Lashlee Appreciation

ageezy

Cane til I Die
I've now seen this guy scheme 4 touchdowns based on a counter to previous plays, namely the fake qb draw (knighton vs louisville, cam and mallory vs pitt) ... i've also saw him scheme the long cam touchdown run vs. louisville by leveraging a side via motion ...

not to mention the pressure tempo puts on defense to line up and play assignments which have led to points (jordan touchdowns vs. louisville and fsu) ... i've seen this and i'm never coached a day in my life (besides PE)

we've found ourselves saying over and over that the guy was highschool open, at some point we have to give credit where credit it due ... he's highschool open due to lashlee's creativity.

Advertisement
I've now seen this guy scheme 4 touchdowns based on a counter to previous plays, namely the fake qb draw (knighton vs louisville, cam and mallory vs pitt) ... i've also saw him scheme the long cam touchdown run vs. louisville by leveraging a side via motion ...

not to mention the pressure tempo puts on defense to line up and play assignments which have led to points (jordan touchdowns vs. louisville and fsu) ... i've seen this and i'm never coached a day in my life (besides PE)

we've found ourselves saying over and over that the guy was highschool open, at some point we have to give credit where credit it due ... he's highschool open due to lashlee's creativity.
This.

It used to be a struggle to score. Now we're seeing at least one TD a game where someone is wide open because of his scheme and play calling. I'm not complaining one bit.

Advertisement
Definitely an improvement over Penos. I'd like to see a little more consistent success and converting more 3rd downs. The tempo is impossible to get going when you're getting stuffed too much on 1st down. Without tempo, this offense is too basic to have any consistent success because the D can regroup and get a call in to shut down the basic plays.

Lashlee is the best coordinator we've had at Miami since the Butch Davis era.

Our talent on offense, besides the RB, QB, and TE positions, is garbage. Garbage. Truly - he had better talent at SMU.

So the fact that he has this offense in the top 20 after playing two top 5 defenses in his first 6 games is ******* short of miraculous. That's the honest truth.

Give Lashlee some REAL talent to work with... like the kind of talent Miami SHOULD have.... and we'll be putting up video game numbers on everybody.

I’d like to see more variations in the run game, but overall I’m happy.
it's coming, we pulled out some pistol and we've instituted some two back sets ... we gained some momentum then got snuffed by clemson, regrouped against pit, now i'm hoping we really gain stride versus upcoming opponents heading toward a matchup with unc and our bowl game

Advertisement

@Liberty City El gave some great Lashlee appreciation.

@Liberty City El gave some great Lashlee appreciation.
LCE's post inspired me to give appreciation, five games in and we have alot of meat on the bone in terms of offense, but we're still averaging 35 a game

it's coming, we pulled out some pistol and we've instituted some two back sets ... we gained some momentum then got snuffed by clemson, regrouped against pit, now i'm hoping we really gain stride versus upcoming opponents heading toward a matchup with unc and our bowl game
Yea, that’s what I’m hoping for

Just win. And keep winning. Or it’s all caca. It’s been ****ing nearly 20 years of eating “The process” burger, I want something better.

Advertisement
Guy has taken heat on the board recently and I really don't get it he's literally scheming kids wide open because they can't get off the press. So he has to go into his bag and delivers. Thee ONLY thing id like to see is maybe some tosses to the outside or some counters to the inside zone.

I’d like to see more variations in the run game, but overall I’m happy.
This how I feel, not sure if he just doesnt trust the oline talent or what but there has to be more than inside zone an if it gets stuffed the game is over..

Close your eyes and think about the offensive line from last season. Take a deep breath, and just think hard. Replay last season in your mind.

9 sacks week 1
Running for 51 yards against Central Michigan
208 yards in an entire game against Pitt
Can't score a point in the 2nd half against a 2 win GT team
51 (FIFTY ONE) sacks in 13 games

@DMoney made a very good point that I think gets lost on people too often. You don't go from FIU and La Tech to beating Clemson in 8 months. You just don't. You can and should expect improvement, but when you're literally THE WORST in the entire country in a lot of aspects, you can't expect those to be major strengths in a season. This is the same OL as last season. And especially last week when Williams didn't play, it was literally THE EXACT same kids. And we went from what we watched last year to what we're seeing this year. Again, is the offense perfect? Is it best in the country? Of course not. But you have to take a step back and look big picture here. You can't take what we had last year and go worst to first. It just doesn't happen. Even with Lashlee himself, we all looked at 2019 SMU and said "Oh wow, look how great he was on 3rd down, he can do that for us". And that's fine...but 2019 was Year 2 there. Yes, they were 29th in the country in 3rd down % in 2019. But they were 123rd in his first year (2018). Things just don't happen overnight.

King is a godsend. Lashlee is a godsend. Enjoy them while they're here. They're MUCH better than what we've seen in the past several years here. MUCH. I saw a post comparing King to Malik Rosier. I'm dead serious, you should be banned for that. That is such an insanely ridiculous take that you shouldn't be allowed to offer your opinion any longer to those of us who understand this game and this program.

So just enjoy the season. A lot of us (me included) didn't think we'd have one. Watch the team mature, watch the offense get better, watch Lashlee put his stamp more and more on these kids as the year goes along. He's one of the better coordinators in the country, no matter how much some of you guys cry about him. But if you find yourself being one of those people, take a step back. Look big picture. Remember what you watched just 1 season ago. 3rd and 7, we may as well have just punted last year. We knew we weren't getting a first down, and we'd have saved our QB from taking a brutal hit. Now I actually expect maybe we'll be able to pick this up. I have confidence that we can score points. I have confidence we can get a pass off. It's the same group...save a couple kids. Literally. Enjoy it.

Advertisement
Lashlee is the best coordinator we've had at Miami since the Butch Davis era.

Our talent on offense, besides the RB, QB, and TE positions, is garbage. Garbage. Truly - he had better talent at SMU.

So the fact that he has this offense in the top 20 after playing two top 5 defenses in his first 6 games is ******* short of miraculous. That's the honest truth.

Give Lashlee some REAL talent to work with... like the kind of talent Miami SHOULD have.... and we'll be putting up video game numbers on everybody.

it’ll be interesting to see what we look like next year with the young freshmen/Rb developing and then weapons like Brinson, George, Smith, and Franklin being added.

I think he's been very good and I think he'll continue to improve as the year goes on as the young guys get in and improve the talent he has to work with. Not to mention, it will be easier due to the schedule. The good news is we have an above average offense and an above average defense and that should get us to win most games. We just need to win as many games as possible to sign great classes, then rinse and repeat. A few years of that and we should have the talent to truly play with anybody.

Lashlee schemed all 4 touchdowns versus Pitt. Harris, Mallory and Harley were all wide open due to scheme. All they had to do was catch the ball and practically walk into the endzone.

31 points versus Pitt is no easy task.

I like the 2-back sets.
I even saw us run Power (or "wrap") a couple times, pulling the Guard to lead through the B-gap.

I still think it’s going to take some time to run this offense at max efficiency. I still think we have another gear to go up on. Towards the last 3 games of the year, I think that’s where we will see this offense going like a well oiled machine.

Advertisement
Back