Last time Miami played in Dallas....

Disgusting display of sportsmanship that day by the Canes. Half the team should have been in Dallas central lockup after the game. Pull that on Sunday and the LSU fans in the stands will simply come down to the field and take out the trash.

1535438736064.gif

Advertisement
I am in that picture!!! Absolute dominance from start to finish. Game was lopsided it got boring and we had to content ourselves with Sebastian pretending to try to sneak up on the Longhorn with a branding iron .... BEVO's handlers snapped his reins/ropes and he jumped up ready for business. Jon Routh took off like a scalded cat.

200 penalty yards will tend to keep the score down. If the refs hadn't been so flag-happy the Canes probably would've at least cracked 70.

It's fun to talk about, but anyone expecting anything like that in Dallas again is in for a disappointment. That was a one-off. It will never be repeated.
Oh no. Miami earned all those flags, and that's what made it so glorious.

Disgusting display of sportsmanship that day by the Canes. Half the team should have been in Dallas central lockup after the game. Pull that on Sunday and the LSU fans in the stands will simply come down to the field and take out the trash.
You obviously don't remember the trash talk coming from Texas the weeks before the game was played. Texas got EXACTLY what they deserved.

I was at the Peach Bowl when we got stomped 40-3 by these guys so a reversal on national TV from Dallas would be oh so sweet.

Advertisement
I was at the 91" Cotton Bowl. Froze my *** off. The opening KO ended the game when Robert Bailey decapitated Chris Samuels. Russell Maryland and the DL destroyed the TexaSS OL.

202 yards in Cane penalties. They didn't care. Dallas sportswriter said the penalty flags on the field looked like yellow daffodils.

Advertisement
Funny...and who coached our defensive line in that game?

Ed Orgeron.Actually, I think he was a grad assistant under Bob Karmelowicz. Orgeron was a badass DL coach, developed Sapp when he took over from Bob.

Like to see the tiger cubs quit like the shorthorns did.
I don't expect it. Not an Orgeron-coached team. I don't expect them to be soft like Texas. I remember Ed from his days at the U. He might not be a good head coach, but I'd be surprised if LSU is soft.

Last edited:
Advertisement
Bumping this...Anybody have the 30 for 30 The U segment on this game? That was an absolute classic synopsis.

That was the first game I remember watching from start to finish.

The team had swagger and personality to say the least. A main reason why I fell in love with the Program was that Cotton Bowl.

Advertisement
Give it a try cajun boy.

Central lockup for showboating and taunting? I know a racist dog whistle when I see it.

Advertisement
Back