Last Nerve IV: Head to Head against PSU

In all honesty what dude every left Florida and went to penn st and was drafted let alone had a successful football career?

Advertisement
Also being from the area, that was one of my favorite beatdowns........... and it was the game where they were honoring Adam Talifero (not sure on spelling), who had a terrible injury to cut his career short. And the starting QB was from my HS and he was friends with my roomate. Ragged him all summer before that game. He did not last a quarter and never played QB again.

One thing I can not lie about is the crowds. Alot of my friends went there, so I still will tag along to some games. There white out is a sight to see in person. Still despise PedU.

FSU, PSU, Fla, OSU, and ND all have a special hate from me!
yeah ive been to white outs. insane atmosphere. i have to give them that. as much as it pains me.

I see no lies told though.

Franklin is a superior coach to what we’ve had in the last 15 years.

They evaluate extremely well and develop.

Would be nice to watch Manny fall on his face there, but Franklin’s recruiting will mask a lot of Mannys shortcomings as a DC
What’s funny is that Franklin is an 8-4 season from being on the hot seat. He hasn’t lived up to jack there. Last season bought him some more time because fans were getting restless. Curious to see what happens if they fail to make some noise this year.

Advertisement
What’s funny is that Franklin is an 8-4 season from being on the hot seat. He hasn’t lived up to jack there. Last season bought him some more time because fans were getting restless. Curious to see what happens if they fail to make some noise this year.
Franklin & Mario are pretty similar coaches. Both elite recruiters. Both iffy on in game decisions & x's & o's.

Advertisement
When I first saw this twitter thread, thought this PSU recruiting feed was delusional almost at Gator Tears level of delusion. However, after seeing the PSU writer CB Deryc Plazz to PSU, there may be some grains of truth mixed in with the delusion. At this point, I'm not sure if this thread will morph into PSU Tears or Last Nerve IV. We'll see how June unfolds

RecruitPositionCommitingSchoolComment
Chance RobinsonWRApril 14Miami
Jerrae "Tank" HawkinsWRJune 26
Peter GonzalezWR
Kaj SandersSMiami OV cancelled?
Deryc PlazzOTPSU CB (7 confidence)
Chris ColeLB
Liam AndrewsOTPSU recruiting as a DT??
T.A. CunninghamDTDidn't know they were considering him
Jon MitchellCBPSUChose to play for Many
Antoine Belgrave-ShorterCBPSUChose to play for Many

Aye…. @TrumpyCane, I gotta lil job for ya, mane! Get dis fool.

Whats surprising about it?

They have 2 south florida coaches on staff and a third a UF gator alumni. Thats 3 florida rooted coaches on staff right there off the bat
Seider is the guy I always wanted, not only cuase he's a great recruiter; but also to debilitate them.

Advertisement
Advertisement
Great recruiter.

Average game day coach.

For an offensive coach, he's not great at developing QBs or having his own scheme. He's churned through various OCs in recent years because of it. Now he has 2 stud RBs to go with a stud LT and a young QB in Allar. We'll see what he can do with it.

Not for the kids.
Screenshot_20230604_092437_Chrome.jpg

His last contact extension was extremely coach friendly regarding his buyout. It's almost cost prohibitive to fire him until about 2028. I believe it's $7M x years left on contract, which runs through 2031. On the flip side if he leaves State Penn after this season his buyout to the university is only $2M, then drops to $1M in 2026.

Advertisement
Back