2024 Lawayne McCoy 4* DB from Central

Plus I just figured if he really wanted to be here he would flip by now
it feels like he is waiting for an offer from someone else and he has Miami to fall back on if he never gets it. I have 0 idea who it could be, but idk what else he would need to see with the amount of visits he has taken. Do we know what team he grew up a fan of? Maybe that team hasn't offered him.

Advertisement
it feels like he is waiting for an offer from someone else and he has Miami to fall back on if he never gets it. I have 0 idea who it could be, but idk what else he would need to see with the amount of visits he has taken. Do we know what team he grew up a fan of? Maybe that team hasn't offered him.
Or… and I have no info but just generally speaking he isn’t convinced Miami is the spot but Mario just ain’t quiting and the kid just keeps flirting. There doesn’t have to be this finality to it either way. We have had prospects before that basically lived on campus and chose to go elsewhere as well, it doesn’t mean everything. Remember he lives close to campus, visiting us isn’t exactly inconvenient and probably shouldn’t be read too much into.

Last edited:
From NOLES 247 board:

I don't think the scenario of McCoy departing the class is as likely now. I'm told the strength of McCoy's commitment to FSU has improved a sizable amount. That's due to a few factors...

McCoy is in communication with the FSU coaching staff more now than ever before. I'm told recent phone calls with head coach Mike Norvell, wide receivers coach Ron Dugans as well as other members of the staff have gone over extremely well with McCoy. That's not the only thing that has improved FSU's chances of keeping him in the class.

I'm told a Facetime call took place between a few of FSU's top 2024 commitments and McCoy. I've confirmed one of the members of that call was FSU's newest and most highly-ranked pledge, five-star defensive back KJ Bolden. The communication between McCoy and other members of Tribe24 has also been positive in helping FSU's attempt to prevent a flip.

I think another vital factor in McCoy's recruitment is that FSU was one of the first big time schools to heavily recruit him. The 'Noles extended him a scholarship in July of 2022. UCF's scholarship bid didn't come through until a few months after. Miami didn't offer until January of this year.

While my feeling on the strength of McCoy's pledge has shifted, I don't think his recruitment is shut down. I expect him to continue to field interest from other programs and wouldn't be surprised to see him get on a few other campuses this fall. Nevertheless, the recent intel on McCoy is an encouraging sign as the 'Noles look to hold onto the nation's No. 161 overall prospect and No. 11 athlete.

Also, I wouldn't be surprised if McCoy is in attendance for FSU's neutral-site season opener against LSU on September 3.

Advertisement
From NOLES 247 board:

I don't think the scenario of McCoy departing the class is as likely now. I'm told the strength of McCoy's commitment to FSU has improved a sizable amount. That's due to a few factors...

McCoy is in communication with the FSU coaching staff more now than ever before. I'm told recent phone calls with head coach Mike Norvell, wide receivers coach Ron Dugans as well as other members of the staff have gone over extremely well with McCoy. That's not the only thing that has improved FSU's chances of keeping him in the class.

I'm told a Facetime call took place between a few of FSU's top 2024 commitments and McCoy. I've confirmed one of the members of that call was FSU's newest and most highly-ranked pledge, five-star defensive back KJ Bolden. The communication between McCoy and other members of Tribe24 has also been positive in helping FSU's attempt to prevent a flip.

I think another vital factor in McCoy's recruitment is that FSU was one of the first big time schools to heavily recruit him. The 'Noles extended him a scholarship in July of 2022. UCF's scholarship bid didn't come through until a few months after. Miami didn't offer until January of this year.

While my feeling on the strength of McCoy's pledge has shifted, I don't think his recruitment is shut down. I expect him to continue to field interest from other programs and wouldn't be surprised to see him get on a few other campuses this fall. Nevertheless, the recent intel on McCoy is an encouraging sign as the 'Noles look to hold onto the nation's No. 161 overall prospect and No. 11 athlete.

Also, I wouldn't be surprised if McCoy is in attendance for FSU's neutral-site season opener against LSU on September 3.
Hopefully LSU throttles them for that game!

Advertisement
I see you… Real McCoy…. Savvy
Kenan Thompson No GIF by Saturday Night Live

That's your warning, sir. Now please move along.

Advertisement
Advertisement
From NOLES 247 board:

When all said and done, Cane.

Lots of offseason noise either go quiet or turnt up early with FSU who has LSU and Clemson in their first 4 games. LSU was a good team but they werent a great team. They won some ugly games too. If Jaden Daniels has not improved alot since last season, i think FSU get rid of them if im honest. Then u gonna hear them being talked about in playoff terms much more. By the time we play them later in the season, i expect their tone to change regardless of how they performed.

Advertisement
Back