Last game, next game, team character and shedding more light on Diaz

Southcane

Senior
Playing CCS yesterday was really beneficial on different levels.

1- It showed clearly that we have very talented player at vital skill positions ready for developing and proper utilization by a competent coaching staff. Any HC candidate if and when approached would want to see what he has to work with.

2- It puts more pressure IMO on Diaz when everybody sees the talent he is keeping on the bench while his team is under performing (App St.) or losing (MSU).

3- It was good to see the young players having fun and showing their talents. We need them not to lose hope and pump up their confidence even if was against inferior team.

4- Teams with strong character not only handles adversity well but more importantly handles prosperity well, not feeling too good about themselves and to celebrate their individual achievements and team win longer than the rest of the day. We will find out how will they perform after a big win, playing against a real and much tougher opponent.

5- We will know more about Diaz for those who still hold hope he will bounce back, regroup and win most if not all of the remaining games. I'm in the camp that says we have seen enough evidence of his recruiting and developing players in the last 5 years and head coaching leadership in the last 2 years to know he is not a Miami caliber HC.
We will find out very soon boys and girls.

Last edited:
Advertisement
Mack Brown exposed Mannys style of defense last year and teams are following that game plan and now without great DE teams can also go outside on us ,on offense we have enough Quality players to win except o-line which we just have not recruited well for years

Mack Brown exposed Mannys style of defense last year and teams are following that game plan and now without great DE teams can also go outside on us ,on offense we have enough Quality players to win except o-line which we just have not recruited well for years
You'd have to think that a veteran coach like Bob Shops would see what's obvious to everyone else and try to address that.

I think our problems are two fold..

**First is the issue of King being terrible this season, don't forget we had 4 turnovers against MSU. This has a snowball effect of wearing out our defense with multiple short time of possession drives on offense. Once our D wears out we start missing tackles and then it all goes downhill from there.
**Second is the younger and better players not getting enough burn. Both TVD and Garcia are much better than King at the moment, Williams is better than Hall, All the Freshman receivers are better than Wiggins and most are better than Harley. The list goes on and on but the point is why do an amazing job recruiting and then play inferior players because they are a year or two older?

If we can give real minutes to our young players and keep King on the sidelines this team can win out, it's that simple..

Advertisement
This stuff has to stop. It just has to. MUST.

Saturday showed *NOTHING*. Can you guys understand that? It showed absolutely zero. How can you possibly say it showed that the younger kids had talent? You know what it showed? That every single kid on our team is better than anyone else that was on that Middle School team we played.

Yes, the young kids looked great. But EVERYONE looked great. Cam Harris played against 3 real teams the first 3 games of the season. He had 51 touches for 208 yards. 4 yards per touch.

Against Hollywood Christian on Saturday, he had 11 touches for 183 yards. Almost 17 yards per touch. You think it's because he drank some secret stuff before the game? Or because we played a school for the blind, deaf, and dead? Come on guys, this is getting out of control. Yes, I loved what I saw from a bunch of the young kids. Yes, Mello's catch was insane no matter who it was against. But give me a break, you guys are really pulling takes out of a 69-0 win against this year's version of Savannah State. Oh, which reminds me....you guys remember who had a great game against Savannah State a few years ago and this board thought was awesome after that afternoon? I won't say his name, but it rhymes with Borenzo Bingard. How'd that work out for the young fella?

Stop this madness. We play a real football team Thursday night. And actually, one with a HORRENDOUS defense that we should be able to put up Central Connecticut State Lite numbers on. But they're at least D-1 athletes. I'm not expecting a school record on offense, of course. But if we go out and roll up 500 yards on UVA with all these young kids contributing to that, then that's something noteworthy. That's something to be excited about. That scrimmage on Saturday is not.

You'd have to think that a veteran coach like Bob Shops would see what's obvious to everyone else and try to address that.
No one’s talking about Shoop. All the focus is on Manny and rightly so. I expected to see changes on the D side with Shoop, and TRob for that matter, but somethings amiss.

No one’s talking about Shoop. All the focus is on Manny and rightly so. I expected to see changes on the D side with Shoop, and TRob for that matter, but somethings amiss.
What Would You Say You Do Here Office Space GIF

Mack holds a beachfront property in
Manny's head... Miami game week is his off week, sippin mojitos on the beach.
he has deciphered Manny's defense better than Manny himself.

