Langham Updates the Latest

View as article

Tito Benach

Staff Writer
Premium
2014 Santaluces (Fla.) wide receiver Darrell Langham is doing everything he can to take his game to the next level while getting ready for the 2013 season.

“We’ve been training on routes and things, trying to get them down. Sometime we will sit down and watch film from last year and recap and see what we need to work on.”

Langham has taken the leadership role for the receivers group by not only leading every drill, but also instructing the other young players.

“I’m pretty much the one who leads the drills to show them how to do it and I’ll stop and explain how to do it for them.”

As far as goals for his senior season, the Lake Worth native isn’t looking for certain statistics, but rather a team goal.

“Really, my goal is to get my team to play offense and what goes on from there to just get us to the top.”

The 6’4, 180-pound receiver gave his pledge to Miami back during the summer and assures that he is still solidly committed.

“I talk to them often, on Facebook usually. The commitment was big to me because it was local and I’m still near my family and everything. I’d say it’s still 100 percent.”

Langham has high remarks for both head coach Al Golden and receivers coach Brennan Carroll.

“Coach Golden is a good coach, he knows a lot of ways to get the ball into his players' hands. I think Coach Carroll is a good guy, he knows a lot of cone drills to help out with speed and everything and I look forward to working with him.”

As of right now, the Santaluces product has no intentions of taking any visits to any college, but will be attending Miami’s senior day in August.

“Yes, I’ll be attending. I’m just trying to have a good time there.”

One aspect that truly separated Miami from all the other schools in contention for Langham was the academic side.

“They really got me with the educational part, with the small classes, the teachers work with you hands-on a lot. That’s what really got me.”

Langham’s head coach Daryl Drinkwater commented on the type of kid Darrell is and his character.

“He is an extremely respectful kid and well-mannered kid who is an absolute pleasure to coach. He is obviously also extremely talented with tremendous upside.”

Last edited by a moderator:
Advertisement
I hope he has the drive just like Kaaya and Rudolph who were both slept on then busted their *** and turned everybodys heads

Advertisement
He's a 4 star on ESPN, I wouldn't really call him a sleeper. This board kind of sleeps on him because he is already committed and there is so much talent on the board. But anybody with any football knowledge sees footage like that of a kid 6'4 with those kinds of hands and athleticism. Its not a hard eval to make.

Overlooking aint even the word he is very underrated but once he come to miami people will see

I love this friggin kid. He's already good and has so much room to get better.

Jump aboard now folks, bandwagon is filling up.

Why do you guys consider a 4 star with his measurables overlooked or underrated? You don't hear a lot about him because he's not all over the place making a cvnt of himself like so many other divas are. He's a great player and exactly the type of guy you can win with with because he's not a selfish baby. He seems to have that Al "Hitman" Hurns/Herb Waters attitude.

Advertisement
Why do you guys consider a 4 star with his measurables overlooked or underrated? You don't hear a lot about him because he's not all over the place making a cvnt of himself like so many other divas are. He's a great player and exactly the type of guy you can win with with because he's not a selfish baby. He seems to have that Al "Hitman" Hurns/Herb Waters attitude.

He was only a four star on ESPN. Then after the commitment he became a 4* on 247 & scout + rivals still have him as 2/3 IIRC. Stars aren't the reason I'm saying he's overlooked. I stated that because our fanbase focuses so much on the remaining targets while we have a stud currently committed.

He was only a four star on ESPN. Then after the commitment he became a 4* on 247 & scout + rivals still have him as 2/3 IIRC. Stars aren't the reason I'm saying he's overlooked. I stated that because our fanbase focuses so much on the remaining targets while we have a stud currently committed.

Probably the same reason why people don't go to the bank and stare at their money every day. They keep grinding for more money.

Probably the same reason why people don't go to the bank and stare at their money every day. They keep grinding for more money.

That's not my point. People are acting as if Lane is a need when we have Langham who can bring similar qualities

That's not my point. People are acting as if Lane is a need when we have Langham who can bring similar qualities

Those people are dumb. Don't waste your time with them. Lane is far from a need.

Advertisement
Having him makes getting a bunch of these other WR not so important. We might already have the one who turns into the best of all.

Advertisement
I love this friggin kid. He's already good and has so much room to get better.

Jump aboard now folks, bandwagon is filling up.

Reminds me of a JUCO guy we missed on last cycle named Jaelen Strong.

In a couple years, Langham is gonna be BOSS.

Great call on Jaelen Strong. I really liked that kid a lot. I was a big Jantavious Carter fan from the get go and Langham to me seems like a more polished version of that mold.

Great call on Jaelen Strong. I really liked that kid a lot. I was a big Jantavious Carter fan from the get go and Langham to me seems like a more polished version of that mold.

Whats funny is I still have this small weird feeling that Jontaveous can be a serious threat here one day. His size and athleticism are off the charts, it's just a matter of putting it all together I guess.

Its time for that kid DeMari Jones to come out from under that rock... but I knew he was a project coming in but if he doesn't do something he may be looking for a new school next year... because he will surely get passed up. I'm liking the idea of these tall receivers though... I really liked Jones' high school tape though... routing for the kid to male a splash.

Advertisement
Back