Lane will be the New OC

Lane took a half million dollar pay cut to go to FAU. Only reason to do that is because you want to be the play caller. I don't see how giving that up. His buyout is at least 1.5 million and he has a 10 year contract.

Advertisement
Yall do realize that Lane was at the Bama game last night in Miami gear right? Could be a coincidence, But. ......

8927103.jpeg

Lane took a half million dollar pay cut to go to FAU. Only reason to do that is because you want to be the play caller. I don't see how giving that up. His buyout is at least 1.5 million and he has a 10 year contract.

It does sound far fetched.

The only way i could see it happen is if Manny would give him full autonomy of the offense (Assistant HC role) that would allow Lane to focus on offense and less on the other stuff like fundraisers, speaking engagements, etc and free up some time for him. He could use a UM OC job as a springboard for another HC job just as easy as an FAU HC job if he wanted it down the line. Still doesn't seem feasible.

It's just fun to hypothesize. If Banda and Patke can get DC jobs, i guess anything can happen around here.

Last edited:
Advertisement
Senor Freshwater in the Gables would be lit....Richt could have contacted Lane early after Wisconsin mauled us...

Advertisement
Advertisement
The guy you are referring to.. bamacane4 or whatever his tag is.... Is full of ****. Fake insider and has been called even in this site.

My memory was foggy on that. If he was pushed out, then who knows. He honestly seems happy at FAU. But we can pay him more and he wouldn't have to move.
No he wasnt pushed out. He left and Saban was kind of ****ed.
One thing I have to give to Lane is that he is straight Savage and he DGAF.

Advertisement
lol at leaving a D1 HC position for Miami to be OC...................whoever believed that would believe anything

he gVe up play calling a few games into his first year at FAU

Advertisement
Back