Tears Last Nerve III: Head to Head Against Deion (was Neon Deion Coaching Megathread)

As others have stated, Antoine Jackson was being courted by Deion

Also, cormani is a corner. Id venture to say that we probably aren’t too worried about Colorado stealing any OL recruits from us so the whole thing is out of context and irrelevant

This thread is just a summation of the ppl on here that love Deion

Advertisement
Interesting to see who else emerges as kryptonite to Mario. If Deion does end up at FSU then there’s pretty much no reason to have him as HC. Clearly it’s a mismatch.
Last time I checked, Superman wasn't batting 50% against Kryptonite. Sample size way to small to draw any conclusions. This story is evolving significantly the more I dig into it.

Advertisement
Last time I checked, Superman wasn't batting 50% against Kryptonite. Sample size way to small to draw any conclusions. This story is evolving significantly the more I dig into it.
He was at the school for 5 minutes before the article with Fletcher was published. Give him a whole year at CU before you start calling it a win for Mario.

Third thread in a series of schools we thought were a recruiting joke, but folk aren't laughing anymore as they're serious competition.

over it innocentonfox GIF by Fox TV

Deon and the Buffs are the flavor of the day and we're now going head to head with them (and MSU) for a lot of recruits now. From what @Cribby has mentioned in other threads, the Colorado NIL is no joke (unlike UF and FSU) so its not just Deon recruiting with no money behind him.

Deon has irritated me for a long time. Didn't like his flash over substance at FSU

The old school Canes put him in place after they begged for Miami. Hoping Mario will do the same 30 years later.

Current score:

Deon: 2
Mario: 2

2022 Battles

• Deon swoops in and steals Kevin Coleman from Mario at the last second

2023 Battles

• Deon tried to flip Antoine Jackson and was sent packing
  • Deion tried to flip Mark Fletcher and failed.
  • Deon swoops in and flips 5* Cormani McClain from Miami.

2024 Battles

• Justin Scott (both in Top 10)
  • KJ Bolden (both in Top 15)

But did Flo predict this?

It will be glorious watching the PAC 12 run train on the buffs again this year.

I wonder if Pee-onn finally blew Satan in order to get that AFLAC blue jacket.

Important to put Deon's Ls out there so that there's not this misconception that he can't lose. The man can lose and has many times before. Remind people, put it on social media. In an age where the average teenager's short term memory rivals that of a bee, I say put all that **** out there. But no doubt, Deon is the flavor de jour for now.

Advertisement
Keep doing your thing @lindend. I love the people saying he is going to lowly Colorado like it’s some DII program. **** changes in College Football. As a child, I remember Colorado being a very competitive program. Oklahoma would lose to Nebraska every year, Florida would beat Georgia, and nobody could beat Miami. Teams rise and fall. Colorado can easily rise again. Deion was a good hire for them. He is a great recruiter. Not sure why people deny that or are sleeping on him. Wake up, these kids are buying what he is selling.

Listen man...yall need to respect thy enemy. The hubris of our fans.

Deion Sanders sniped us for a second time, just in case last year's "just because I could" shot across the bow didn't wake you up.
****'em!!! Sick of this "Coach Prime" BS already!!!

He got D-1 kids to play against lower FCS talent.

He hasn't done anything on the field as a coach. He can coach CBs, but can he build a program to compete at the P5 level as the head coach?

The coach shouldn't make himself bigger than the logo. Forget all that "Coach Prime' garbage. Makes me wanna puke when I hear the media plays into it.

Let's see what he does at the P5 level.

Advertisement
Keep doing your thing @lindend. I love the people saying he is going to lowly Colorado like it’s some DII program. **** changes in College Football. As a child, I remember Colorado being a very competitive program. Oklahoma would lose to Nebraska every year, Florida would beat Georgia, and nobody could beat Miami. Teams rise and fall. Colorado can easily rise again. Deion was a good hire for them. He is a great recruiter. Not sure why people deny that or are sleeping on him. Wake up, these kids are buying what he is selling.
Deon Sanders hasn't done anything on the field as a coach to deserve this hype!!! If not for his football celebrity, he'd be an unknown JAG coach until proven otherwise. He wouldn't even be a head coach in college football. That's 100% real.

If he succeeds, then more power to him.

Best thing is we blew up their surprise on purpose. F him, his pig mom, and Deion for trying to troll. Makes me love our all new recruits that much more. NIL is a blessing and a major curse at the same time.

I agree with most of that.

As for a good hire, time will tell. It's certainly a flashy hire.

I haven't paid any attention to whatever staff he's building. That'll be key as they've gotta build thay program back up and that's always a tough job.

Colorado as a state has money and it's a destination school for a lot of kids who come from money. This day and age, money trumps all. If they can make a NIL run at whoever they want, they'll get players there.

Deion in a living room with parents and recruits carries weight. Secondary wise, he'll have an advantage over all or at least most there.

I personally don't care if they come up, but it's going to be an interesting story as it develops.

Advertisement
Advertisement
Back