Last night

Status
Not open for further replies.
I couldn’t sleep. So around 3am, I started to read the board and decided to look at the banned list to see who was banned, who banned them, and for what reason were they banned. Stupid, I know, but I was bored.

Andrew banned Jesus for “impersonating the Son of God”.

It made me laugh. View attachment 141430
How do you find the banned list?

Advertisement
angry hilary duff GIF by TV Land

Advertisement
Advertisement
Not true. At the incarnation, Jesus took upon a human nature which was added to his divine. Jesus maintained all of his divine attributes while on earth including his omnipresence.
Not sure I can agree. Upon taking on human nature God had to limit himself in some regard, including, eventually suffering and death. Being embodied he had to be limited to time and location as well. Omnipresence implies being everywhere at the same time, even the far reaches of this universe. There is no indication I am aware of where Jesus had that attribute while he lived as a human on earth.

Advertisement
Not sure I can agree. Upon taking on human nature God had to limit himself in some regard, including, eventually suffering and death. Being embodied he had to be limited to time and location as well. Omnipresence implies being everywhere at the same time, even the far reaches of this universe. There is no indication I am aware of where Jesus had that attribute while he lived as a human on earth.
When we think of omnipresence, we immediately assume a bodily, physical presence. But that is not the way that Scripture speaks of omnipresence. If just one of God’s attributes are present in a place, He is said to be there. In Matthew 8:5-13, Jesus heals a Centurion’s servant without being bodily present. That’s a revelation of Jesus’ omnipresence; he was “present to heal the servant” without having/needing to be physically present.

When Jesus took upon a he human nature, He didn’t cease to be God. Now, there are some limits to the human nature obviously but not according to the divine nature. I suggest that you look into terms like homoousios which describe the dual nature aspect of Jesus and how they relate. Once at the incarnation, Jesus remains both God and man for all eternity.

Advertisement
Status
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
Back