Tears Last Nerve III: Head to Head Against Deion (was Neon Deion Coaching Megathread)

Maybe it will be that Deion does with CB what USC did in the mid 2000s with HBs, where they had 9 five star running backs. Each one sure that they would be the next Reggie Bush.

And then all of the top cornerbacks look around at each other after a year and realize…wait a minute, we can’t all be starters!

Advertisement
Deions class so far is extremely skewed too...the transfer portal he is 4 because he has so many. If you went off rating they'd be around 25...and without Hunter they'd be more like 40.

Their high school class has McClain, 3 four stars, then 15 3 stars. So if he is truly a developer of talent he can prove it quick with all those 3 stars and 23 portal kids who other than Hunter are castoffs.

Yea but Kevin Coleman did not live up to the hype
His career is far from over (I didn’t watch JSU games). The WRs who produced more than him were 2 seniors and a junior.

I do want to add that Coleman isn’t even a deion player anymore. Who cares if he gets guys for one season. That’s fools gold.

I think it is a major yellow flag that his second biggest recruit didn’t follow him to Colorado.

OP updated, both in Jalewis Solomon (24 ATH) final schools. @Memnon says he projects best at CB so no shock that Deion is after him.

OP updated, both in Jalewis Solomon (24 ATH) final schools. @Memnon says he projects best at CB so no shock that Deion is after him.

For the record, a lot of teams are recruiting him at BOTH WR & CB.

It’s just my opinion that he would make for an Elite CB in college, but he may very well be recruited & sign with whichever team as a WR.

Advertisement
For the record, a lot of teams are recruiting him at BOTH WR & CB.

It’s just my opinion that he would make for an Elite CB in college, but he may very well be recruited & sign with whichever team as a WR.

I can’t document this, and I’m too lazy to anyway, but if you do the analysis, you’re going to max out higher as an NFL cornerback then you will as a wide receiver. More demand and higher pay. Unless someone can prove me wrong.

Hopefully that's true.
Mind you, we're likely to end up on the curb next to Deion in a couple of days. But for now, he's there by himself. And there's always the possibility that Mario does the unlikely and pulls the rabbit out of a hat.

Last edited:
Advertisement
Interesting, Deion going after Mater Dei OL now. Still not clear to me if he's doing real evals or just going down the list of 5* and then 4* players. First OL we're head to head against.

Deion kicked to the curb: Bufs didn't make the cut for Harbor's final 5.

College Football GIF by Aflac Duck

His career is far from over (I didn’t watch JSU games). The WRs who produced more than him were 2 seniors and a junior.

I do want to add that Coleman isn’t even a deion player anymore. Who cares if he gets guys for one season. That’s fools gold.

I think it is a major yellow flag that his second biggest recruit didn’t follow him to Colorado.

Who is to say he was invited to Colorado? It can go both ways.

Advertisement
Deion is not doing any Evals. Deion does locker room speeches, talks to recruits on campus and gameday
Bufs pick up commit from OL Talan who was offered after Deion got there. They aren't just offering 4* and 5* kids. That being said, we never offered, but Rasta and crew just did a profile on him and I added to the 2024 OL board thread this morning prior to the commit so he was on the CIS radar if not Marios radar. Doesn't count either way for the purposes of this thread tracker but informational nonetheless.

I don’t think it’s a red flag. Especially since KC has a reputation of doing things his own way. Wasn’t his commitment a shock to JSU? Anyway he had a good freshman year. I think he was Conference newcomer of the year. At JSU, Sanders distributed the ball evenly among his Wr. Whereas any other place Coleman could have doubled his total. I can see UL selling him on being the primary focus. With Sanders throwing him the ball he was sharing targets.

Advertisement
Deion is not doing any Evals. Deion does locker room speeches, talks to recruits on campus and gameday
Deion is like that lawyer who wants you to dial all 9's (those living in SC know who George Sink is) to get in touch with his law firm. But he's just a salesman, and you don't find out that he doesn't actually try cases until after you've signed.

That's Deion. He's the salesman who gets them on campus. But they don't find out that he's only a salesman who just gives locker room speeches and doesn't actually coach or do evals, until after they've signed.

Deion is like that lawyer who wants you to dial all 9's (those living in SC know who George Sink is) to get in touch with his law firm. But he's just a salesman, and you don't find out that he doesn't actually try cases until after you've signed.

That's Deion. He's the salesman who gets them on campus. But they don't find out that he's only a salesman who just gives locker room speeches and doesn't actually coach or do evals, until after they've sign
Omg….anytime I’m on 95 I see those Sink Signs(and South of the Border of course)

The moment I heard that Antoine Jackson wanted out of his NLI, I wondered if Deion was back channeling. Didn't say anything cause it was only a gut feeling w/no evidence, but @RVACane openly speculated about it last night and now the media is reporting the possibility.

IF this is true, very low class move here by Deion. However, I will reserve further commentary until more facts are available.

Advertisement
Back