Lashlee Appreciation

Lashlee schemed all 4 touchdowns versus Pitt. Harris, Mallory and Harley were all wide open due to scheme. All they had to do was catch the ball and practically walk into the endzone.

31 points versus Pitt is no easy task.

I like the 2-back sets.
I even saw us run Power (or "wrap") a couple times, pulling the Guard to lead through the B-gap.
Think we ran it early in the game and Chaney busted one for nine. It was well executed.

Wouldnt be surprised if we see that more and more as the season goes on. We tried to run that against UAB once or twice and got stuffed because the G was too slow on the pull.

Advertisement
I've now seen this guy scheme 4 touchdowns based on a counter to previous plays, namely the fake qb draw (knighton vs louisville, cam and mallory vs pitt) ... i've also saw him scheme the long cam touchdown run vs. louisville by leveraging a side via motion ...

not to mention the pressure tempo puts on defense to line up and play assignments which have led to points (jordan touchdowns vs. louisville and fsu) ... i've seen this and i'm never coached a day in my life (besides PE)

we've found ourselves saying over and over that the guy was highschool open, at some point we have to give credit where credit it due ... he's highschool open due to lashlee's creativity.
Question related to this: anyone think that Lashlee used the Clemson game to base the second meeting (assuming we make the ACC 'ship game) on a counter to the entire first game?! Do we think Manny & Rhett would think like that, given the schemes they dial up in game? I gotta admit, I can see them thinking like that... slim chance, but possible...?!

Only 4 spring practices and then a COVID late start to get ready for the season. New playbook and new staff - with a new QB. We missed a ton of reps. The only thing we’re missing now are a few more designed runs, a go-to WR, and some new tendencies on 1st down.

Offense would be a whole lot better if JT4 would have stayed.

This guy Lashlee is scheming the **** out of defenses. We have a lot to clean up. But. I’m a fan. Can’t wait until more pieces are in place.

Advertisement
Back