Last Chance U - Season 4

BoxingRobes

Junior
Has anyone binged this yet?

With the NCAA game lost to the ether, Last Chance U has been my "start" of the College Football season for now four seasons.

IMO, Season 4 is the best yet.

Not a major spoiler...but Independence CC had an absolute blood bath of a season in 2018 and the result was incredible television. Because the season stunk so bad, it took the focus away from the linear game-to-game narrative previous seasons had and they really focused on some of the larger socio-economic issues of small town America, local politics, the college football and greater JUCO system. I really thought this year's topics were able to be fleshed out a little deeper than in previous seasons and it was much better for it.

Also, the human interest element (check out Mr. Main -- surely the titular character for Springsteen's THE RIVER) is as good as its ever been.

Quite a few South Florida kids on the team...none of them are highlighted, and you'd have to bust out a magnifying glass to ever see them on film...but of note...

QB Antoine Wright (former South Miami Cobra - brother of Khaya Wright 3* DE for '20) -- you'll see him a bit here and there.
CB Dontye Carriere-Williams...you never see him, he barely played.
CB Kion Holder from Norland
WR Roy Livingstone from Northwestern

--

Also quite a few high end JUCO transfers from the 2019 cycle are on the show, but none really highlighted. #1 JUCO prospect Jermaine Johnson (Georgia), LB Kuony Deng (Cal), QB Jay Jones (former GaTech commit), Malik Henry (still a worthless bozo) among others.

Go check it out and lets talk about it in this very thread.

Advertisement
Has anyone binged this yet?

With the NCAA game lost to the ether, Last Chance U has been my "start" of the College Football season for now four seasons.

IMO, Season 4 is the best yet.

Not a major spoiler...but Independence CC had an absolute blood bath of a season in 2018 and the result was incredible television. Because the season stunk so bad, it took the focus away from the linear game-to-game narrative previous seasons had and they really focused on some of the larger socio-economic issues of small town America, local politics, the college football and greater JUCO system. I really thought this year's topics were able to be fleshed out a little deeper than in previous seasons and it was much better for it.

Also, the human interest element (check out Mr. Main -- surely the titular character for Springsteen's THE RIVER) is as good as its ever been.

Quite a few South Florida kids on the team...none of them are highlighted, and you'd have to bust out a magnifying glass to ever see them on film...but of note...

QB Antoine Wright (former South Miami Cobra - brother of Khaya Wright 3* DE for '20) -- you'll see him a bit here and there.
CB Dontye Carriere-Williams...you never see him, he barely played.
CB Kion Holder from Norland
WR Roy Livingstone from Northwestern

--

Also quite a few high end JUCO transfers from the 2019 cycle are on the show, but none really highlighted. #1 JUCO prospect Jermaine Johnson (Georgia), LB Kuony Deng (Cal), QB Jay Jones (former GaTech commit), Malik Henry (still a worthless bozo) among others.

Go check it out and lets talk about it in this very thread.
Garden City Coach seems like a *******.

Garden City Coach seems like a *******.

When you look at some of the operations that some of these JUCOs run, Sims isn't bad. I'd be livid, too, if you give Brown a chance at Garden City, and then when he's on TV he says some ******* **** likely behind your back. You'd probably be ****ed, too.

To me, he looks like he runs a nice program...but he also had a kid die during two-a-days before the season. So, who knows?

He is now the head coach at Missouri Southern, which is a D2 school.

Yeah I'm a couple of hrs away from Mo Southern. I just thought it was odd how he then talks about Brown in the final episode (without giving it away)

Yeah I'm a couple of hrs away from Mo Southern. I just thought it was odd how he then talks about Brown in the final episode (without giving it away)

I saw it.

They were friends at one point. And, he probably thought Brown got a raw deal (he kind of did).

Advertisement
I watched the whole thing yesterday, those kids love wasting an opportunity, and manny should hire Coach Brown😂😂😂😂😂😂😂👀

When you look at some of the operations that some of these JUCOs run, Sims isn't bad. I'd be livid, too, if you give Brown a chance at Garden City, and then when he's on TV he says some ******* **** likely behind your back. You'd probably be ****ed, too.

