Larry Scott wins out

I want him to be kept on staff regardless of the finish.

1) Kids obviously respond to him.

2) I've loved what I've seen from our TE's since he's been here and Njoku is gonna wind up being the next truly great one here.

3) By all accounts of those who are knowledgeable, he's a pretty **** good recruiter.

He would really help smooth the transition of whoever takes over:

Agree with this. Unless Butch or whoever we hire has some big time TE coach in mind I dont see why he wouldnt be able to at least interview to keep his gig. He has done well. He helped make Walford into a high round pick and the best TE in the nation, is developing the **** out of Njoku and seems like a good recruiter. Seems like a win-win to me. But I wouldnt blame him if he wanted to pursue an opp at another school. Some coaches dont vibe with the whole "New sheriff in town" thing. I wish him luck either way.

Advertisement
butch wont clean house hes smart, there some guys that are great but ag makes n e one look bad. n oh larry wont win out this team is bunz sauce.

Advertisement
Larry Scott's claim to fame is that he is the guy who followed Al Golden. All he did was step back and let the kids have fun. While that move was completely necessary and might change the course of the season, it says nothing about his actual coaching ability.

Wins a bowl game.

What happens to Larry Scott if this happens? Does he land a decent gig somewhere else? Does he stay on?

That Duke game made Larry Scott cane for life in my eyes. Hope the best for Coach Scott moving forward.

do you mean wins out and beats clemson fsu and wins the bowl? if that happens next HC. barring that, retained on staff.

Advertisement
Wins a bowl game.

What happens to Larry Scott if this happens? Does he land a decent gig somewhere else? Does he stay on?

That Duke game made Larry Scott cane for life in my eyes. Hope the best for Coach Scott moving forward.

do you mean wins out and beats clemson fsu and wins the bowl? if that happens next HC. barring that, retained on staff.

There isn't one scenario where he ends up HC.

TE Coach and Associate HC, he's earned that for sure.

How has he earned that? He was the head coach that stood by while we blew a 4th quarter lead, then cheered like the rest of us during a miracle play. Like I said, I love that he is allowing them to cut loose, but let's not pretend like he took the wheel of the Titanic and got her sailing again.

Advertisement
Wins a bowl game.

Oh my. Head Coach? Good grief.

Larry Scott's claim to fame is that he is the guy who followed Al Golden. All he did was step back and let the kids have fun. While that move was completely necessary and might change the course of the season, it says nothing about his actual coaching ability.

Larry Scott's role, inadvertently, is to discredit Fraulden. He's doing a fine job of that.

However, to think that, with his limited experience, that he's capable of running the football program, is ludicrous. Coker was an OC, and he couldn't do it. Randy was a DC, and he couldn't do it.

We're talking about resurrecting the football program. It's best to leave it to those that have a PROVEN track record. You know, like Butch.

Safe to say he has an excellent chance to stay here in some capacity whether he wins out or not. End of speculation.

Advertisement
Very good motivator. Gonna be able to recruit with a little more clout if he runs the table. Kids gravitate towards him.

Cuts loose

Keep him on staff

See that's the mistake here. Win some coastal games and get the job? How is his recruiting, how is his overall running of the program. You will have no evidence of any of this. No way bro

I can't believe the phrase "wins out" is being used. Love to see it happen, but lets slow our roll on that- there's no reason to think 5 years of bad habits can be reversed that quickly.

Advertisement
Back