Tears Last Nerve III: Head to Head Against Deion (was Neon Deion Coaching Megathread)

Any pretense that this is Deion emptying the trash is now gone. Yet another 2023 portal transfer hand picked by Deion is transferring out before playing a single game. This time a former Lizard.

Arizona kid eckhardt too

Advertisement
Deion is purging as much of the 1-11 team as possible. No shame in that. Sometimes it's easier to just start over. If they win 4-5 games this year it will be a huge deal. Colorado has been apocryphal since they joined the PAC 12, perhaps even the Big 12. Nothing has been working trying it the traditional way. This is definitely a social experiment. Between NIL, transfer portal and the amount of revenue in Power 5 college football nowadays have no doubt this is a business. If you are not performing, you won't be around long. Deion is on the clock, the kids are on the clock, everyone involved in big time college athletics in on the clock. He's doing it his way so his way better work. Otherwise, bad preachers end up with empty pulpits.

Deion is purging as much of the 1-11 team as possible. No shame in that. Sometimes it's easier to just start over. If they win 4-5 games this year it will be a huge deal. Colorado has been apocryphal since they joined the PAC 12, perhaps even the Big 12. Nothing has been working trying it the traditional way. This is definitely a social experiment. Between NIL, transfer portal and the amount of revenue in Power 5 college football nowadays have no doubt this is a business. If you are not performing, you won't be around long. Deion is on the clock, the kids are on the clock, everyone involved in big time college athletics in on the clock. He's doing it his way so his way better work. Otherwise, bad preachers end up with empty pulpits.
He’s had at least four players that transferred to him now re-enter, not including some high school commits that are backing out and also hitting the portal. Then there’s the actual talented kids that are leaving.

He’s purging yes, but he’s also seeing it blow up in his face for the time being. Let’s see how he responds.

Rats are bailing off the ship while there's time. And its fitting that the last rat off the sinking ship was a former Gate.

Abandon Ship GIF

Never seen a coach so full of himself.

Making matters worse is his 'earn everything' bull**** as his son is gifted the starting QB position.

He's going to crash and I'm all here for it.
That’s exactly what I was going to say. Like how you fix your lips to say some **** like this?

Your son was named the starting QB without a practice.

The media has really given him a lot of passes because of the showmanship.

Advertisement
- Cameras are common in the facility at practice, documenting the program for an upcoming reality show and a variety of YouTube channels that cover the program and players within it.

Added one player who is transferring and asked not to be identified so that he wouldn’t have trouble finding a new school: “Wherever the camera’s at, that’s where Deion is.”
I hate to ask this, but how likely is it that the cameras caught some or all of the players that were being cut, for broadcasting on the Prime Years: Season 1 documentary (or whatever else that they call it)?

I think Deion truly thinks he will get whoever/whenever in most cases and he has 2 solid Coordinators and they will start to out talent most teams and in 3-4 years he’s winning 8-9 and he bounces for a big time job

I think he’s back on TV in five years acting like this all never happened when he crashes and burns
What are the factors that will drive recruits to Colorado? Facilities? Preparation for the NFL, particularly if you are not a cornerback or safety? Colorado's rich history of competition in the PAC-12 (or what's left of it)?

It's not the same as what he had to sell in Jackson State, where he won by building a mini-Alabama that could out talent everyone.

One thing will be clear. He can't say that he inherited a 1-11 roster, because less than 20 of those players remain. He's flipped almost the entire team. It's his team with his players, right now.

That’s exactly what I was going to say. Like how you fix your lips to say some **** like this?

Daddy Ball.

Make no mistake, this will end terribly. Paper Champs. Colorado Bluffalos... but the plan kind of worked tbh. No other move would've gotten them so much exposure...

Advertisement

That irked me as well.

You really think he’s purging that many players before he gets to summer? Really?

Advertisement
If this is true I'm laughing at Deion's thought process and culture he's trying to build. I get brining in your own guys...

But cutting guys that can play a little and are willing to be loyal to the program for some kid that's already dipped from one school isn't a good idea. Building a house of cards at best with a bunch of kids that quit, jump ship, and want to be a part of his little documentary stuff he's got going on. I've never been so sure that what I'm seeing is going to fail.

He's treating the program as a minor league football business. Zero loyalty in either direction. It's mercenary, coin operated.

Whether it works or not, losing 49 kids through the portal, leaving only 18 scholarship kids, it will be his team from the start. They were 1-11 in 2022, so it will be very hard to get any worse than they were. Portal will speed up the transition from one coach to another, but will also take away that 3-4 year grace period coaches get to turn things around.

Never seen a coach so full of himself.

Making matters worse is his 'earn everything' bull**** as his son is gifted the starting QB position.

He's going to crash and I'm all here for it.
all the old schools canes were about The U. that's what made it special. deon is always about deon.

Advertisement
I dont think him trying to clean the roster is the worst thing, I think it seems like he isn't a real coach. He recruited well at an FCS school and gives good speeches but he has to prove he can coach.

Gonna be hilarious when Corch Grime has to throw his assistants under the bus. Wasn't an issue at his previous level because he could out-talent most of his competition. He'll need a new scapegoat at this level and blaming "old" mentalities and culture won't exactly work if he's purging all the kids that were already on the roster.
And if he starts throwing coaches under the bus, what high level coach is going to want to be under him. If he can’t get top coaches, NIL is weird, can he continuously attract elite kids to beat USC, Oregon, etc? Is his name enough to sustain a power 5 program at an elite level? I could easily see this imploding very ugly.

Advertisement
Back