Latest on Phillips

Advertisement
Get Phillips in here ASAP. Unless he has an injury that totally disqualifies him from playing like Malek Young, sign him. He’s got the sort of ability you take a chance on even if it’s a long shot. We’re never at 85 anyway.

It’s sounds like they want him to wait and enroll later as an 2020 member since he may have to sit out a year for health reasons. Diaz is playing chess here. We will need him in 2020 once Garvin and Hill go pro.

Advertisement
It’s sounds like they want him to wait and enroll later as an 2020 member since he may have to sit out a year for health reasons. Diaz is playing chess here. We will need him in 2020 once Garvin and Hill go pro.
As long as they’re 100% sure he’s coming regardless, then go ahead and play chess. But if we’re playing chess and Phillips is playing “I want to sign somewhere now”, then I’m gonna bust someone’s jaw. We can’t get cute and lose this dude.

Advertisement
Advertisement
They started as true frosh. These guys all have experience and are grown men. It’s a completely different situation.
finley can do what zack does. the key will be developing replacements for mike and shaq.

why do people assume garvin is gone?

Advertisement
So why do you want a guy who plays with non instincts? The most important trait a LBer needs?
I haven't watched this guy's tape, wasn't necessarily talking about him. Just saying we do need more LBs and he was a 4*. That doesn't mean he wasn't mis evaluated but players can be completely different in various schemes.

Advertisement
Back