Larry Johnson Sr.

PSU Cane

Junior
Looks like Larry Johnson may be gone from PSU if the Franklin signing is true (based on posting his son Tony made on Facebook). Would LOVE to have that guy on staff in place of Franklin....stud coach and stud recruiter.

Advertisement
He's a BEAST recruiter. Would love him on our staff. I'd be shocked if they didn't fight like crazy to keep him.

He's a BEAST recruiter. Would love him on our staff. I'd be shocked if they didn't fight like crazy to keep him.

I'm sure they will, but with everything that went down recently, i don't know if he will. The administration there is a mess right now. O'Brien fires Vanderlinden and then leaves himself. The administration makes Johnson interim coach and people within the University push him to interview for the HC job. Now he's just supposed to go back and do what? It's one thing if it would have been a Penn State guy like Golden or Munchak....it's family. But now? I don't know. Him and Vanderlinden stayed with O'Brien b/c they were supposed to help bridge the transition, kind of the way Golden kept Barrow and hired Kehoe. I'm not sure if he wants to go through that again, especially now by himself.

Oh, and he can bring Thomas Holley with him at DT!

Last edited:
8.jpeg

Looks like Larry Johnson may be gone from PSU if the Franklin signing is true (based on posting his son Tony made on Facebook). Would LOVE to have that guy on staff in place of Franklin....stud coach and stud recruiter.

HOF basketball player if he was 3" taller too.

Advertisement
Advertisement
We need Kevin Patrick not a PSU cast off. We need a guy that can connect with S. FLa that has UM roots.

Go Canes

We need Kevin Patrick not a PSU cast off. We need a guy that can connect with S. FLa that has UM roots.

Go Canes

What makes you think Kevin Patrick is that guy, because he's not. Larry Johnson would be a huge get. I'd hire Genron before Patrick.

Go Canes

Cast off? He's one of the best in the business. Take the Penn State blinders off for a second.

I love Kevin Patrick as well....been screaming to get him back on board for a few years now. But if i had the option between LJ and Patrick, i take LJ all day long.

Advertisement
Urban Meyer is a ****. A brilliant ****, but still a ****. Ugh.

Great hire.

Last edited:
Advertisement
would be a nice pull to get Larry Johnson here

Edit: just saw that the slithery snake picked him up.. F**k!

Advertisement
Back