Lashlee observation

DA7B4391-F251-485B-9AF6-ECB4F4E77DEC.jpeg

Advertisement
I'm thrilled overall, but in back to back weeks, he still followed up big plays with these RB dives up the middle that go no where... I want to say i saw at least 3 of them, and again, one was following a long RB play that the dude is a bit gassed....

For the guru's, is there some method to this madness? is it a setup play? to the naked eye to me it's just a momentum killer and not even strategic when using the RB twice in a row.

I'm thrilled overall, but in back to back weeks, he still followed up big plays with these RB dives up the middle that go no where... I want to say i saw at least 3 of them, and again, one was following a long RB play that the dude is a bit gassed....

For the guru's, is there some method to this madness? is it a setup play? to the naked eye to me it's just a momentum killer and not even strategic when using the RB twice in a row.

King has the option to handoff or keep it. Those "go nowhere dives" setup those huge TD's. Trust Lashlee. Trust King. Two games in and we haven't reached 3rd gear yet.

Advertisement
I just watched Roman’s breakdown on YouTube and something really jumped out me.

Three of our touchdowns that we scored in the second Half came from the trips formation and they were huge one play touchdowns.

It’s been so long since we had an OC with this type of feel for the game. Who can manipulate the defense’s coverage and then scheme 3 Easy TDs By recognizing their failure to align.

Add in the high level play design and subtle things like a guard pulling on passing play and it’s curtains.
Wait a minute, are you saying that UM had a coaching advantage on offense?
quite literally, we not made such a statement since Chud was the OC

Lashlee is incredible. That doesn’t mean every week we’re going to drop 50 burgers but he brings a modern approach to the game. You’ll see motion, RPO, read options, misdirection, etc. all while remaining physical and utilizing tempo.

You’ll see this offense continue to build out and exploit what we’ve shown on tape. Exhibit A: the TD pass to Rooster. We’ve shown QB power against UAB and a few times in the first half. He was setting that up for 6 quarters and then boom, fake the QB run and slip the lead blocker behind the defense.

Miami is fun again on offense.
We should legitimately expect to score 30 every game, save maybe Clemson

The part that stood out to me were a couple of things.

1. When we had a procedure penalty in the beginning of the game. He was all over that ref that threw the flag and you could see he was fired up and said to the ref.....basically you effed up. This is the OC!

2. I liked seeing his passion on the sidelines....got mad at someone for messing up. I could tell, he means business and there are no excuses. Who was the last coach that we had that would do that.....Butch? Once again this is the OC! He ain't playing.

I just watched Roman’s breakdown on YouTube and something really jumped out me.

Three of our touchdowns that we scored in the second Half came from the trips formation and they were huge one play touchdowns.

It’s been so long since we had an OC with this type of feel for the game. Who can manipulate the defense’s coverage and then scheme 3 Easy TDs By recognizing their failure to align.

Add in the high level play design and subtle things like a guard pulling on passing play and it’s curtains.
OP we should call him the Master Manipulator who CAN dial up speed when needed....
Talented and smart Coach....
He has just begun......................we ain't seen nothing yet....

Advertisement
Was anyone else as overly pumped as I was on Jordans long TD? I believe that was trips, the Louisville CB was screaming at the far side corner to come help as Louisville had 2 players, no safety, to try and cover 3 guys and a simple "check with me" resulted in a huge TD.

The announcers were saying how the backup QB's were going nuts to get King's attention, which they did. Cannot believe Louisville did not take a timeout but for a second I was having flashbacks of FIU stacking ten guys in the box and leaving a sole CB to cover two WR and what did enos do? Run up the middle....
Saw that too. That was on the coaches for lville. Should have called time out. Big miss.

Advertisement
I actually love the "check with me" on the college level. **** asking college kids to be Peyton Manning out there - the OC gets paid millions to be the brains of the offence.

Advertisement
That’s a fair number. Clemson and Pitt will be a good gauge as to how far we’ve come on offense.
Clemson has best DC in america, dude remakes and builds that D from ground up.. We gonna need some dudes to step the **** up outside because he will load box and put his guys on islands, we have to make him pay for that..

Maybe it will snow soon so we can see a halfback pass.

Advertisement
Back