Advertisement
Let's just think for a moment about the short turnaround for this game. We already know we can't scheme well against another team. We will not capitalize on the deficiencies of the other teams offense and defense during the course of the game. We won't throw in any new wrinkles to throw the team off. This is one of the real reasons why we can't beat the better team or even decent teams because every other OC and DC out schemes us. Yes I know we have the drops and missed tackles, but over all, in game adjustments, aren't made quick enough to stop the bleeding and momentum of games.

This stuff has to stop. It just has to. MUST.

Saturday showed *NOTHING*. Can you guys understand that? It showed absolutely zero. How can you possibly say it showed that the younger kids had talent? You know what it showed? That every single kid on our team is better than anyone else that was on that Middle School team we played.

Yes, the young kids looked great. But EVERYONE looked great. Cam Harris played against 3 real teams the first 3 games of the season. He had 51 touches for 208 yards. 4 yards per touch.

Against Hollywood Christian on Saturday, he had 11 touches for 183 yards. Almost 17 yards per touch. You think it's because he drank some secret stuff before the game? Or because we played a school for the blind, deaf, and dead? Come on guys, this is getting out of control. Yes, I loved what I saw from a bunch of the young kids. Yes, Mello's catch was insane no matter who it was against. But give me a break, you guys are really pulling takes out of a 69-0 win against this year's version of Savannah State. Oh, which reminds me....you guys remember who had a great game against Savannah State a few years ago and this board thought was awesome after that afternoon? I won't say his name, but it rhymes with Borenzo Bingard. How'd that work out for the young fella?

Stop this madness. We play a real football team Thursday night. And actually, one with a HORRENDOUS defense that we should be able to put up Central Connecticut State Lite numbers on. But they're at least D-1 athletes. I'm not expecting a school record on offense, of course. But if we go out and roll up 500 yards on UVA with all these young kids contributing to that, then that's something noteworthy. That's something to be excited about. That scrimmage on Saturday is not.

You don't have to play against a tough competition to show how fast you run, how accurate and how far you can throw or how tough and acrobatic you are making a one handed catch despite being mugged and blatantly interfered with. That catch cannot be defended any better. But, carry on.

Last edited:
You have to listen to shoop and trob in order for there to be any sort of difference though right? Or should there be a change just cause shells of individuals are piling up on the sideline?

Advertisement
You have to listen to shoop and trob in order for there to be any sort of difference though right? Or should there be a change just cause shells of individuals are piling up on the sideline?

@Coach Macho said it tho

Shoop and Trob are welcomed additions.

It won't mean **** in MANNYS DEFENSE if Manny doesn't use the input of said coaches.
From what we've seen so far... Manny a
Said 🖕🏿🖕🏿 to their ideas

Same as Ed Reed's situation. Just the appearance of him around.
People don't seem to understand. Mandy thinks he's the smartest person in the room. He doesn't take advice or coaching from any of these dudes. He's literally telling EVERYONE, it's his way or the highway... & Now yet again y'all see why Mandy and flake didn't want zo coming into this program. Can you imagine having one of the 3 greatest safeties in the history of the game giving you advice or telling you what's wrong & you as some *****ass film reviewer who's never played football simply shrug him off cause you know better!!! Hate may be a strong word. But FVCK if I wouldn't like to see his *****ass traded off like a kickstand throughout a ***** angels club. Him & his lisp just need to go...

Advertisement
I’ve said it many times, a manager/coach/leader is only as good as the people said person surrounds themselves with. The key is to listen to those your surrounded by and apply their ideas to strengthen the organization.

If Manny’s taking the “it’s my way or the highway” approach (and I have no reason to doubt you), then that’s utter incompetence and a death sentence to his tenure.

Let's just think for a moment about the short turnaround for this game. We already know we can't scheme well against another team. We will not capitalize on the deficiencies of the other teams offense and defense during the course of the game. We won't throw in any new wrinkles to throw the team off. This is one of the real reasons why we can't beat the better team or even decent teams because every other OC and DC out schemes us. Yes I know we have the drops and missed tackles, but over all, in game adjustments, aren't made quick enough to stop the bleeding and momentum of games.
2 weeks or even full offseasons don't help us. Maybe 5 days is the magic number.

Manny clearly isn't listening to them. He got T-Rob who specializes in press coverage and we have huge corners.....Manny plays soft *** zone. Whatever Shoop is telling him to do is being ignored as well since the d hasn't changed.

Advertisement
Back