Lashlee observation

Dghustla

Junior
I just watched Roman’s breakdown on YouTube and something really jumped out me.

Three of our touchdowns that we scored in the second Half came from the trips formation and they were huge one play touchdowns.

It’s been so long since we had an OC with this type of feel for the game. Who can manipulate the defense’s coverage and then scheme 3 Easy TDs By recognizing their failure to align.

Add in the high level play design and subtle things like a guard pulling on passing play and it’s curtains.

Advertisement
I just watched Roman’s breakdown on YouTube and something really jumped out me.

Three of our touchdowns that we scored in the second Half came from the trips formation and they were huge one play touchdowns.

It’s been so long since we had an OC with this type of feel for the game. Who can manipulate the defense’s coverage and then scheme 3 Easy TDs By recognizing their failure to align.

Add in the high level play design and subtle things like a guard pulling on passing play and it’s curtains.
My wife is a huge Taint fan and as a result I watch a **** ton of their games quietly rooting on the inside for them to **** the bed.

It would drive me crazy watching them light up opposing teams throwing to wide open players then have to watch us plod along and struggle for every yard.

Solid observation, OP. We knew Lashlee was smart, but that puts it on full display.
Was anyone else as overly pumped as I was on Jordans long TD? I believe that was trips, the Louisville CB was screaming at the far side corner to come help as Louisville had 2 players, no safety, to try and cover 3 guys and a simple "check with me" resulted in a huge TD.

The announcers were saying how the backup QB's were going nuts to get King's attention, which they did. Cannot believe Louisville did not take a timeout but for a second I was having flashbacks of FIU stacking ten guys in the box and leaving a sole CB to cover two WR and what did enos do? Run up the middle....

Great use of space and deception. You give the defense a run cue by pulling the guard and suck all the linebackers in then you drop the easiest pass ever to a wide open Rooster for the most open 75 yard touchdown you'll ever see.

It's almost like putting nothing on film besides the most basic running plays in the first game paid off in the second game.

Advertisement
Was anyone else as overly pumped as I was on Jordans long TD? I believe that was trips, the Louisville CB was screaming at the far side corner to come help as Louisville had 2 players, no safety, to try and cover 3 guys and a simple "check with me" resulted in a huge TD.

The announcers were saying how the backup QB's were going nuts to get King's attention, which they did. Cannot believe Louisville did not take a timeout but for a second I was having flashbacks of FIU stacking ten guys in the box and leaving a sole CB to cover two WR and what did enos do? Run up the middle....
Yup, when you run your offense at a snail's pace, there's not enough time on the play clock to "check with me" or audible out an an obvious negative play. It happened a million times last year.

I still think we haven't seen too much. He's not that complex, but he has way more misdirection in run game ****nal. Holding on to that so far.

I agree. He’s got a lot of formations and formations we haven’t even seen.

The great part is that now Clemson has to prepare for that.

Advertisement
My wife is a huge Taint fan and as a result I watch a **** ton of their games quietly rooting on the inside for them to **** the bed.

It would drive me crazy watching them light up opposing teams throwing to wide open players then have to watch us plod along and struggle for every yard.

I think it was last year when OSU threw a game winning TD on a passing play with a pulling guard.

Yeah I hate watching them score easy TDs too.

Advertisement
I still think we haven't seen too much. He's not that complex, but he has way more misdirection in run game ****nal. Holding on to that so far.
Interesting how ville completely sold out to stop King from running. they stacked the box with no safeties back and got torched. lashleee called the check with me but credit to the guys and king for executing.

Nowhere near . Missing that buck sweep, the counters, and we've yet to see his gimmick plays.

Thing with Lashlee tho is he might go into a game w 40 plays he wants to run but he'll abandon that and run the same 3 if hes eating on those.

Advertisement
the key is in it's simplicity, yet within that system there are options and built-in reads and counters. If the interior of the Oline can get better and have a better push upfront for the insider run game, this thing can be an absolute machine

Nowhere near . Missing that buck sweep, the counters, and we've yet to see his gimmick plays.

Thing with Lashlee tho is he might go into a game w 40 plays he wants to run but he'll abandon that and run the same 3 if hes eating on those.
Think maybe he is feeling we don’t have the lineman to execute those?

Lashlee is incredible. That doesn’t mean every week we’re going to drop 50 burgers but he brings a modern approach to the game. You’ll see motion, RPO, read options, misdirection, etc. all while remaining physical and utilizing tempo.

You’ll see this offense continue to build out and exploit what we’ve shown on tape. Exhibit A: the TD pass to Rooster. We’ve shown QB power against UAB and a few times in the first half. He was setting that up for 6 quarters and then boom, fake the QB run and slip the lead blocker behind the defense.

Miami is fun again on offense.

Advertisement
Back