Last Chance U - Season 4

Bobby Bruce is a mouth breather and that **** annoying af!

I love this show though I was telling my cousin how they act so childish and carefree like we did freshman and sophomore year of high school but they 1-3 years in college acting like that smh

Advertisement
in season 3 from what i saw he cant coach but won cause he can recruit, recruiting wins titles. they turned it around just cause of his recruiting

That’s the case with all the top jucos. Just bring on a bunch of D1 bounce backs and you guaranteed a 10 win season. You don’t go to juco to develop into a top player. It’s for grades and a highlight tape. You do develop physically though. Oh but you’re right. Brown can’t coach.

I was thoroughly disappointed they didn't show more of LaTonya Pinkard and some corn feed big boned Iowa beauty's. Most of the women they showed in Kansas were brutal on the eyes.

I am not gonna lie Chance Main's mom, Tiffany Main can get it.

Go Canes

tiffany-main-1235.gif

Last edited:
Exactly. Then coach Brown brings him back this season after all the team captains say they don't want him back 🤦‍♂️

Deep down, JB knew he didn't have a QB. White kid and Antoine Wright were their best two...and they are not very good.

Loved the back and forth with JB and Henry...JB would say one thing, Henry another with what was said about bringing him back and then cutting him.

With all that said...JB quit on that team right around Game 5. Fireable offense on its own.

Advertisement
Big fan of the show and coach Brown. This season was fine, just thought this was easily the weakest season overall. The team was terrible so there were no stakes and I didn’t think there were any truly intriguing player personalities aside from KD. Found my interest drifting in and out at times.

Glad they didn’t focus as much on Malik Henry, **** he is annoying.

Big weakness for me was spending so much time on Bobby Bruce. His attitude on everything is just so negative and depressing honestly.

Coach Brown is still the GOAT in terms of one liners.

“Congratulations, you just got cut on national TV” after a kid was acting up in practice had me rolling!

Roger Ebert, out

If you're invested in the football aspect, this season is not for you.

I'm a big fan of the world building they did this season. The local politics, the rigged JUCO system, and small town America takes got me hooked.

On episode six now. Feel bad for the defensive coordinator and his family. His wife is a saint for putting up with a move from UCLA to on campus housing at this place.

JB is annoying as ****. I am thrilled that he got **** canned. Dude is an average JuCo coach and thinks he is Vince Lombardi. You can see the complete disconnect between reality and his reality from his interviews and the live action clips.

Advertisement
Just finished episode 5, how do you get shutout and lose 33-0 to an 0-3 team that had been letting up around 500 yards a game and over 43 points a game. That is worse coaching then FSU. All those players are vastly overrated and the coaches should be coaching pee wee

Deep down, JB knew he didn't have a QB. White kid and Antoine Wright were their best two...and they are not very good.

Loved the back and forth with JB and Henry...JB would say one thing, Henry another with what was said about bringing him back and then cutting him.

With all that said...JB quit on that team right around Game 5. Fireable offense on its own.

I could see it if Malik was crushing it in season 3, but he was pretty mediocre. You add all the off field stuff and then the captains voting not to bring him back, it's an easy call imo. It's not a situation of a kid that made one mistake and is trying to be better. It's his general personality to be toxic, he can't help it. You knew at the first sign of trouble he would start mouthing off and that's exactly what happened.

Wright actually had decent stats compared to everyone else (in limited time) and he was the youngest QB there, surprised he didn't get more of a shot, especially when the season completely collapsed.

Chase Hildreth's throwing motion looked like he was playing darts.

Jay Jones was just awful.

I thought it was telling that ICC player Kailon Davis's dad mentioned he likes a big woman, when talking about how he got together with Davis's mom. It shows big women make big football players, lol as I have been trying to tell ya'll #BigThighsMakeBigLives .

**** even coach Kiyoshi Harris during the 1st episode player picnic comments how Kailon Davis also likes a big ole health woman.

Go Canes

Just finished episode 5, how do you get shutout and lose 33-0 to an 0-3 team that had been letting up around 500 yards a game and over 43 points a game. That is worse coaching then FSU. All those players are vastly overrated and the coaches should be coaching pee wee
It came out that everyone in the league had their offensive playbook. An ex coach put it online for sale lol. JB definitely not a great coach but this had to make things worse....

Advertisement
Has anyone binged this yet?

With the NCAA game lost to the ether, Last Chance U has been my "start" of the College Football season for now four seasons.

IMO, Season 4 is the best yet.

Not a major spoiler...but Independence CC had an absolute blood bath of a season in 2018 and the result was incredible television. Because the season stunk so bad, it took the focus away from the linear game-to-game narrative previous seasons had and they really focused on some of the larger socio-economic issues of small town America, local politics, the college football and greater JUCO system. I really thought this year's topics were able to be fleshed out a little deeper than in previous seasons and it was much better for it.

