Lashlee’s AirRaid vs Brile’s Veer and Shoot

King will do nothing if this offensive line isn’t fixed. And I have a hard time believing it will be fixed. There was a video posted last week with the sights and sounds from practice, and I saw back to back plays where the offensive lineman got beat. Nesta absolutely abused one of the offensive lineman. I forget who was blocking him.
Are you sure nesta just isn’t the reincarnation of warren sapp?

Advertisement
I've noticed from watching SMU that Lashlee seems to run more of a typical air-raid style attack on ordinary downs...but in short yardage he goes full Malzahn.

King will do nothing if this offensive line isn’t fixed. And I have a hard time believing it will be fixed. There was a video posted last week with the sights and sounds from practice, and I saw back to back plays where the offensive lineman got beat. Nesta absolutely abused one of the offensive lineman. I forget who was blocking him.
Do you believe that the overall talent on the offensive line at SMU is really that much better than at Miami? That man for man, they just have better linemen? Or is it possible that a system completely designed to create running lanes and get the ball out of the quarterback’s hand fast can help mask a lesser talented line?

SMU is significantly less talented than Miami at pretty much every position yet they still had no issues scoring over 40 points a game. The beauty of the offense is that it doesn’t require All Americans at every position on the line to be successful. We’re so used to seeing pro style offenses here, we’ve been tricked into thinking you need an incredible line to score points. It’s simply not the case. Not saying Zion is going to magically transform into Leon Searcy or that having talented linemen don’t matter. Just that teams with zero NFL caliber linemen score 40+ points every week running this style of offense.

Advertisement
I have serious doubts about the o line too, but this system should take substantial pressure off the line to hold blocks so long and King can create with his legs to keep us in better down & distance more often. I still expect ups & downs regardless but hopefully we have improvement on offense similar to what our D had the first year under Manny in 2016 when we went from terrible in 2015 under D'Onofrio to 44th I believe nationally in total D in 2016.

Do you believe that the overall talent on the offensive line at SMU is really that much better than at Miami? That man for man, they just have better linemen? Or is it possible that a system completely designed to create running lanes and get the ball out of the quarterback’s hand fast can help mask a lesser talented line?

SMU is significantly less talented than Miami at pretty much every position yet they still had no issues scoring over 40 points a game. The beauty of the offense is that it doesn’t require All Americans at every position on the line to be successful. We’re so used to seeing pro style offenses here, we’ve been tricked into thinking you need an incredible line to score points. It’s simply not the case. Not saying Zion is going to magically transform into Leon Searcy or that having talented linemen don’t matter. Just that teams with zero NFL caliber linemen score 40+ points every week running this style of offense.
I would take SMU’s offensive line overs Miami’s any day of the week. Did you watch Miami’s offensive line last year? They were awful

I have serious doubts about the o line too, but this system should take substantial pressure off the line to hold blocks so long and King can create with his legs to keep us in better down & distance more often. I still expect ups & downs regardless but hopefully we have improvement on offense similar to what our D had the first year under Manny in 2016 when we went from terrible in 2015 under D'Onofrio to 44th I believe nationally in total D in 2016.
How did FSU do with Kendall Briles last year? They ran the same offense as Lashlee and they were never able to move the ball because their offensive line was bad. And the crazy thing is that I would say FSU’s line is better than ours 😂😂. Bottom line is that the offensive lineman on Miami have terrible technique

I would take SMU’s offensive line overs Miami’s any day of the week. Did you watch Miami’s offensive line last year? They were awful
Wrong

How did FSU do with Kendall Briles last year? They ran the same offense as Lashlee and they were never able to move the ball because their offensive line was bad. And the crazy thing is that I would say FSU’s line is better than ours 😂😂. Bottom line is that the offensive lineman on Miami have terrible technique

Wrong again

Advertisement
How is any of that wrong exactly?
You clearly haven’t read any of this thread as there are multiple posts explaining the many differences between Lashlee and Briles. But go ahead pro style bro. Every no huddle offense is the exact t same thing. The linemen at SMU and UCF are all great NFL prospects and every lineman at Miami should play FCS.

You clearly haven’t read any of this thread as there are multiple posts explaining the many differences between Lashlee and Briles. But go ahead pro style bro. Every no huddle offense is the exact t same thing. The linemen at SMU and UCF are all great NFL prospects and every lineman at Miami should play FCS.
Name one offensive lineman on Miami that is an NFL caliber player? Good look searching for one because there aren’t any.

Advertisement
Name one offensive lineman on Miami that is an NFL caliber player? Good look searching for one because there aren’t any.
Now you’re moving the goalposts. I just said Miami’s linemen are no less talented than SMU’s linemen. SMU had no problems scoring tons of points with a bunch of JAGs playing on their line.

Think about it. Last year at SMU, it took an average of just under 2.5 seconds for the quarterback to release the ball. Meanwhile, at Miami, quarterbacks were holding the ball on average for almost 5 seconds. How much easier is it to block a man for 2.5 seconds than it is for 5 seconds? You don’t have to be great to slow a guy down for 2.5 seconds. Just getting the ball out faster makes a huge difference. Expecting freshman linemen to pass protect for 5 seconds was suicidal

Advertisement
Never again should you compare Nesta to Warren Sapp. You are talking about one of the best defensive lineman in the history of the game. So disrespectful
I was just kidding man. Obviously I know that our offensive line sucks and that is not the case

I made this post so we could highlight the differences between the two. Again, both schemes employ up tempo spread attacks but the playcallers use different strategy to move the chains while driving down field. Furthermore, I don’t think we saw the beer and shoot at FSU last year. Whatever it was, it was a total **** show. Canes absolutely shut it down in every facet to the point where they ran more and more wildcat after awhile.

Advertisement
Back