Latest Pate Miami Take

I’ll take that bet.

Not because I want to be right, but because Mario hasn’t shown me that he or his staff have any semblance of self scouting, or self awareness to evolve and improve
Lol self scouting a trigger word after all the talk during the bye week this year about “self-scouting” and “tendencies” and then going away from everything that worked for weeks

Advertisement
He’s close with Mario so he’s not going to bury him. Mario will acquire talent but as with every single team around 30% of that talent will leave regardless of what happens with the portal.

He’s a bad coach plain and simple on the field. He's also the most fake macho guy of all time and I doubt he changes his ways because of that. He hired a B- OC in Dawson and an A DC in Guidry. He has to upgrade his staff at TE and DB and work on his clock management skills something fierce, which he won’t.
Can anyone explain why we never jam a WR, yet our guys are constantly getting mug at the line of scrimmage

Got on the podium yesterday and NEGLECTED to talk about the 2 remaining time outs. Man are you kidding me?
What was he going to do with that extra minute? Teach the backup DLs and LBs how to tackle?

We lost 'cos we're still not a talented team, 8+ starters sat out and Dawson (or Mario) went conservative when we went ahead. Focusing on the Timeouts is asinine.

Advertisement
I like Mario. I believe he will get us there. His game day approach will improve. My question is this... Why with the last however many coaches, and it's not just Mario, why can't we get an OC to run something out of shotgun other than the dive? Never any creativity with the run game. Also, why have we failed to use the TEs since Richt retired? Literally utilizing the TEs open up everything. They keep LBs and Ss honest and make them stay at home. It gives our WRs more one on ones. And because the LBs and Ss have to look for everything it would open more lanes for our RBs. I just don't understand why we can't get an OC to do the basics...

What was he going to do with that extra minute? Teach the backup DLs and LBs how to tackle?

We lost 'cos we're still not a talented team, 8+ starters sat out and Dawson (or Mario) went conservative when we went ahead. Focusing on the Timeouts is asinine.

At least make a dang effort, as a coach youre the teacher and motivator. Tell me one reason why he is holding on to those timeouts? The more you make kids think, the more of a chance you have to make the make a mistake.

He’s close with Mario so he’s not going to bury him. Mario will acquire talent but as with every single team around 30% of that talent will leave regardless of what happens with the portal.

He’s a bad coach plain and simple on the field. He's also the most fake macho guy of all time and I doubt he changes his ways because of that. He hired a B- OC in Dawson and an A DC in Guidry. He has to upgrade his staff at TE and DB and work on his clock management skills something fierce, which he won’t.
Thanks for your opinion!

I like Pate but he is being generous, if Mario continues to show he can't be a decent game day coach, the top recruits won't want to play here. We will always recruit well because of his effort on the trail and our deep NIL wallet. Other programs will continue to negative recruit us until we change this stigma.
It's simple, really. What top portal players are going to say, "I want to play for Mario Cristobal, because he puts his players in position to look good, and ups their draft status!"? What top high school recruits are going to stick around 3,4 years, waiting for Mario to learn how to coach?

It's simple, really. Top players are learning that Xs and Os coaches make them look good. The portal will make **** sure talent leaves inept coaching staff. This does not bode well for Mario.

Mario will get some talent, certainly, but the toothpaste is out of the tube, and it aint going back in. Even when he gets that talent, it's not going to do as well here under him as we all hope.

Game day coaching will draw the better talent from this point on. It's a different game than it was 20+ years ago.

Advertisement
I like Mario. I believe he will get us there. His game day approach will improve. My question is this... Why with the last however many coaches, and it's not just Mario, why can't we get an OC to run something out of shotgun other than the dive? Never any creativity with the run game. Also, why have we failed to use the TEs since Richt retired? Literally utilizing the TEs open up everything. They keep LBs and Ss honest and make them stay at home. It gives our WRs more one on ones. And because the LBs and Ss have to look for everything it would open more lanes for our RBs. I just don't understand why we can't get an OC to do the basics...
We called for Lane and if we had him, you would
Not be asking this question….😊👍

Advertisement
Back