Latest Pate Miami Take

Advertisement
I like Pate but he is being generous, if Mario continues to show he can't be a decent game day coach, the top recruits won't want to play here. We will always recruit well because of his effort on the trail and our deep NIL wallet. Other programs will continue to negative recruit us until we change this stigma.

He’s close with Mario so he’s not going to bury him. Mario will acquire talent but as with every single team around 30% of that talent will leave regardless of what happens with the portal.

He’s a bad coach plain and simple on the field. He's also the most fake macho guy of all time and I doubt he changes his ways because of that. He hired a B- OC in Dawson and an A DC in Guidry. He has to upgrade his staff at TE and DB and work on his clock management skills something fierce, which he won’t.

I like Pate but he is being generous, if Mario continues to show he can't be a decent game day coach, the top recruits won't want to play here. We will always recruit well because of his effort on the trail and our deep NIL wallet. Other programs will continue to negative recruit us until we change this stigma.
And that will dry up at some point if the results don't improve. Even wealthy people don't like to continuously throw their money away and will expect a better return.

Advertisement
I’m going to bet in a couple years when Mario gets this thing cooking he’s going to look back and say he was allocating too much time to recruiting / talent acquisition vs focusing on game planning / coaching.

He really needs to figure out the clock management and situational football, but if he can win conference titles and 10 + games at Oregon he’s going to do it here

I’m going to bet in a couple years when Mario gets this thing cooking he’s going to look back and say he was allocating too much time to recruiting / talent acquisition vs focusing on game planning / coaching.

He really needs to figure out the clock management and situational football, but if he can win conference titles and 10 + games at Oregon he’s going to do it here
Riddle me this – how does somebody who’s been in football for over 40 years and that even the biggest idiot on this website knows better when a time out should be called suddenly learn time management.

Advertisement
Riddle me this – how does somebody who’s been in football for over 40 years and that even the biggest idiot on this website knows better when a time out should be called suddenly learn time management.
It’s the question I’ve been asking myself all season. It’s very concerning. I’m going off of hope. For all of Mario’s faults he does a decent job identifying and addressing weakness so maybe they make adjustments this offseason by bringing someone in or something.

Got on the podium yesterday and NEGLECTED to talk about the 2 remaining time outs. Man are you kidding me?
Its literally not important to him, he has been a head coach for many years already. Its not something important to him and he obviously sees no value in it. Just grind recruiting and run up behind a cristobal and everything will work out brother!

Advertisement
We will be better next year. The question is, how much better?

Assuming we land Ward or a decent QB, I do think our recruiting will begin to push us over the hump in some games.

We have to win at least 9-10 games to keep this train moving.
10. The goal was 10 for Manny ******* Diaz, so the goal is 10 for Mario. Period. With Cam ******* Ward...less than 10...lord above...

I’ll take that bet.

Not because I want to be right, but because Mario hasn’t shown me that he or his staff have any semblance of self scouting, or self awareness to evolve and improve

Advertisement
He’s close with Mario so he’s not going to bury him. Mario will acquire talent but as with every single team around 30% of that talent will leave regardless of what happens with the portal.

He’s a bad coach plain and simple on the field. He's also the most fake macho guy of all time and I doubt he changes his ways because of that. He hired a B- OC in Dawson and an A DC in Guidry. He has to upgrade his staff at TE and DB and work on his clock management skills something fierce, which he won’t.
I'd take it a step further. He really needs to have a coming of Jesus moment and hire an OC that can utilize the personnel that we have and runs a more updated offense. And with that being said, Mario needs to stay out of that OC's way and focus on being a CEO.

It’s the question I’ve been asking myself all season. It’s very concerning. I’m going off of hope. For all of Mario’s faults he does a decent job identifying and addressing weakness so maybe they make adjustments this offseason by bringing someone in or something.
Except this long standing issue

season 1 friends GIF

Most coaches are very stupid people when it comes to this! I’m not making an excuse but i can tell you Andy Reid is a tard and Mike Tomlin is a complete tard w timeouts and clock management and when to go for it v when to punt!

**** i will take it a step farther, these guys are so stupid that at times they won’t get their best player the ball for 3-4 series or a quarter or two…its mind boggling to me as I watch it.

In NFL Shanahan and McVay are guys that are exception not the norm.

Advertisement
Back