Larry Scott wins out

No one on this site thinks that's even possible or we would be talking about the UVA game and we would stop harping on the Duke game.

Advertisement
OP is hypothetical. Not expectation or prediction.

For the "slow our roll" crowd.

Sweet, I've always wanted my own crowd. "Hypothetically", I'd say that it would be great to keep him as a position coach if he wants to stay. I can't see him as a coordinator at Miami quite yet, but wouldn't be surprised if somebody else did and he left for greener pastures.

Advertisement
Sweet, I've always wanted my own crowd. "Hypothetically", I'd say that it would be great to keep him as a position coach if he wants to stay. I can't see him as a coordinator at Miami quite yet, but wouldn't be surprised if somebody else did and he left for greener pastures.

That would be the perfect end scenario. No associate coordinator or head coach BS... thats far from reality. I think if he wins out, he will be coveted for a better position at a mid major or a smaller school. Would love for him to stay with us as a position coach, that is if the new HC wants to keep him on board.

He can be tight ends coach nothing more but he might have a battle for it if mario christobal wants the tight ends coach position

Would Mario take a TE coaching position? I'm assuming that nobody (else) is interested in him as a HC, but is anyone looking at him as a coordinator? Seems like TE would be a step back for him, and I doubt that he's so loyal to Miami that he'd take a pay cut.

Would Mario take a TE coaching position? I'm assuming that nobody (else) is interested in him as a HC, but is anyone looking at him as a coordinator? Seems like TE would be a step back for him, and I doubt that he's so loyal to Miami that he'd take a pay cut.

TRAITORS are often shunned by all non-POTATOES.

Advertisement
Larry Scott's claim to fame is that he is the guy who followed Al Golden. All he did was step back and let the kids have fun. While that move was completely necessary and might change the course of the season, it says nothing about his actual coaching ability.

This makes absolutely no sense. smdh

Give him a nice severance check along with a letter of recommendation and send him on his way. Miami doesn't need another unproven coach.

Advertisement
Advertisement
Back