Larry Blustein - 2014 Top 75 Prs Spring List - South Fla.

Honestly dont see why people assume we are going to land both Sony and Cook. Both of those guys want to be feature backs, Cook is already committed elsewhere, and while I think he can certainly be flipped, I dont see him flipping, just so sign at the same school Sony is going to.

As for Patton, I though Ive read that he's a strong Canes fan and that even with the BTW drama, we have a very good shot with him.

Advertisement
Honestly dont see why people assume we are going to land both Sony and Cook. Both of those guys want to be feature backs, Cook is already committed elsewhere, and while I think he can certainly be flipped, I dont see him flipping, just so sign at the same school Sony is going to.

As for Patton, I though Ive read that he's a strong Canes fan and that even with the BTW drama, we have a very good shot with him.

His brother plays on UM's basketball team.

Advertisement
Herb needs to get on Lane. Him and Coley with Olsen throwing to them won't be fair.

His brother plays on UM's basketball team.

Weve had a lot of kids who have relatives at UM, that didnt stop them from signing elsewhere. I just dont see it. Believe me, I would love nothing more than to land them both, but I think were likely to end up with just one. And I would be **** happy about that.

I think Sony should be priority ONE. Followed by Clark at 1a.

You sell them on the same thing that Alabama sells the 4 EFFING STUDS they signed this class. Or Georgia when they signed Marshall and Gurley in the same class.

Cook has already said he likes the idea of playing with Duke, and if Michel should have it programmed in to his head that he is better than everyone else, no matter what their name is.

Advertisement
Cooks going to be a HARD PULL. Staffs on it though. ITS not an either/or situation with Cook and Sony. Can't let either of them get away. There's also a third back/ath staff wants.

You sell them on the same thing that Alabama sells the 4 EFFING STUDS they signed this class. Or Georgia when they signed Marshall and Gurley in the same class.

Cook has already said he likes the idea of playing with Duke, and if Michel should have it programmed in to his head that he is better than everyone else, no matter what their name is.

Dude Alabama as won 3 of the last 4 MNCs.. and its Alabama, whoever they cant convince, they buy. We cant expect to pull the kind of classes Alabama pulls, at least not until we are playing in BCS bowls again.

At this point, if we could land Sony, Clark, Moten, Lane, Patten, and either Flowers or Edouard, I would say we did **** good in SoFla.

Neither one of those kids are scared to compete. Cook could have left to Norland last year to be the featured guy but decided to stay at Central. If Miami wins 10 games next year I could easily seeing us getting both.

Advertisement
Why do people think we get 2 of the top 5 RB's in the nation next year in Sony and Dalvin? I find it next to impossible that this happens.

Shouldn't assume anyone, besides guys like McDermott or Jermaine Grace who make it apparent early on where their loyalties lie.

Cook has interest, has mentioned Miami, and he goes to a Dade County school. Nothing wrong with saying we are one of the favorites for him based on those factors alone.

Advertisement
I know it's not practical, but I'd love it if Golden ignored BTW for all eternity. I will personally drive Treon Harris to whatever school he wants to go to.

This is not the year for that, but it we dont pull any of these guys, I would have to agree. No use in wasting resources. When we start winning again and these kids want to be a part of it, it will be Ice, not Golden, who will need to swallow their pride.

Advertisement
Back