullins, Thomas and Harley behind him.
I want our top 5 receivers this year to be richards cager, Mullins, Thomas, Harley/berrios

Then tight end
Herndon, Haskins/irvin

Advertisement

Out of sight, out of mind...

Sent from my SM-N910T using Tapatalk

Berrios can provide something but the best players need to be on the field by any means. Berrios has a battle on his hands with Mullins, Thomas and Harley behind him.
I want our top 5 receivers this year to be richards cager, Mullins, Thomas, Harley/berrios

Then tight end
Herndon, Haskins/irvin

As you say, the best players need to be on the field. I'm not too concerned with who those guys turn out to be.

Hi darkhippo

Vernell is way cooler than him. You all got Vernell pegged wrong, he's just a realist. All black families have a uncle like V no sugar coating.

Oh and Cager is from Baltimore so I want to see my charm city boys always do well. Similar to Tavon Austin and Cyrus Jones

Hi darkhippo

Vernell is way cooler than him. You all got Vernell pegged wrong, he's just a realist. All black families have a uncle like V no sugar coating.

Oh and Cager is from Baltimore so I want to see my charm city boys always do well. Similar to Tavon Austin and Cyrus Jones

Word.

Advertisement
Would use him and Njoku the same way they used Big Brother Njoku. Gotta get him in the right match-ups bc he ain't Mike Evans or Kelvin Benjamin, and he's not gonna blow by first tier DB's.

The only thing that matters right now is how far along he is in his recovery. Some players take less than a year to come back from his injuries, some take almost 2 years. I have no idea how far along he is, and I don't think anybody on this board does either.

I agree his recovery status is the most important thing at this time. IMO Cager was surprisingly effective his true freshman year. Assuming Cager comes back 100%, I believe he will be very productive as a possession type and red zone threat this year playing opposite Richards.

Advertisement
I think he needs to add about 20 lbs and do what Winslow did. Convert to TE and dominate. IMO, if he's that big already it's probably just a matter of time before he outgrows the WR position.

I guess everyone forgets he was an All-American WR in highschool that Alabama wanted. By the time the season starts he will be over a year out from his surgery. He should be good to go opposite Richards. I would bet he has over 500 yds & 7 TD's

Then tight end
Herndon, Haskins/irvin

As you say, the best players need to be on the field. I'm not too concerned with who those guys turn out to be.

There is enough quality to choose from, competition should be intense and guys who block will be in play.

My biggest gripe with him is he always catches the ball with his body. I've literally never seen him straight snatch the ball with his hands (besides maybe a drill with helmets only and no DBs).

Advertisement
Back