Tears Last Nerve III: Head to Head Against Deion (was Neon Deion Coaching Megathread)

Serious question. What’s their roster numbers now?

They had 83 scholarship last season, lost 63 now (1 more today). 20 left from last year. Class of 25 in ‘22. They’re at ~42 players without portal adds. Anyone have any idea how many transfers they’ve grabbed? Anything less than 35 or so and

Mack Brown UNC is getting up there for me
I've always hated that obese ****.

Advertisement
IMG_3387.jpeg

IMG_2659.jpeg

They were 1-11 last year...

Seems a bit insecure to slam dunk on literally the worst team in CFB that’s not even in our conference.

Where’s all the venom for a real threat to Miami like UGA, FSU, UNC etc..?

I don’t think it’s that deep. And I doubt anyone thinks CU is a threat to Miami today outside the occasional DB “with a single mom, who is tryna save moms” that we want going to him.

This is a Miami CFB forum but also a forum to talk about all things CFB through a Miami centric lens.

This is the biggest story in CFB this week. Everyone is talking about it.

Plus factor in that he poached a 5* from us, is an FSU alum and in general is a polarizing figure…

It makes total sense that people want to see him fail miserably regardless of what CU’s record was prior to his arrival or how talent deficient they were.

I saw he’s not releasing kids’ film from last season if they go in the portal? 😂 And all these guys are in the portal including Coach Joe’s nephew, Oakie, who @Samoan Souljah coached and said has a good head on his shoulders. It looks like a bad situation - really toxic. I don’t know how he can succeed based on what we’re seeing.
If they get 3 wins I'll be shocked.... No way a team coming off a 1-11 season with a first time P5 Coach, first time P5 QB( Coaches son) and complete roster turnover can succeed first year....
Deion is gonna get the reality check of a lifetime this coming season... Their schedule is brutal....

Advertisement
A grown *** man referring to another 50 + year old man as “ coach Prime “ might be the weirdest thing I’ve seen lol. Everything about this reality show which is Colorado football is perfect for 2023. The Kardashians of coaching would’ve been more fitting. I will say when this things crashes it’s going to be much watch Tv. Eastbound and down part II “ the coaching edition “

Last edited:
Advertisement
We have Noles on our staff & are currently recruiting a Nole player in the Portal.

If it was just because he was a Nole I don’t think people would really be this invested.

What’s driving it is more than that IMO, it’s just people have to couch it behind the Nole thing, which is fine, I just pointed out the inconsistencies.

People should have just as much vitriol for a team that has beaten the Dogsh*t out of us on the field for the last 4 years & has a POS HC like Mack Brown & should have vitriol for a team that cuts every corner, has the system rigged in their favor & has a POS Redneck HC like Kirby who has taken recruits from us for years, but alas..
I think the dislike is the arrogant bravado he presents as a coach. Even a coach who has won championships doesn't act like him. He's won 2 HBCU SWAC titles with D-1 players. It would have been interesting if his team would have played in the FCS playoffs.

My dislike peaked when he had a YouTube video doing his "Prime" dance and bragging that he was about to take a big time commitment away from another school.

Days later McClain decommited from Miami.

All is fare in love and war, but a grown man a few years older than me acting that way made me cringe.

So, it's a complete reality TV show. You either love it or you hate it

Really odd. We've all been saying he gets at least a few years. But by outside appearances this is one, ugly, start, to his tenure. It won't be easy to spin the optics of two off-seasons in a row like this without building some success on the field. I predict without wins by year two, that this could go toxic sooner than later.
All the antics will get old quickly for Colorado fans without wins in their pockets.

A grown *** man referring to another 50 + year old man as “ coach Prime “ might be the weirdest thing I’ve seen lol. Everything about this reality show which is Colorado football is perfect for 2023. The Kardashians of coaching would’ve been more fitting. I will say when this things crashes it’s going to be much watch Tv. Eastbound and down part II “ the coaching edition “
They are the Bishop Sycamore of college football

If they get 3 wins I'll be shocked.... No way a team coming off a 1-11 season with a first time P5 Coach, first time P5 QB( Coaches son) and complete roster turnover can succeed first year....
Deion is gonna get the reality check of a lifetime this coming season... Their schedule is brutal....

11 P5 teams plus Colorado State. 9 conference games.

I see another 1-11 season.

Advertisement
Advertisement
When it blows, he might be the first ever coach to refuse taking the field at half time

You know teams will want to destroy Colorado just to make Deion STFU!
A lot of money to be made with spread early in the season!

When that thing crashes it will crash hard. Deion will place all of the blame on the school and the players , and all of his grown man fanboys will believe him.

Advertisement
Back