Lashlee was completeley overmatched by a better coach

Advertisement
I mean, this is what you're getting with Lashlee.

Our offense is improved, that is not in debate. But its not a special offense. Right now, we're at 6.14 YPP. Its good for 27th in the nation without conferences playing.

Without looking...what was SMU's YPP last year?

6.14 YPP. It was 40th in the nation.

Its an above average performing offense.

Our WRs being pretty **** bad as a collective is definitely hindering our total output, but Lashlee isn't putting them in better positions either. He's just running his ****. King is good, but he's not what you think he is, especially as a passer. Through 4 games this season, a ton of accuracy and ball placement issues and he's gravitating more toward a 60-ish percentage passer.

It is what it is.

Lets hope someone rallies the troops and we can bounce back versus Pitt next week. Its a team we should be able to beat, but its going to be a dog fight. Win or lose, Pitt has been in some games this season that test you for all four quarters.

We'll see.

He's been defrauded by the upperclassmen wrs. It's definitely Redding and Washington's time to shine. Need to start moving away from any player that was poisoned by dugans....
I keep calling him Keyshawn Smith. Lol. I’m just gonna go with Keyshawn going forward.

Watching that game it looked liked the team took the entire two weeks we had to prepare off. Neither side looked ready to play. Manny losses to bye again.
Games after bye weeks tell you a lot about your coaching. As an eagles fan we were **** near unbeatable after byes when Andy was the head coach. Belichik and saban too. If I give a good coach an extra week to prepare it’s almost not fair. Give manny an extra week.....well.....never mind.

Advertisement
Do you think not having WRs who can win one-on-one battles or an offensive line that won't be overmatched by a defense's front 7 had anything to do with it?

Yes. But the disappointing thing for me is not changing his approach and he continued to run the same type of plays, aside from a trick play, that were getting obliterated repeatedly.

Why weren't the backs included more in the passing game? Where were the crossing routes to help get their dbs off our receivers? What happened to our TEs? We knew they were going to take Brevin away. Why not get Mallory more involved?

It seemed like he was being stubborn and forcing a plan that may have looked good on paper but was not working in the actual game and did not do anything to adjust.

He seemed to do this in previous games but all of a sudden went into a shell this game. That was the most disappointing thing aside from losing.

It would have been more palatable losing if I would have at least seen these adjustments attempted.

I keep calling him Keyshawn Smith. Lol. I’m just gonna go with Keyshawn going forward.
Now you have me second guessing. You're right Keyshawn it is. Now you being a resl Canes fan from the 305. Give me some perspective...

Do you think not having WRs who can win one-on-one battles or an offensive line that won't be overmatched by a defense's front 7 had anything to do with it?
Davis and Murphy abused our interior like a 5$ Tijuana hooker. We couldn’t run anything.
Our receivers are cheeks.

Still have some growing to do. Last night was a measuring test. We're not great but we're more than decent. Need to keep developing...

Advertisement
His route concepts and game plan was absolute trash. He did nothing schematically to beat basic man coverage. This was one of the worst game plans/called games I’ve ever seen. They took away the zone read threat and he was ****ed. This is why malzahns offenses have been struggling.
Thought his time with air raid would show thru but he reverted back to his mentor Malzahn offense which has been figured out and NFL types openly say is a **** passing scheme.. Unless you have Jamarr chase that Inside zone and jumpball offense gameplan is not gonna work with Harley, pope, wiggins.. How he could not know that makes no sense. Watch clemson game and plan of attack was isolating them in the middle intermidiate by attacking their LB and safety types with our RB and TE, screens, swing pass, arrow routes behind their overload blitz, something..

Jumpball offense with harley aint gonna work against most teams, esp teams with 5 star corners that are coached up.. 2 weeks to prepare and we had no gameplan

Davis and Murphy abused our interior like a 5$ Tijuana hooker. We couldn’t run anything.
Our receivers are cheeks.
We ran into teeth of 4i tite front with Inside zone which is designed to shut that down.. with no adjustments

I give Lashlee a F for not game planning other approaches. Not sure anything would have been successful though. The OL and WRs are trash.

Advertisement
Advertisement
Back