To me, he looks like he runs a nice program...but he also had a kid die during two-a-days before the season. So, who knows?

He is now the head coach at Missouri Southern, which is a D2 school.
Yup a kid from Jersey

they denied the kid "water" allegedly

Advertisement
Big fan of the show and coach Brown. This season was fine, just thought this was easily the weakest season overall. The team was terrible so there were no stakes and I didn’t think there were any truly intriguing player personalities aside from KD. Found my interest drifting in and out at times.

Glad they didn’t focus as much on Malik Henry, **** he is annoying.

Big weakness for me was spending so much time on Bobby Bruce. His attitude on everything is just so negative and depressing honestly.

Coach Brown is still the GOAT in terms of one liners.

“Congratulations, you just got cut on national TV” after a kid was acting up in practice had me rolling!

Roger Ebert, out

in season 3 from what i saw he cant coach but won cause he can recruit, recruiting wins titles. they turned it around just cause of his recruiting

Big fan of the show and coach Brown. This season was fine, just thought this was easily the weakest season overall. The team was terrible so there were no stakes and I didn’t think there were any truly intriguing player personalities aside from KD. Found my interest drifting in and out at times.

Glad they didn’t focus as much on Malik Henry, **** he is annoying.

Big weakness for me was spending so much time on Bobby Bruce. His attitude on everything is just so negative and depressing honestly.

Coach Brown is still the GOAT in terms of one liners.

“Congratulations, you just got cut on national TV” after a kid was acting up in practice had me rolling!

Roger Ebert, out
kid is fuqed up upstairs

And Bruce got to be a weed head, kid looks like clay face just moping around

Advertisement
kid is fuqed up upstairs

And Bruce got to be a weed head, kid looks like clay face just moping around

Lmfao Clay face is so on the money.

Henry to me is the worst type of personality. Not only is he a ****-disturber, but then he also blames everyone but himself for his failures. To have that from your QB no less is just toxic to a program. Openly complaining about being benched after you threw 3 picks in the first half when you were supposed to play scout team all year and coach gave you a second chance is comical.

Lmfao Clay face is so on the money.

Henry to me is the worst type of personality. Not only is he a ****-disturber, but then he also blames everyone but himself for his failures. To have that from your QB no less is just toxic to a program. Openly complaining about being benched after you threw 3 picks in the first half when you were supposed to play scout team all year and coach gave you a second chance is comical.
the fuqin absolute worst team mate worst attitude, he will fail in life with that attitude. It made me think wow how many toxic kids r there in football cause after season 3 i was like wtf is this real life lol

the fuqin absolute worst team mate worst attitude, he will fail in life with that attitude. It made me think wow how many toxic kids r there in football cause after season 3 i was like wtf is this real life lol

Yep I thought the same, even made me wonder if anyone is similar to that at Miami. Wonder how much a coach is willing to put up with for a talented player.

Couldn't believe anybody took a chance on him even as a walk-on after watching that. Risking your locker room for a walk-on is crazy.

Advertisement
Yep I thought the same, even made me wonder if anyone is similar to that at Miami. Wonder how much a coach is willing to put up with for a talented player.

Couldn't believe anybody took a chance on him even as a walk-on after watching that. Risking your locker room for a walk-on is crazy.
I cant put up with a talented player like that, i may lose my job and punch him and the father right in the throat, i was shocked too. How does a coach say stop saying the N word and jawing at the other squad and he still did it. Other players began to lose respect for the HC cause Henry was above the law

I cant put up with a talented player like that, i may lose my job and punch him and the father right in the throat, i was shocked too. How does a coach say stop saying the N word and jawing at the other squad and he still did it. Other players began to lose respect for the HC cause Henry was above the law

Exactly. Then coach Brown brings him back this season after all the team captains say they don't want him back 🤦‍♂️

Bro if fsu kicked him off the team u know its bad.........from now on if someone gets kicked out fsu I know they are probably like Henry

Advertisement
Back