Foreman

Sophomore
ETGZZUWJCIFIQQX.20130225175229.jpg
Coach Info:
Position: Tight Ends Coach
Other Position: Run Game Coordinator
Alma Mater: USF, 2000
Experience: 2 Years

Now I know most of you guys think all the coaches are terrible ( especially onofrio and his garbage penn state "hope the team makes a mistake on third down" mentality) but I think we can all say this guy has been doing a bang-up job. The tight ends have looked pretty **** good since he's been here, he's played a major role in us getting back into tampa and central florida and our run game looked pretty **** good at times last year. Hopefully he can stick around if things go south this year.

Advertisement
If the buzz surrounding Herndon/Njoku turns out to be legit after witnessing Walford show so much improvement as a two-star recruit-turned-Day 2 draft pick, then I'd have no issue at all if the next coach keeps Scott around.

Excluding Ice and Beard from the discussion since they just recently arrived, Scott may be the only member of this staff I don't despise.

Ice, Hurlie, Beard were here in administrative roles before becoming coaches.

Coley and Donofrio can't sniff a head coaching job.

Kehoe would be coaching in the arena league if not for Golden.

Paul Williams.....lulz

Golden has a losing record as a head coach

That leaves Melvin and Scott as the only two qualified coaches on this staff.

Paul Williams.....lulz

Kehoe has put a lot of guys in the league and built some dominant offensive lines.

Paul Williams.....lulz

Kehoe has put a lot of guys in the league and built some dominant offensive lines.

I have to vehemently disagree with you about Kehoe. He only had a dominant line when Butch was head coach. Kehoe has been the o line coach at Miami for an ungodly number of years, yet Oline is the position where we have produced the least amount of NFL talent, even though Oline has more positions on the field than any other position group.

Advertisement
Fish rots from head down. Focus on Golden and D'O. Coley is a superstar recruiter who still has to prove himself as an OC. Below that, no one stands out as terrible. Worst is Williams who is a bad recruiter. But even can't be blamed for not playing press or man and having his guys 10 yards off the LOS. That's Golden/D'O.

Yes, and one does not have to be a head coach to be outstanding. I would take a few Bud Foster's any day.

Paul Williams.....lulz

I have to vehemently disagree with you about Kehoe. He only had a dominant line when Butch was head coach. Kehoe has been the o line coach at Miami for an ungodly number of years, yet Oline is the position where we have produced the least amount of NFL talent, even though Oline has more positions on the field than any other position group.

I think part of that can be attributed to South Florida putting out less OL compared to other positions (this is my belief; although I searched, I could not find a site that provided where the most recruits came from by position).

And while your point about the OL having more players is true (so proportionally Miami has put less OL in than other positions), OL is not the position that Miami has put the least guys in the NFL (at least going back to 1980). Since 2000, it has actually been the position with the most players drafted (which can probably be attributed to more positions and Butch's recruiting).

PositionSince 1980Since 2000
DL3515
OL2616
WR3311
DB2614
RB229
LB3214

I am not trying to defend Kehoe here (I really don't know enough about OL coaching), but rather just trying to make sure the playing field is even when making comparisons/statements.

Paul Williams.....lulz

i dont think we can assess Coley because Golden has admitted to micromanaging him. he signs off on what coley does.
therefore, we dont know his full capablities

Advertisement
This thread started with an assessment of Larry Scott and then typically evolved into another trash everything in sight. Good guy, wants to be at Miami (could have gone elsewhere or left for other jobs) and in his short time here has done a helluva job developing tight ends. Also sounds like he's taken on more responsibility with the run game.

H

Paul Williams.....lulz

Please read quotes of NFL oline guys on Kehoe.

NFL coaches tear apart Giants first-round pick Ereck Flowers

Paul Williams.....lulz

And still is.

View attachment 31376
Coach Info:
Position:Tight Ends Coach
Other Position:Run Game Coordinator
Alma Mater:USF, 2000
Experience:2 Years

Now I know most of you guys think all the coaches are terrible ( especially onofrio and his garbage penn state "hope the team makes a mistake on third down" mentality) but I think we can all say this guy has been doing a bang-up job. The tight ends have looked pretty **** good since he's been here, he's played a major role in us getting back into tampa and central florida and our run game looked pretty **** good at times last year. Hopefully he can stick around if things go south this year.
Brother coaches high school football at sebring high. Also a UM alum. Great family. Hes already improved our program greatly. Larry Scott is also a really cool dude. Graduated with his son.

Advertisement
South Florida high school football doesn't exactly focus on the TE position like they do in the rest of the country so I'm pretty comfortable with the job Scott has done getting guys in here and getting real results while they're here.....unlike a certain DB corch.

South Florida high school football doesn't exactly focus on the TE position like they do in the rest of the country so I'm pretty comfortable with the job Scott has done getting guys in here and getting real results while they're here.....unlike a certain DB corch.

Pwilliams really ain't sh*t but arguably the deepest part of the team is the db group with talented players like Tracy Howard, Artie burns, corn elder, red wine, Jackson and then with safeties like Deon bush, Jenkins, Carter, Jaquan Johnson, Crawford. Coached Gunter up pretty well, however I do feel our dbs need better coaching when the ball is in the air. But that's really based on instincts. If you ain't got it you ain't going to never have it.

Last edited:
Advertisement
If you consciously made the decision to take a job under al golden, you're questionable in my book. It doesn't mean your job can't be justified with a new staff under any circumstances, it is just a uphill battle.

Last edited by a moderator:
While he's probably fine as a position coach.

I would like to see Butch hire his entire new staff carte blanche, with no influence from these most trying times.

Yeah, definitely look forward to Butch reconnecting with John Blake and his favorite tutor.

If you consciously made the decision to take a job under al golden, you're questionable in my book. It doesn't mean your job can't be justified with a new staff under any circumstances, it is just a uphill battle.

Say what you will about our dear Alfred but working for him (strangely) has actually seemed to help (or at least not hurt) the careers of almost all the coaches that have left.

Advertisement
Back