Larkin tweet

Advertisement
he is the best pg in college right now let him make his money

Burke is the top PG. Larkin is top 3.

When they measure Larkin's official height and wingspan at the Chicago pre-draft camp, his stock will plummet. DJ Augustine's relative struggles in the NBA aren't helping guys like Larkin, and I think Larkin will actually measure (wingspan-wise) shorter.

Larkin needs to add a lot of bulk and become a much more consistent shooter and floor leader.

I contacted my buddy who works for the Magic, asked him about the interest in Larkin he has been hearing. His exact word were he is to small, and the Magic have no interest in him, he has no idea why he would leave early.

From his point of view, he isn't going to get any taller, so NBA teams will always have doubts even if he stays four years and keeps showing improvement.

OTOH, if I were Shane I'd want to be as good as I could be prior to entering the league, because he won't get many chances if he struggles as a rookie. Plus his dad is rich and he can enjoy being a star athlete on campus for a couple of years. What's the rush? Whatever he decides, I wish him the best of luck. Very fun player to watch, and seems like a good kid.

Advertisement
I contacted my buddy who works for the Magic, asked him about the interest in Larkin he has been hearing. His exact word were he is to small, and the Magic have no interest in him, he has no idea why he would leave early.

they are the dolphins of the NBA.....but I agree, he will make a NBA team and he is Goneeeeeeeeee...thats fine. Lets see coach L work his magic with all new guys...my guess we dance again

Advertisement
Shane probably is 5'10. Not that being 5'9 or 5'11 changes things greatly when you're under 6 feet. There in lies the problem, there are not many players under 6'0 feet in the league.

When it comes to similar players, PG Isaiah Thomas (5'9) is probably the closest comparison. Isaiah can shoot and has the speed. Isaiah left college early to be drafted 60th overall. Isaiah had a good freshman campaign in the NBA and averaged 11.5 PPG, 4.1 APG and 2.6 RPG and his success is continuing this year as well.

Can players play under 6 feet in the NBA, of course. But teams put such a premium on height that they don't always give players a fair chance if they don't have it. At the end of the day, Isaiah and Shane come from different backgrounds and may have had different pressures. I know Isaiah had to transfer in HS because of academic problems, he may not care about education (i.e. staying in school). Shane has family money. If I am Shane, I am staying at least one more year. I don't see any good reason to leave.

they are the dolphins of the NBA.....but I agree, he will make a NBA team and he is Goneeeeeeeeee...thats fine. Lets see coach L work his magic with all new guys...my guess we dance again

I was telling you all what he said. You would think bringing in a guy from Orlando would get some attention and being Barry's son. You cant compare them to the Dolphons because before the Dwight drama they were a playoff team vearly even made a finals.

Advertisement
Burke proved why he's the best PG in the nation. My goodness he put Michigan on his back at the end.

Stunning performance, wasn't it? That was amazing, and I think with another year in the program, Shane could get to that level. What he's missing is the aggressiveness to get his own when it's necessary. That Burke dude said **** this, I'm carrying us to a win and then did it. Been doing it all year, too.

It's not his height. It's his strength that he can improve. Again, I view the relative struggles of a DJ Augustin as problematic for Shane's prospects in the draft.

Advertisement
I am sure Shanes parents want him to get a degree, that was the goal when he picked Miami..a great degree...no one saw his potential..Still he does not need the money at this point and a degree and one more year with Miami and he should be all everything next year....I think he is gone, but something tells me mom and dad might be on our side

Advertisement
Back