2024 Lawayne McCoy 4* DB from Central

Let’s revisit this in December. If you can’t see the difference between today and the past years then that’s because you chose to.
I see the difference in many positions, but not at WR. We got 2 dudes in last year's class who basically would've come here no matter what, but we struck out on every other big target at the position. It's also been pulling teeth in the portal.

Advertisement
His recruitment is NOT over. He would have been great for WR depth but I liked him more as a DB in our class. I'm gonna hold off till the fall on some of these offensive recruitment until we see what our offense looks like and THEN we'll see what's WHAT

We can keep spinning the narrative and coming up with excuses, but at some point there needs to be a statement made.

Let's see. Mario has basically been here one year. He has been very successful at recruiting so far.

Miami was decommit U for a while. Mario has publicly said he only wants commits from kids if they are really ready, informed, in almost all cases their parents have visited, etc. Early commits are tenuous, for us, and for all schools. You become the ONLY school people negatively recruit against for the kid, you are on defense instead of offense. The excitement wears off too.

Just like last year, we've had a phenomenal amount of high level recruits visit unofficially this spring. Maybe more. Which besides exposing them to the program and getting to recruit them, allows us to evaluate them even further.

OV's start in June, we haven't had a single HS kid OV yet.

Mario also flipped kids from Clemson, Georgia, Alabama, UNC, UF, OSU, etc since he's been here, so excuse me if I DGAF if a kid from Central that we may or may not want commits early somewhere else.

At this time last year, things were similar. After the spring game the next phase starts, which is when we started pulling them in the boat last year.

If things are going just about the same as last year, and it worked really well last year, why are you all catching feelings so early? This is by design.

If we are still not getting kids by the time you are roasting weenies with your little cuz on the 4th of July, then it's time to be alarmed.

But I've never understood why people get worried about something until there is something to worry about. Mario obviously works to announce commits at certain times by design. Let's let it play out. Nothing to worry about yet, at all. We have serious interest from a TON of top guys. And what they've been saying about their visits has been really, really positive. It's been 5-star city at UM. Bodes well, I hope we can land 2-3 again.

Advertisement
If I'm FSU, I'm not sleeping well knowing that Mario is an insane recruiter AND we've now got the Cunningham brothers and Bekkem whispering in Lawayne's ear for the next 8+ months about flipping to the good guys. And not to even mention Bain bending his ear too.

Advertisement
If I'm FSU, I'm not sleeping well knowing that Mario is an insane recruiter AND we've now got the Cunningham brothers and Bekkem whispering in Lawayne's ear for the next 8+ months about flipping to the good guys. And not to even mention Bain bending his ear too.

We got the whole central staff on payroll here at the U and now these 3 transferring along with Bains success already, it's dam near impossible to see Mccoy not staying home in the end

@Udynasty with a recruiting update. McCoy is still in play despite the Noles commit

Not even remotely worried here. Long way to go. This is what his recruitment is going to look like from now til then.

Fun Ride GIF by PortAventuraWorld

Advertisement
Advertisement
I know we offered Kritza. Is he the '25 QB we want most? Would love to know the back story on how he ended up at Miami Central if anyone knows it. Cool stuff 😎

Advertisement
Back