Also, the human interest element (check out Mr. Main -- surely the titular character for Springsteen's THE RIVER) is as good as its ever been.

Quite a few South Florida kids on the team...none of them are highlighted, and you'd have to bust out a magnifying glass to ever see them on film...but of note...

QB Antoine Wright (former South Miami Cobra - brother of Khaya Wright 3* DE for '20) -- you'll see him a bit here and there.
CB Dontye Carriere-Williams...you never see him, he barely played.
CB Kion Holder from Norland
WR Roy Livingstone from Northwestern

--

Also quite a few high end JUCO transfers from the 2019 cycle are on the show, but none really highlighted. #1 JUCO prospect Jermaine Johnson (Georgia), LB Kuony Deng (Cal), QB Jay Jones (former GaTech commit), Malik Henry (still a worthless bozo) among others.

Go check it out and lets talk about it in this very thread.

Oh **** Yeah! I watched last season again, because they play on my old NAIA Field in Dodge City - Man Corch Jason Brown, he's like a car accident, you can't stop watching - like some things about him, other things I cringe. But, you never know what's going to happen next.

Did you see he got arrested a few weeks back? Give it a read, he "victimized" two newspapers becuse they wrote something.
http://www.parsonssun.com/sports/article_1cb23fe8-9a0b-11e9-a18f-2769e5bc1d9e.html

Juco football is trashy as all ****.

Netflix was ridiculous tryna make anyone feel bad for Bobby Bruce. Bobby Bruce is an armed robber and a theif. Also a mediocre *** player.

JB is a goon, but all these Juco guys are basically tard wranglers.

Malik lol. This was my least favorite season. I thought the Scooba ones were more fun and interesting

Most of these kids need some kind of an adult to be real with them. Every single one thinks he's going to play professionally. There's nothing wrong with chasing a dream but the reality is, none of them is going to play in the NFL. It's kind of disturbing.

Advertisement
It came out that everyone in the league had their offensive playbook. An ex coach put it online for sale lol. JB definitely not a great coach but this had to make things worse....

I didn’t think the playbook got out till late in the season—JB didn’t start letting coaches go till late, so no one woulda had beef to put it online till then.

I didn’t think the playbook got out till late in the season—JB didn’t start letting coaches go till late, so no one woulda had beef to put it online till then.
Nah it was a coach from last season and they said the fort Scott 0-3 team had a copy...

On episode six now. Feel bad for the defensive coordinator and his family. His wife is a saint for putting up with a move from UCLA to on campus housing at this place.

JB is annoying as ****. I am thrilled that he got **** canned. Dude is an average JuCo coach and thinks he is Vince Lombardi. You can see the complete disconnect between reality and his reality from his interviews and the live action clips.

Four seasons in...one thing about every player holds true...no self awareness.

No idea why they are there and they do the absolute bare minimum to get back to major CFB. Jermaine Johnson had 6 sacks for that dog **** team and they played him all of the **** time.

#notmynumberoneJUCOprospect

small town America takes got me hooked.

Just watched the first four, **** what a disaster.

On that small town perspective, the Hutch episode was very revealing about the differences of opinion out there. There are some undertones that reach back to when I played in the 70s in the NAIA - the only brothers you ever saw back then in Western Kansas were mostly football players from Florida (Mainly Belle Glade) and regional basketball players at the Juco. Anyway it was a cultural shock for both sides. I should add that NC2A Basketball used a few JUCOs like the farm system and Dodge City was one, long before football did. DCJC back then was all Kansas kids as were most of the teams.

One of the Independence locals complained about all the out-of-state players. That's because there used to be a rule that Kansas JUCO's were limited to 12 out of state players.

Back then Kansas high school players (if any good) had an incredible opportunity to play at some level of college. Kansas is a state that has more opportunities per capita then anywhere else. There are 46 teams that play football in Kansas which has roughly the same population as the City of Chicago: NCAA 1, NCAA 2, NAIA, NJCC.

I was on one of the first NAIA teams that recruited Florida, we won a couple of titles (We actually had a JUCO All-American MLB from Hutch) . Slowly teams started reaching out to the traditional football states to recruit. Eventually someone took the JUCO 12-man out-of-state rule to court; that it was discriminatory, and won. Like the AD said. I can fill the team with Kansas kids, but wouldn't win a game...But now those rosters are filled with D-1 talent athletically.

*Finally watched it all: they get to the hard fact that sports fill those JUCOs and NAIA colleges. The NAIA has 60-65% enrollment on athletic scholarships. One of the professors in the show said most Kansas kids (Declining population) go to the small 4-year schools, not JUCOs, they don;t have the kids in the area to fill them. A board member said they have 320 beds to fill in their housing unit, and have to pay for the ones they don;t fill. Coach Brown had 200 kids there, and as he pointed out, "without these kids the teachers would have o one to teach." So those kids leave out with a lot of debt.

Last edited:
Advertisement
Back