Lashlee to SMU Done

Lotta revisionist history in here. Lol.

Wasn’t he just called, and let me not paraphrase, “asshlee” as an OC?

TVD helped him earn this job. He was on the radar early last yr, then fell completely off the map. SMU wants to keep that Dykes mentality going, except Lashlee ain’t Sony. He’s more Gus than Sonny. Anyways, good for him, but just reading some of these post be cracking me up.
The CIS way….

I wish him well. But if we are getting a new HC, this was inevitable and now he gets to run his own show. Solid all around!

Advertisement
When Diaz does get fired next week and Lash going to SMU with some of our staff rumored to go with him, would we even have a coaching staff in place to coach for a bowl game?

Mario would probably stick it out for the PAC 12 championship game and likely for a NY6 bowl game as well. I imagine Kiffin would stick with Ole Miss for a NY6 Bowl game as well if he turns out to be our guy.
Could they play against each other?? Is there a Pac12 v SEC NY6 bowl??

When Diaz does get fired next week and Lash going to SMU with some of our staff rumored to go with him, would we even have a coaching staff in place to coach for a bowl game?

Mario would probably stick it out for the PAC 12 championship game and likely for a NY6 bowl game as well. I imagine Kiffin would stick with Ole Miss for a NY6 Bowl game as well if he turns out to be our guy.
HC candidates typically leave immediately unless their teams are involved in the playoff. Believe Kirby stayed on at Bama through their championship game. Oregon and Ole Miss won't be in the playoff so high probability that Mario and Kiffin are gone before.

Assistants usually stay on and then join the HC after a bowl game so guys like Likens and Justice would be here until after

Advertisement
Meanwhile Banda and his UState defense are going to the Mountain West Championship game at 9-3.

Hmmmm.

Go Canes

Utah State is 106th in the nation in yards allowed per play at 6.14
- Last year they were 110th in the nation in yards allowed per play at 6.56
- 2 years ago they were 64th in the nation in yards allowed per play at 5.64

Let's pump the breaks before crowning Banda anything other than a good recruiter.

TVD helped him earn this job. He was on the radar early last yr, then fell completely off the map. SMU wants to keep that Dykes mentality going, except Lashlee ain’t Sony. He’s more Gus than Sonny. Anyways, good for him, but just reading some of these post be cracking me up.
100%. We’ll sure miss his run up the middle with a 180lb back for his 30th carry of the game. Trashlee was average before TVD.

But I like how this ruins the slurpers’ narrative of “keep Manny, he only needs 1 more hire at DC. The O is set!!! You need 2 hires with Mario!!!”

Utah State is 106th in the nation in yards allowed per play at 6.14
- Last year they were 110th in the nation in yards allowed per play at 6.56
- 2 years ago they were 64th in the nation in yards allowed per play at 5.64

Let's pump the breaks before crowning Banda anything other than a good recruiter.

They lead the MNW conference in Tackles for loss, that's what really matters creating those havoc plays. 😉

Stop being a hater, have a drink on the house Bsnda got this @ USU 😂

Go Canes

Advertisement
HC candidates typically leave immediately unless their teams are involved in the playoff. Believe Kirby stayed on at Bama through their championship game. Oregon and Ole Miss won't be in the playoff so high probability that Mario and Kiffin are gone before.

Assistants usually stay on and then join the HC after a bowl game so guys like Likens and Justice would be here until after

That makes sense, thank you.

Who you got in mind?
No one in particular. Big pass plays have saved us this year and our run play calling / execution has been awful.
A more balanced attack with an improved run game is imperative
All in all I think Lashlee was ok. I definitely think we can find someone better.

Last edited:
I think Rhett showed that with his ideal QB he is pretty dang good.
I'd strongly disagree there. If you're saying van dyke is his ideal QB are you also saying he prefers to throw nothing but the deep ball as a strength? Tvd throws a beautiful deep ball but has ALOT of room for growth on basically everything else... Lashlee is a power run guy who insists on tempo. He's doing everything completely out of his wheel house right now.

Advertisement
View attachment 163107

Good luck Rhett.

Do y’all still want Manny and his
82nd ranked total defense to get another year?

60th rush defense. 130th out of 130 teams in red zone defense. 107th pass defense. 91st scoring defense.

We also have the 57th ranked recruiting class.
Waiiittttt a minutttteereeeee…….

He didn’t fvking interview for the job? He’s supposed to interview for the job. Can’t be giving coaches a job without an interview.

What if there are better candidates???

*This is Sarcasm*

Last edited:
Advertisement
Looking forward to Lashlee getting to SMU and Miami hiring him as the HC 5 days later after a national search.
He has to do the presser first. That’s part of the requirement. I wonder what the buyout will be

06C2FFC2-0249-4B99-A8A1-59ED3BA3B2E4.gif

Did you expect anything less???

Advertisement
Back