Larry Scott wins out

pcitycane

Retired staff
Premium
Wins a bowl game.

What happens to Larry Scott if this happens? Does he land a decent gig somewhere else? Does he stay on?

That Duke game made Larry Scott cane for life in my eyes. Hope the best for Coach Scott moving forward.

Advertisement
Wins a bowl game.

What happens to Larry Scott if this happens? Does he land a decent gig somewhere else? Does he stay on?

That Duke game made Larry Scott cane for life in my eyes. Hope the best for Coach Scott moving forward.

Takes over Flake's job.

Wins a bowl game.

Assuming he does run the table that is an intriguing question. He won't nor should he get the job here because at this stage we need a guy that has shown the capability to run and win at a big time program and everything that comes with that. The next coach would make the decision on weather or not to retain him.

I really didn't know much about coach Scott other than the fact that he played and coached at USF, is considered a players coach and a good recruiter and that his brother Lavaar Scott played DE here at UM under Butch Davis. From what I have seen from him since he was named interim I like him. He seems like a very genuinely nice guy. He doesn't strike me as a two faced con artist like the guy he's filling in for or a guy that spouts a bunch of tired cliches for the sake of sounding like a coach. I think coach Scott is very comfortable being who he is and in that manner he is able to earn the respect of the players.

If Scott runs the table and I hope he does, he will have plenty of opportunities come his way. I like him. He's the type of guy that I want to see succeed and I think he will.

Advertisement
well if he wins out and wins a bowl game then that means (most likely if UNC can drop another two games) that we would be in a matchup against clemson for a second time who we just lost 58-0. Winning out would mean that he beats them and i’m no historian but I would assume no team has ever gotten their *** kicked that badly by a team and then beat them later in the season. If we do win the coastal and get to the ACC champ and WIN that game then Larry coach deserves to be HC in my opinion. he would legitimately show that golden couldn’t coach and he did so with the same exact staff and team

if we don’t go to the ACC champ game because UNC wins the coastal but scott still wins out and goes to a bowl game, then I do NOT believe he should be HC. The remaining schedule is not exactly a gauntlet and we have a better team than all four remaining opponents (even though UNC has better record), and I believe it wouldn’t be in our future’s best interest to go with a first time HC who was part of goldens staff

I think he'd have performed admirably, but I just don't think he'd be a long term coach, yet. The thing with interim guys, things seem to go farely well when the coach is fired mid season. Look at Orgeron at USC for example. I don't think he'd been a good long term fix. Scott could be a good coach some day, I just the state of the program can't rest on a team being coached by a guy who's never even been a coordinator at a major program, let alone a HC at any level. (Not taking anything away from his accomplishments that have happened or may happen.)

I wouldn't be shocked if we won out and still didn't win the coastal and then won our bowl game if he pulls that off the job is his imo

Anyone about to suggest Larry Scott becomes our next coach, regardless of his performance over the next 5 games, please unplug your device and cram it into your *******.

Advertisement
I want him to be kept on staff regardless of the finish.

1) Kids obviously respond to him.

2) I've loved what I've seen from our TE's since he's been here and Njoku is gonna wind up being the next truly great one here.

3) By all accounts of those who are knowledgeable, he's a pretty **** good recruiter.

He would really help smooth the transition of whoever takes over:

Was Scott the one coach debating with Dorito in the film room on a recruit?

**** I hate Dorito

At absolute bare minimum, I hope he is retained as TE's coach. Developed Walford, helped evaluate Njokou, fantastic ties to the rich Tampa area as a recruiter, etc.. He's one shade below indispensable in my eyes.

Whoa Nelly......let's wait & see how things go on Sat. vs VA. Not a slam dunk & still nothing conclusive as to who's at QB.

Advertisement
New coach needs to keep him, but he's not ready to be the HC at the U. Kids respect him and they seem to want to play for him. Seems to be a good recruiter. If he wins out, he needs to go after the TE from Ga., Nauta.

Anyone about to suggest Larry Scott becomes our next coach, regardless of his performance over the next 5 games, please unplug your device and cram it into your *******.

100%

It's amazing how the trolls/SLURPERS constantly morph.

Wins a bowl game.

Assuming he does run the table that is an intriguing question. He won't nor should he get the job here because at this stage we need a guy that has shown the capability to run and win at a big time program and everything that comes with that. The next coach would make the decision on weather or not to retain him.

I really didn't know much about coach Scott other than the fact that he played and coached at USF, is considered a players coach and a good recruiter and that his brother Lavaar Scott played DE here at UM under Butch Davis. From what I have seen from him since he was named interim I like him. He seems like a very genuinely nice guy. He doesn't strike me as a two faced con artist like the guy he's filling in for or a guy that spouts a bunch of tired cliches for the sake of sounding like a coach. I think coach Scott is very comfortable being who he is and in that manner he is able to earn the respect of the players.

If Scott runs the table and I hope he does, he will have plenty of opportunities come his way. I like him. He's the type of guy that I want to see succeed and I think he will.

well said.

Advertisement
Wins a bowl game.

In that case, Butch might keep him. Not sure want position. Once Butch rubs the Al off of Scott, I think he has promise and could be another of those coaches who benefit from being on a Butch Davis staff. Al leaves such a stink that it is hard to get excited over anyone on staff but I suspect some of them are a lot better than it looks.

Whoa Nelly......let's wait & see how things go on Sat. vs VA. Not a slam dunk & still nothing conclusive as to who's at QB.

Its THE RETURN and all the hate since. We are cooking up batches of Koolaide. I am already dream on rematch against FSU or Clemson. All this hate is intoxicating.

Advertisement
Back