Lavonte Whitfield

Advertisement
Man, I like this kid a lot. I gotta disagree with the staff if we're not recruiting him hard.

Last edited:
Advertisement
I have no idea who Lavonte Whitfield is...

I do know a Kermit Whitfield though, he purty fass.

Advertisement
So I take it we're looking at AJL and Cunningham for our WR class and calling it a day?

I have no idea who Lavonte Whitfield is...

I do know a Kermit Whitfield though, he purty fass.

42.gif

Advertisement
Do you feel Cunningham is the answer if you are talking polished wr??? Count me in the group that would like to have Whitfield. Cunningham looks like a big possession type target but no where near the ability of a Coley.

My only concern with this staff is I hope they're not neglecting speed and athletes, in the quest to build the big and powerful team AG wants to put on the field. Among many other things, Miami football is built on speed.

staff hasn't been recruiting him

As far as the staff not recruiting him, you agree or disagree Pete?

I think he would add speed that this team hasn't seen in a while. I just think the staff wants a more polished receiver

Travis Benjamin was the fastest runner at the NFL combine.

I'm not saying Benjamin has Olymipic Speed...but Miami has seen plenty of speed, even though we haven't particularly utilized it properly.

In the 40, I've got Benjamin +.05 in the 40 at the combine in a run against Kermit.

Advertisement
Do you feel Cunningham is the answer if you are talking polished wr??? Count me in the group that would like to have Whitfield. Cunningham looks like a big possession type target but no where near the ability of a Coley.

Cunningham is a great route runner and already shows a great understanding of the position, so yea I would say he is polished. Coley is on another level, but that is unrealistic right now

It seems like the members here are split on Cunningham.

Half of you seem like you would take him because of him being a better receiver but the other half want to pass on him because he doesn't have the elite size or speed.

Advertisement
Back